epilogue

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*One year later*

"Mom?" Youngjae questions into his phone, gripping the silver device tightly.

"Yes, honey?" His mother's voice replies from the other line.

"I just landed in Seoul, I'm waiting for Jaebum hyung to pick me up." Youngjae smiles to himself.

His mother squeals and he hears a few shuffling noises before he hears his mother's voice again.

"Honey, Youngjae landed safely! He's waiting for Jaebum to pick him up. Do you want to say anything?"

Youngjae grins at his mother's eagerness.

"No need, just let him know I'm thankful he got there safe, I love him and to tell Jaebum I said hello." Youngjae smiles again at his father's words. Of course he's like that.

Youngjae knew all too well his father would get emotional talking to him again.

"Did you get that honey?" He hears his mother's sweet voice clearly again.

Youngjae nods, realising she can't see him, so he quickly answers yes.

"Anyway, I have to go make lunch, tell Jaebum I said hello too! Good luck sweetie, I hope you do well at university. And remember, don't do anything I wouldn't do." She says with a gentle, motherly laugh.

"Of course mom, love you, and thanks, I will." Youngjae giggles back. And then the phone is cut.

Youngjae's parents accompanied him all the way to the train station. The same one he farewelled Jaebum at a year ago.

It was emotional, and he didn't know when he'd come home to visit again. His parents were finally by themselves, all their children had moved out and they planned to live peaceful lives.

Youngjae smiles to himself for the umpteenth time that day, thinking of the endless tissues his mother went through the moment he boarded the train.

It reminded him of his high school graduation.

...

Only a month ago, he remembered getting ready for the dance that evening after his graduation ceremony. A sleek black tuxedo with a matching black tie. His hair gelled up, something new for a new him.

He felt a bit empty, only going with Jackson, Kunpimook and Yugyeom.

But alas, what could he do?

Jaebum was probably busy with his university work.

Youngjae sighed, and his ears perked up as a knock was heard at his front door.

He dashed down the stairs, ready to turn the knob, expecting a cheerful Yugyeom, a grinning Bambam and a slightly annoyed Jackson murmuring "hurry up kiddo."

But what he saw instead was beyond wonderful.

Jaebum.

Black suit, red tie, holding a rose. His hair done upwards.

He looked amazing.

Youngjae stood speechless, mouth gaping open.

He hadn't seen his boyfriend in almost a year.

"H-hyung.." He breathed out, tears welling in his eyes.

"Youngjae," He smiled softly, taking the younger's hand in his own. He pressed a soft kiss to it, before handing him the rose.

"I was a bit late for your ceremony, but at least you've got a date for your last school dance." He grinned a little wider.

Youngjae shakily took the rose, tears streaming down his face.

"Y-you're here- I- How-?" He croaked out, laughing and crying at the same time.

Jaebum pulled a tissue from his pocket and handed it to the other, pulling Youngjae in for a hug. 

"I stayed up late finishing a paper, and I had to rush to campus to hand it in early in the morning. I quickly packed some things and tried to get on the earliest flight I could. The amount of work I get is surreal Jae, but I wanted to be here with you more than anything." He smiled, wiping a few stray tears on Youngjae's face with his thumb.

"I- Really? Jaebum, I'm so h-happy. I can't believe you really came. You did this for me? Even though it caused you so much trouble— I-"

Youngjae's words were cut off with lips pressing against his own.

They shared a sweet kiss, and once they pulled away, Jaebum looked at him smiling. "I told you I wanted to do this. Don't worry, let's go Jae. Jackson and the others were in on this too." He grinned.

And that night was a beautiful one for the two of them.

Jaebum had to leave the next day, in the afternoon. Had some important classes he couldn't afford to miss.

But Youngjae was thankful that they slept in the same bed, cuddling, legs and arms intwined.

It felt like a dream.

...

Back to the present moment, Youngjae was currently sitting outside the airport in Seoul, on some fancy looking bench.

He sighs, staring down at his hands.

He'd be seeing Jaebum again.

The last tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter