eighteen

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ever familiar and ever annoying sound of his alarm woke him up.

He shifted around in the sheets, groaning and rubbing his eyes. Squinting to see small red numbers glaring "7:00" at him.

Youngjae was never an early riser.

Although today? Today was definitely an exception.

Today was the day Jaebum would leave.

And Youngjae hated how that sounded so he refrained from putting it like that. In fact, he refrained from saying it, or even thinking about it at all.

Jaebum would have to take the train to the nearing city, and catch his flight from there. It was in the early afternoon so he had to leave home for the train station pretty early.

And of course, Youngjae had already stubbornly decided he was going with him to drop him off.

Jaebum's parents were also going along with him, but that was for a completely different reason. Jaebum was simply off for his tertiary education. His parents on the other hand, could've stayed back. But Youngjae had heard his boyfriend's parents saying something about moving to permanently stay in one of the big cities, now that their son was 'off their hands.'

Youngjae had his teeth clenched and his hand balled into a first when he heard them. It sounded horrible, but he couldn't utter a word. Jaebum previously told him his parents were like that, and although Youngjae wanted nothing more than to put them in their place and tell them to respect their child, Jaebum advised him not to. The younger boy didn't question it, knowing that the answer to his query might make him want to oppose Jaebum's words even more.

Youngjae was just glad his sweet boyfriend wouldn't have to deal with the likes of his own horrible parents anymore.

-

Mr Choi was up early again, all ready for work and currently sipping a cup of steaming hot tea.

He knew his wife wouldn't be up for at least another hour, and his son?Probably about a year, maybe 10.

But the poor elder nearly fell out of his seat when he saw a completely styled up Youngjae rushing down the stairs with his bag slung over his shoulder, while he frantically tried to pack things within it.

"Y-Youngjae!?" His father gasped, eyes widening with confusion and surprise.

"Oh, dad! I'm just heading out for a while, J-Jaebum hyung's leaving today you know.." Youngjae exclaims, voice softening near the end of his speech.

His father relaxed slightly, leaning back into his chair.

"I'll let your mother know before I leave for work." The elder smiled, taking another sip of his early morning coffee.

And with that, Youngjae grabbed a slice of buttered toast from the dining table and rushed outside, stumbling into his old sneakers as he shut the front door behind him.

Youngjae, being the somewhat humble yet slightly stupid child he is, decided to run all the way to Jaebum's house. Part of why he woke up so early, even though Jaebum was only catching the train at around 9.

-

Panting, with hands on his knees, Youngjae makes it to Jaebum's house. He's almost too tired to lift his arm and wrist to knock, but he manages.

He hears a bang behind the door before it opens and he sees a flustered Jaebum, with wide, surprised eyes and a soft smile.

"I told you I'd pick you up Jae,"

Youngjae laughed. Well at least he tried to.

"I couldn't wait." Youngjae grinned.

Jaebum rolled his eyes and pulled the younger boy inside, shutting the door behind them. All Youngjae saw, were packed up boxes and bags scattered throughout the house, his heart beginning to ache.

"..Need any help hyung?" Youngjae asks, much too quietly. It was a wonder that Jaebum managed to pick it up.

"No it's alright, we've got it all under control." Jaebum smiled, turning to take Youngjae's hand in his own. He Brought it up to his curved lips, pressing a soft kiss on the smooth skin.

Youngjae felt his cheeks heat up slightly, and he closed his hand into a fist. Gently he pulled his hand away, and leaned in closer to Jaebum. Almost immediately their lips touched. Youngjae's head tilted slightly, while their lips moulded together in perfect harmony.

Youngjae had a strong grip on the flimsy fabric of Jaebum's shirt while they kissed, and Jaebum had his arms wrapped around the smaller boy.

When they pulled away, Youngjae stayed in Jaebum's embrace, his head leaning on his chest. So close that he could hear Jaebum's racing heart, matching the same pace as his own.

"I love you hyung."

Jaebum chuckled. "I know. I love you too sweetheart."

Youngjae shifted himself so his face was buried in that white fabric, as he felt tears well up in his eyes.

Jaebum felt the wetness on his shirt and sighed, pulling Youngjae away from him, so he could look the younger boy in the eyes.

"Don't cry Jae-ah. At least save your tears for later if you have to. I don't want to see you cry," Jaebum muttered with pure affection, using the pad of his thumb to brush away the tears staining his cheeks.

Youngjae nodded, wiping the rest of his face on the sleeves of his shirt.

"So, hyung.. I'm guessing all your things are already on the move?"

Jaebum nodded. "The truck came this morning. It'll probably arrive later than I do, so it'll be a rush to move everything back to the apartment."

Youngjae sighed, "I see. So Mark and Jinyoung are renting the one next to yours?" Jaebum smiled, "Yeah they are. They're so excited about it, you should've heard their plans for the place."

"Seoul seems like a huge place. Aren't you scared?" Youngjae whispered, looking up into Jaebum's eyes anxiously.

Jaebum grinned, shaking his head. "Maybe just a little, but I'm gonna be living there for a while, maybe even my whole life once you get there next year too. I gotta get used to the place. How else would I know where the best places to take you out on dates are?"

Youngjae laughed at that, "Yeah, I guess so hyung. You better take me somewhere real nice when I get there." The boy grinned, his features softening into something more sad a few seconds after.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter