seventeen

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jae-ah, hurry up-" Jaebum sighed, tapping his foot impatiently while he waited at the Choi's front door.

"Wait wait, give me a minute!" Youngjae squeaked out, bending down to tie his shoelace, which sadly, wasn't exactly cooperating with him today.

Jaebum would've laughed at his boyfriend, but it was becoming rather annoying, and repetitive. He rolled his eyes instead.

Youngjae's shoelace just kept coming out. Who knows what was wrong with the thing?

Jaebum was just about to step inside again to help the younger, but was stopped by the sound of a triumphant cry.

"Yes! Hyung I did it!" Youngjae stood up straight again, cheering. Looking at Jaebum with a wide grin on his pink tinted face.

Jaebum chuckled softly, "Good job baby," He smiled before extending his hand out to Youngjae, waiting for his boyfriend to come grab it.

"Hurry I don't want to be late for this Youngjae-ah." Jaebum said with a slight hint of worry in his voice.

Youngjae looked at his hyung with an eyebrow raised. A suspecting smile playing onto his lips.

"What do you have planned hyung?"

Jaebum smirked, shifting the weight on his foot.

"That's for me to know-" He began, watching as Youngjae walked up to him, placing his hand in his own.

He twisted Youngjae around, pressing the boy's back against his chest, leaning into his ear to whisper. "And for you, to find out." He finished off, placing a kiss right on the side of Youngjae's neck.

Youngjae's cheeks flush a dark shade of red, as his hand tightens onto Jaebum's even harder.

"O-okay hyung."

Jaebum smiled softly, wrapping his arms around Youngjae's middle.

"You'll love it, I'm sure of it sunshine."

- - -

It was evening, the sun had already set a little while ago, and the first few stars were already adorning the dark skies with small, precise little dots.

Youngjae looked up with a soft smile, leaning into Jaebum's side, while their hands were still entwined together.

Jaebum had planned a very "adorable" - in Youngjae's opinion - dinner date for the two of them.

It was clear to the couple that Jaebum would be leaving tomorrow afternoon.

It wasn't very long and Youngjae was determined to spend all that remaining time he had, with Jaebum. They both tried not to think about what would happen when those hours were over. About what would happen once Jaebum left.

The date was lovely, the two had dinner at Youngjae's favourite place. Then while there was still some light outside, they went to the ice cream place they went to on one of their very first dates. 

Needless to say, this time, Youngjae got the cookie dough flavoured one.

The two walked over to the park right across the row of shops they had just came from, finding a bench to sit on, while the sky rapidly changed hues. Bright pinks, soft reds and lingering blues painting the sky as the sun was setting, somewhere on the horizon.

Jaebum had an arm wrapped around the smaller boy while the two of them ate their ice creams. Youngjae not exactly paying much attention to Jaebum himself, as he furiously ate his ice cream. "Hyung, this flavour is so good! I can't believe I never knew they had this one.. I'm never going back to strawberry cream again." Youngjae exclaimed between small . Chuckling, Jaebum nodded in agreement, taking a of his own ice cream of the same flavour.

For a few moments, the two simply ate in silence, enjoying the sheer company of the other. Their surroundings slowly became darker and darker, streetlights flickering on, while shops closed up and lights could be seen through house windows.

"Hey hyung,"

Jaebum hummed in response to show he was listening.

"I'm gonna eat this ice cream flavour everyday now. To remind me of you."

Jaebum blinked, turning to look at Youngjae, who had a huge grin on his face, and a speck of ice cream on his cheek.

"I know it's not the smartest idea. It'll be a lot of sugar and it won't be helpful during winter, but I'm doing it."

Jaebum held back a laugh.  "Youngjae, baby, if you have too much of it you're going to get sick of it."

Youngjae pouted, "I don't care. If it's your favourite, it's going to stay my favourite."

The older of the two laughed softly, finishing off his cone while Youngjae did so too. Right after, Jaebum pulled the other boy into his lap, Youngjae's legs curled around each side of Jaebum's waist.

Jaebum grinned as Youngjae's cheeks flushed a soft pink, pulling the boy closer for a second, pressing their noses together.

"Hyung~!" The boy whined, jutting out his bottom lip.

Jaebum only smirked, pulling back slightly to see the speck of ice cream still on Youngjae's cheek.

Feeling nostalgic much Jaebum? He thought to himself, before titling his head, leaning in and the substance of his boyfriend's cheek. Pressing a kiss there right after.

Youngjae squeaked, cheeks warming as he held onto Jaebum's shirt.

"Jaebum-hyung.. Did you just-" His eyes widen, a smile forming on face.

"Yes I did." Jaebum replied grinning.

Youngjae bit his lip, eyebrows furrowing together as he tried to look for specks of ice cream lingering on the older boy's face, and found nothing.

Youngjae let out a sigh of defeat, leaning in to peck Jaebum on the lips.

It was short, sweet and full of love. Much like all their kisses and touches were.

Jaebum smiled fondly, gently pulling Youngjae off his lap to sit him on the bench again. Jaebum stood up, looki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter