The Book (1)

The Extra Ordinary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You’re okay, Ge?” Yi Xing approached his older brother who was sitting on the couch with the Book in his hand. “Did you find anything new in the Book?” He asked as he glanced at what his brother was reading.

“Expectedly no; nothing new.” Kris answered his brother as his hand kept flipping the Book. “It’s just weird. This Book is weird.”

Yi Xing looked at his brother confusedly, “Weird how?”

“I don’t know, Yi Xing. I just can’t explain it.” Kris said out desperately. He really didn’t know how to express something’s weird inside his heart about The Book. It’s like there’s a magnet that kept pulling The Book to him; he can feel that magnet, it’s like he’s connected to The Book somehow. But he himself doesn’t want it.

“Don’t think too much of it for now, alright?” Yi Xing understood how mixed his brother must be feeling at that moment. “Anyway, have you eaten dinner yet? Let’s get out for it. Will Luhan be back home soon?” He asked his brother.

“Yeah, he called me just before, saying he’s on his way home. I can call him to meet us up later for dinner.” Kris said to his brother, at the same time he felt his protested stomach.

“Alright. Let’s go change first.” Yi Xing suggested as the two brothers went to each other bedroom for change their clothes. And as usual, Yi Xing has always been the one who has to wait for his fashionable brother. But what surprised him was a stranger standing in the middle of their living room, about to reach for The Book that somehow flew itself away from the reach. “Hey! Who are you?” Yi Xing shouted at the stranger.

And somehow, in a blink of eye, the stranger has been positioned himself behind Yi Xing with the knife around his neck. “Move and I’ll slit your throat!” The stranger threatened Yi Xing before he continued to say. “Pick up The Book.” He ordered.

Yi Xing, has no strength to fight, just followed being dragged by the stranger towards The Book. Just as Yi Xing was about to take The Book, it flew away from his reach. The stranger smirked, “So, you’re not the one.” The stranger said behind Yi Xing. “Who is the keeper of The Book?” He asked Yi Xing.

Yi Xing didn’t say a word out. He’s definitely not going to answer the stranger question.

Unfortunately, just in time, Kris walked out his bedroom, “Alright Xing, let’s...” However, Kris stood in froze seeing his brother being held captive by a stranger with a knife around his neck. “Who the heck are you? Let him go!” He ordered angrily at the stranger.

The stranger smirked, “So, another one, huh? Pick up The Book!” He ordered Kris to pick The Book.

“Why should I?” Kris isn’t stupid. Everyone with eyes can see the bad intention from the stranger. “LET.HIM.GO!” Kris was started to get angry at the thought of his brother hurting.

“Pick up The Book and give it to me, NOW!” The stranger ordered Kris to and started to press the knife harder around Yi Xing knife.

No matter how Kris didn’t want to do what the stranger wanted, however he couldn’t just stand still seeing his brother get hurt. Angrily, he reached out for The Book which didn’t fly away from his hand. The stranger smirked winningly as he said, “Ah! So you’re the Keeper.” The stranger smiled, “Now, give it to me!”

“NO! Ge, no!” Yi Xing ordered his brother not to give The Book away to the stranger.

“Shut up!” The stranger hurt Yi Xing before he turned to Kris, “Give me The Book or I’ll kill him.” He threatened with the knife that pressed harder on Yi Xing throat.

Kris was in dilemma. What should he do? However, slowly he walked closer to the stranger and about to hand The Book to the stranger when the door opened. Luhan was standing in front of the door with wide eyes. Without thinking, the first he did when he noticed the knife around Yi Xing, he threw the knife away with his mind.

Taking the chance, Kris immediately handed The Book to Yi Xing and grabbed his brother away from the stranger. Without waiting for seconds, Kris was about to punch the stranger but in a blink of eyes, the stranger disappeared from his sight.

ARGH!

Kris didn’t expect the stranger blinked behind him and stabbed him with the knife from behind.

“NO! YI FAN!” Luhan was angry when he saw his boyfriend being stabbed. In rage, he just threw everything he can with mind towards the stranger. How dare the stranger hurt his boyfriend; none is allowed to hurt his boyfriend. NONE!

With everything thrown a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter