Chapter 8

You Make My Life Colorful

Jungkook woke up, after only 3 hours of sleep, and immediately regretted his decision. He didn't want to have to face J-Hope at school. He tried to come up with a game plan for his school day. Maybe if I don't talk to any of them today, everything will turn out better tomorrow. That won't work, we have music class, and they'll just talk to me even more tomorrow. Maybe I can I'll just avoid J-Hope and Taehyung, then take this as an opportunity to get to know the rest of the hyungs better. And in music class, when I'm forced to talk to J-Hope and Taehyung...then what? I'll just not talk as much, like before. That'll do. 

Jungkook got up, brushed his teeth, and got changed into new clothes for the day. He was walking over to Taehyung's room to wake him up, when Baekhyun walked into the bedroom with a pillow. Jungkook stepped inside, and saw Baekhyun smack him with the pillow. Taehyung jolted awake suddenly, then looked over at Jungkook with a bright smile.

"Good morning, Kookie!" Taehyung exclaimed in a raspy, tired voice.

"Good morning hyung, and Baekhyun."

"Oh, you're already ready for school. Just wait for me, we can go in about 20 minutes."

"Where are your parents?"

"It's their anniversary, so they're on a trip to Jeju Island. They'll be back in 2 days," Baekhyun said calmly.

20 minutes later, the three boys were out the door. Baekhyun drove them to school, and dropped them off at the curb, waving goodbye to Jungkook, and scowling at Taehyung. Taehyung rolled his eyes as he exited the car. They walked over to the group, who greeted them cheerfully, all except for J-Hope who simply waved. Jungkook looked at Taehyung nervously. Taehyung smiled brightly and ruffled his hair. Taehyung sat next to a grumpy J-Hope, and Jungkook took a seat next to Jimin, who just happened to be at the other end of table. 

Taehyung whispered into J-Hope's ear, "Hyung, we need to go talk about something."

J-Hope nodded with a stoic expression, "Okay." He looked at the group with a phony smile. "We'll be back soon!"

Jin looked at the couple with a confused look on his face. "Is everything okay with those two? They usually just get up and leave."

The group looked at an overly nervous Jungkook. "Are they fighting?" Jimin asked.

"W-why are you asking me?" Jungkook asked innocently, trying to fake happiness.

"1) You're not a great actor, we can tell something is wrong, and 2) You were the only one with them last night," Namjoon stated matter-of-factly.

"I think J-Hope hyung might be mad at me. Taehyung was touching my cheeks and hair, then J-Hope just started yelling at us and left," Jungkook said while looking down, ashamed. "It's all my fault."

Jimin gasped, then there was a silent pause until Suga removed an earbud and said, "Dayum."

Jin walked over to Jungkook and gave him a long hug. "Don't say that, Jungkook. You didn't do anything on purpose," Jin said reassuringly. 

Jungkook nodded and sighed sadly. Jin released him from the hug, and Jimin came next to Jungkook and cupped both of his cheeks playfully. "J-Hope is just a bit jealous, that's all. Everything will be okay in the end, it always is!" Jimin said cheerfully. Jimin glared at Suga, "Min Yoongi, come here and help cheer up Jungkook."

Suga sighed, then walked over and took out both of his earbuds. He awkwardly patted the top of Jungkook's head, since it was much higher than his own. "J-Hope can't be that mad, you've only been here for a day. He wouldn't do anything too mean on purpose, he's a good person."

Jungkook nodded. He knew J-Hope was a good person, but he acted so cold towards him the night before, it was a little hard to believe. "I know, but J-Hope hyung yelled at me and Taehyung after he patted my head. Then, Taehyung offered for me to stay over, and he and J-Hope were texting, and J-Hope said he didn't want to join us unless it just them two. After, J-Hope called and Taehyung put it on speaker phone, and J-Hope was trying to set ground rules for us, and he sounded really upset. I know hyung is really nice, but he was so cold towards me, it just hurt my feelings I guess," Jungkook shrugged.

Namjoon stood up and said, "Well, Taehyung is talking to him right now. I'm sure everything will be okay when they come back."


~.~.~.~.~

 

Meanwhile, unlike the rest of the group assumed, things were not okay. Taehyung, who was trying to defend Jungkook, was growing more agitated by the second, and J-Hope wasn't much better. Unlike their usual civilized discussion, they were in a heated argument.

"Hyung, you need to apologize to Jungkook right now. You made him cry, and he got barely any sleep last night!"

"Well, maybe that will teach him a lesson to not touch things that aren't his."

"Are you hearing yourself right now?! You just hurt one of your friends, on their first day!"

"Well, maybe you should think about the consequences before you go touching someone else! And might I add, right in front of me! Your boyfriend!"

"I don't know what's happened to you. You're usually okay with me having other guy friends, but the second Jungkook shows up, you go ballistic! He's not going to hurt our relationship in any way!"

"He already is!"

Taehyung's jaw dropped, but he recollected himself quickly, "Maybe for you, but not for me." J-Hope's eyebrows arched in anger at that comment, but Taehyung continued, "He saw your texts and he heard the phone call last night. He's really sad. I had to let him cry into my shoulder because of you."

J-Hope was taken aback, "Why did you let him see the texts and listen to the call?! That's our private conversation! Why did you let him cry into your shoulder?! You don't let any of your friends do that! It's only been me! And that's how it should stay, only me!" J-Hope shouted, his cheeks a dark gray, and his finger pointed back at his own chest.

"How many times do I have to tell you?!" Taehyung shouted right back. "Jungkook isn't a threat! He's nothing but a friend to me!" He glared into J-Hope's face of disbelief and stormed back towards the group. 

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

The five boys saw Taehyung walking back and sighed in relief. However, the feeling didn't last long. They saw the darkness in Taehyung's cheeks and the frustration in his eyes. No one dared to ask about J-Hope. They saw the other boy in the distance, his mouth slightly open and his eyes wide, but his eyebrows soon turned to arches and he clenched his teeth and walked away in the opposite direction. 

Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's wrist and started walking away from the group without a word, his cheeks and ears fuming and tears burning his eyes. "Let's go, Kookie," Taehyung said firmly with a deep growl.

"Is everything okay? Is J-Hope hyung still angry at me?" Jungkook asked hopefully, but not expecting much of a good answer. 

"I don't want to talk about it."

"It's okay, hyung. You can tell me-"

Taehyung whipped his head around, "I said I don't want to talk about it, Jungkook!"

Jungkook immediately looked down at the ground and let himself be dragged around by Taehyung. Tears started rolling down his cheeks, and he did his best to wipe away his tears without making a noise. Taehyung turned around and saw Jungkook crying. He mentally cursed himself for causing the younger to cry, and he roughly pulled Jungkook in for a hug. Jungkook quickly hugged back tightly and quietly sobbed into Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung let his own tears run down silently, for he didn't want Jungkook to hear him crying. 

"I'm sorry, hyung," Jungkook whispered.

"I'm sorry, too," Taehyung whispered back.

 


~.~.~.~.~

 

"I said I don't want to talk about it, Jungkook!"

The group watched the scene unfold in front of them. They all looked at each other sadly. Finally, Suga broke the silence, "Honestly, I can't blame J-Hope. Taehyung is really touchy to Jungkook. I would be pretty upset if my boyfriend did that to someone else. He even gave Jungkook his own nickname and everything."

Jimin, Jin, and Namjoon nodded in agreement. Namjoon then said, "But J-Hope hyung shouldn't yell at Taehyung like that. It was just a misunderstanding, he's overreacting."

"I feel really bad for Jungkook. He's in the middle of all this, and he thinks it's all his fault," Jin said sympathetically. "He thinks their relationship is crumbling because of him."

"Yah! Don't say that! J-Hope and Taehyung are everlasting! They most definitely won't break up because of this! They just can't!" Jimin squealed frantically.

"I don't know Jiminie," Suga sighed. Jin and Namjoon's eyebrows raised at the nickname, but they chose not to say anything for the time being. Suga continued, "We've seen them argue before, but it's never gotten this bad." 

All except Namjoon nodded. "What's it usually like when they argue?" Namjoon asked; he's never seen J-Hope and Taehyung argue before.

"Well first, it's really rare," Suga said, a finger pointed up.

"Also, it's really hard to tell. We usually just get a feeling, and we're always right," Jimin explained.

"I've seen them talk things out, from afar of course. They never argue in front of us. Usually, they just sit at another table, have a calm discussion about whatever's going on, then come back happy as ever," Jin said, biting his lip.

"Well, in that case, we should talk to J-Hope hyung. He's probably really hurt, too," Namjoon suggested. 

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

J-Hope heard people running behind him, and turned around to see Jin, Jimin, Suga, and Namjoon sprinting towards him. Oh, I am not dealing with this right now. He angrily continued walking towards his next class, but he was soon wrapped in a group hug. Unlike what he thought, the group was sympathetic towards him instead of angry. J-Hope reluctantly hugged back, tears b at his eyes. 

"Everything's going to be okay, hyung," Jimin said, pouting.

"We'll see, Jimin," J-Hope breathed out. "Are you guys mad at me?" They all shook their heads, much to J-Hope's relief. "Then are you mad at Taehyung?" They shook their heads again. 

They stayed like this for a while, until Suga broke the hug. "Well, what's gonna happen now?"

J-Hope shrugged, "I don't know. I think we just shouldn't talk for the next few days."

The rest of the group nodded sadly. They didn't pick sides, and instead just wanted their group to be peaceful and happy like before. They wanted things resolved as quickly as possible, but they were willing to wait for however long it would take.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Taehyung watched in anger from the distance. I can't believe they're siding with him! Jungkook told them everything that happened, and they still think that he's the right one in this situation? He hurt both me and Kookie! Jungkook's eyes watched both the group and Taehyung nervously. He noticed the older's deadly glare; how it looked as sharp as a dagger, and the crystalline tears that delicately lined his eyes. Although Jungkook did feel bad for Taehyung, he couldn't help but feel scared and unsafe.

"Hyung? We're still going to hang out with the group today, right?"

"I don't know."

"Can we?" Jungkook asked hopefully.

"Only if you really want to. They're siding with J-Hope, so they might not let me sit with them."

"How do you know they're siding with J-Hope hyung? You didn't give them a chance to talk things out with you. You just grabbed me and left. Of course, they're going to console J-Hope hyung! This is probably you're first real fight, and you just expect them to leave J-Hope hyung to suffer?" 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook confused, "J-Hope hyung hurt you. What he did was wrong, of course, they would leave him!"

"Hyung, do you understand what I'm trying to say?!" Jungkook asked, trying his best to defend J-Hope. Taehyung's eyes widened, surprised at Jungkook's sudden outburst. Jungkook continued, "It doesn't matter what J-Hope did, he's still our friend. They're going to comfort him as much as he needs. Yeah, it was kind of mean when he yelled at us yesterday, but he had a good reason. But you just came to school and started yelling at him. So of course he's going to be angry!" Taehyung looked down as Jungkook lectured him. Jungkook's tone softened when he noticed Taehyung's eyes slightly drooping. "Hyung, J-Hope is still your boyfriend, you shouldn't treat him like that," Jungkook said gently.

"Hyung probably doesn't want to talk to me. I'll wait for a few days before I apologize," Taehyung said softly.

Jungkook smiled at Taehyung's plan. But he quickly remembered something. "Hyung, what are we going to do during music?" 

"I don't know, we'll just have to see."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

This was the time Jungkook was dreading the most, music class. The only time in the day where he, Taehyung, and J-Hope were forced to stay in the same area for at least an hour. Before class, Jungkook (because he was Jungkook) was panicking about every little thing that could go wrong during the lesson. Should I sit between them, or should I let J-Hope hyung sit between me and Taehyung? I should probably sit between them so they don't fight, but J-Hope hyung might get angry and think that I'm trying to steal Taehyung hyung away. What if we have to work on the song? Should I do all of the talking, or should I just keep quiet? I could ask the other hyungs for help, but I would have to go around either J-Hope or Taehyung hyung, and it would be obvious that I'm nervous.

Before he knew it, class was starting. J-Hope and Taehyung left an empty space in between them for Jungkook, much to Jungkook's relief. Oh good, the hyungs already made a decision for me. The class sat down and took out their notebooks, and Jungkook followed. Much to the group's relief, it was just an ordinary lesson. I'm really lucky, I hope it stays this way. 

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"You sure you want to eat with them?" Taehyung asked hesitantly.

Jungkook nodded in response, "Just because you and J-Hope hyung are fighting doesn't mean you should neglect the others."

"Aish, fine," Taehyung sighed.

They arrived at the table and were greeted with wide eyes and blank stares. Jungkook sat next to J-Hope, much to Taehyung's surprise. Taehyung, sat on the other end of the table next to Namjoon. The rest of the group struggled to talk to each other like normal.

"So...," Namjoon started. "Jimin, what are you guys writing your song about?"

"Suga hyung and I are writing our song about a lonely city, right hyung?" Jimin turned the awkward conversation to Suga, which was a big mistake.

"Yeah," Suga nodded. He noticed the tense atmosphere and decided to end it. "Should we try to talk, or should we just eat? I mean the conversation's dying before it even started," Suga said bluntly.

Namjoon facepalmed at Suga, and the rest just nodded submissively. It's wasn't like they could just pretend things were okay and normal, because they weren't. They ate in silence, and actually finished their food for once which almost never happened since they usually spent most of the time talking happily instead of eating. Jungkook looked up at the rest of the hyungs. I wonder what it's usually like. These guys probably talk a lot, and it's probably a lot happier. 

They all finished food before the bell rang, and just sat awkwardly. Jimin whispered something in Suga's ear, and Jin and Namjoon perked up. That day they noticed lots of strange things happening between Jimin and Suga. 'Earlier today Suga said that he would be angry if his boyfriend gave someone else a special nickname, then he called Jimin Jiminie. Let's test this' Jin thought. He exchanged a knowing glance with Namjoon, who gave him a small nod.

"So, Jiminie," Jin called. "Are you doing anything after school?" 

Jimin and Suga looked up strangely at Jin. Jimin spoke, "Jin hyung, why are you calling me Jiminie?"

"Well, why not?" Jin asked cautiously and Namjoon chuckled in amusement.

"Um, I guess you can call me that. It's just that only Suga hyung calls me that," Jimin answered and Suga nodded in agreement.

Even Taehyung and J-Hope noticed something was strange. Namjoon asked, "Really? But earlier, didn't you say it was a big deal if people have specialized nicknames for each other?"

"Yeah," Suga shrugged. "But Jimin's my best friend, so, of course, I would have a special nickname for him."

"Are you sure you're just best friends?" Jin asked.

"Um, yes," Suga said. "Jiminie, tell them we're just friends." Jin and Namjoon's mouths opened slightly and their eyebrows raised.

"Me and Suga hyung are just best friends, we promise!" Jimin said defensively.

"Okay~" Jin sing-songed.

"Why are you accusing us of dating?" Suga asked. "Namjoon was the one that bought you a Mario pillow yesterday!" Suga retorted, pointing at Jin. The entire group burst out in laughter and stared at Jin and Namjoon anticipating their answers.

Jin's eyes widened and his cheeks darkened in embarrassment. Instead of defending Jin, however, Namjoon joined in on the fun. "Hyung, are your cheeks blushing red?"

The rest of the group gave them blank stares and Jin glared at Namjoon, who was the only one laughing. He quickly realized that Jin was the only one to understand the joke; Taehyung and J-Hope were the only other people that have seen in color, but they never used color to describe feeling. It was Jimin and Suga's turn to laugh at the two. Soon, the entire group was laughing (even J-Hope and Taehyung) as if the fight never happened. Jungkook observed in amazement. This is probably what it's always like. They're such close friends that even in a serious situation like this, they manage to all laugh together. Maybe things won't be so bad after all.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Taehyung let Jungkook come to his house after school again, and his assumption was far from correct. Taehyung spent the whole time ranting to Jungkook about J-Hope, despite their pep-talk from the morning.

"He had the nerve to say that was wrong! HE'S JUST SO...UGH!" Taehyung said, waving his hands around when he couldn't find words to describe his anger.

"You're really angry about this aren't you?" Jungkook asked, slightly annoyed.

"Of course! He's being jealous for no reason!"

"Hyung, it's okay. You really don't need to be angry, I don't really care about it anymore, and you're stressing yourself out over this," Jungkook breathed, exasperated. 

"Jungkook, you don't understand. How do I know that he's not going to jealous ever again?"

Jungkook gave a dramatic sigh and tipped his head back. Much to his relief, the door opened and Baekhyun was home. Jungkook quickly ran over and threw his arms around the so-called 'savior'.

"Thank goodness you're back, Baekhyun. Taehyung is killing me," Jungkook droned, causing Taehyung to make a face at him.

Baekhyun chuckled and shook Jungkook off. "See what I have to deal with every day?" Jungkook giggled in response. Baekhyun looked at Taehyung and saw that he was genuinely pissed. "Okay...what happened this time?"

Jungkook's eyes widened in panic, "NO! He's going to start ranting again!"

But it was too late. Taehyung opened his mouth and unleashed hell on his brother and Jungkook. "FIRST, I say calm as ever 'Hyung, we need to talk about something,'" Taehyung said, imitating himself. "THEN, he just started yelling at me! So, of course, I yelled back." He continued reenacting the entire conversation in full detail, forcing Jungkook to suffer. Taehyung continued, standing and passionately continued his rant, "He dared to say that was wrong!"

Before he could continue, Baekhyun interrupted him, "Woah. Okay, first, you need to calm down and stop giving Jungkook a living hell. Just listen to me, okay. Sure, Hoseok is wrong, but he's not completely to blame. I highly doubt he's as bad as you say. Jungkook, can you please tell me what's going on?"

Jungkook nodded. "Okay, just to make things clear, I wasn't there when Taehyung and J-Hope hyung were arguing, so I can't tell you that part. Anyway, after you dropped us off, we went to the group and J-Hope and Taehyung went somewhere else to sort things out, but apparently that didn't work out well. While they were doing their thing, the group was, of course, curious about what happened. So I told them about what happened yesterday, in moderation," Jungkook stressed, looking at Taehyung. "Taehyung came stomping back, his cheeks all dark and scary. The group was going to comfort him, but he just grabbed my wrist and started stomping away before they could say anything. He was really, really angry, and when I tried to ask him what happened, he got upset and yelled at me.  Then, we saw the group go to comfort J-Hope hyung, and Taehyung hyung got angry because he thought they were siding with him, when in reality, they were just trying to comfort him. So I gave Taehyung hyung a pep-talk, and he calmed down temporarily. It was pretty bad; they wouldn't sit next to each other for the rest of the day. Things got a little better at lunch. We were all talking and laughing like normal, and I thought things were getting better. But apparently, they aren't," Jungkook finished, glancing at a pouting Taehyung. 

"Thank you," Baekhyun said to Jungkook. "Taehyung, I know you're really angry, but you shouldn't take it out on Jungkook or the rest of your friends. Just take the next few days to calm down, and when you're ready, apologize to Hoseok."

Taehyung nodded, "Okay. Thanks, hyung." Baekhyun patted Taehyung's back and went to his room.

"Baekhyun is a really good brother, you're lucky."

"He's usually not like this. I guess he has a soft spot for you," Taehyung giggled.

"I heard that!" Baekhyun shouted from his room.

Jungkook and Taehyung started laughing loudly. Maybe things will get better, but I can't get my hopes up this time.

 


 

*whispering* I'm so sorry... This chapter felt kinda angsty even for me. Sorry for taking so long to update, this took multiple days to write and proofread, and I've been a bit busy. And sorry if the plot is kinda rocky, as in so much happening in just a few days in the story (yes, I've noticed).

Also, just some bonus info for this chapter:

1) V's parents being gone for their anniversary has nothing to do with the actual plot of the story. I just found it weird that they weren't really present and I wanted to write up a little explanation for that.

2) The lunch scene where they're kinda shipping each other was just to lighten the mood, cause I thought that this chapter's mood was kinda scary. But as of now, no one has really developed (or noticed) their romantic feelings for each other yet (even though it's been like 8 chapters already :P)

I hope that clears things up!

Thanks for reading and/or subscribing, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

Love you!

Kilotons