The Book (3)

The Extra Ordinary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We never said we believe in you fully.” Kris eyed the man, still alerted. The man might be convincible enough but still they can’t that easily trust him.

“Fair enough.” The man smiled before he continued, “12 Extra Ordinary; 4 Carriers, 4 Manipulators, and 4 Controllers.” The man stated.

“Manipulation and Controller is just the opposite of each other. Manipulation tends to think before act while Controller tends to act before think.” The man paused before continued, “While Carriers are different. Carriers are both Manipulation and Controller. Carriers tend to think fast and act fast. That’s the reason why Carriers will be more easily targeted. Because once carrier is down, manipulation and controller will be easily attacked down as well.”

None voiced out a word as they kept listening to what the man was about to say.

“The 12 of you are chosen to be the Extra Ordinary or I called EXO for short. I believe the Book has revealed the purpose of your existence. Believe it or not, in this world, there are a lot of good and bad things happened. Ordinary people which we called human will never able to see it like EXO do.”

“See what?” MinSeok asked.

“Evils.” The man answered silence the whole room. “Yes, evil does exist. And that’s what’s coming for you since you put your hands on The Book.” The man looked at Suho this time. Everyone was surprised at the man knowledge about Suho who was first got The Book.

“How do you...”

Suho hasn’t finished his question when the man smiled. “Know?” The man sighed as he said again, “By this.” And within a second, the man in front of them has changed into someone older; someone they recognized as their teacher, Mr.Lee.

“Mr. Lee? You are Mr. Lee all this time?” Suho can’t believe what he saw.

“Yes. I am. After all, I was the one who hand you The Book, right?” Mr. Lee said before he turned back to himself. “Ah! I guess you now know what my ability is, huh?” The man chuckled softly before he continued, “I am The Shaping Chameleon. I can change to whoever I want to.”

“That is cool ability!” Jongdae exclaimed out of natural impression.

“Thanks! Yours not bad either, scorpion.” The man complimented Jongdae back before he turned back to serious mode. “Alright, back to evil problems. Evil comes from any shapes, so users, you need to really sharpen your senses anywhere you are. You would never know if evil could be just standing beside you right now. Well, usually Manipulation will never fail to notice with its sharp observation.”

“Will we really have to face evils to save the world, like the Book said?” Tao asked the man.

The man chuckled at Tao question, “Like I said, evils come in any shapes, everything evil can destroy the world; with the countless evils in this world, there’s no way you will be able to destroy them all, right?”

“Then, what do the Book wanted us to do then?” Sehun was impatiently asking.

The man sighed as he said, “What I mean to say is evils are everywhere; your abilities are like magnet to evils. You don’t need to run after them, they will come for you. And when they do, you will be prepared for it.”

“Why do it sounds like we’re sending ourselves up for evils?” Jongdae words definitely made the others rolled their eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter