Vocals

You Make My Life Colorful

"Hyung, that note is too high for me!" Jimin whined.

Jimin and Suga were recording their song for the music project, and Suga was restraining himself from choking Jimin. Jimin's whines and complaints filled the studio and were heard more than Jimin's actual singing.

Suga scrunched up his nose, "Jiminie, I wrote this part for you because I know you're perfectly capable of singing it. You just have to push yourself a little more."

"But it's hard doing it with you here," Jimin pouted.

 "I'm not going to judge you, I know that you can sing really well," Suga reassured. However, Jimin wouldn't let up. "Fine. I'll leave the room so you can record yourself."

Suga walked out of the room and closed the door, but kept his ear pressed against the door to listen. He smirked when he heard Jimin sigh in defeat and closed his eyes when he heard Jimin's heavenly voice singing the line multiple times trying to nail the high note. After a few attempts, he belted the note perfectly. Suga almost fell down when Jimin opened the door.

"I'm done, wanna listen?" Jimin asked.

Suga nodded and walked into the room and put on his headphones. He chuckled to himself as he heard Jimin's efforts on the line. Suga took off his headphones and smiled, "It's good. I like it."

Jimin gasped, "That's it?" He then cupped Suga's cheeks and squished them, "Do you know how many times I had to sing that line?! It's drilled into my brain now, Min Yoongi!"

Suga laughed and removed Jimin's hands from his face, "Okay, okay. We'll do whatever you want tonight, as your reward for singing."

Jimin crossed his arms sassily, "Thank you." Then his face lit up, "There's this movie that's showing tonight, and I really want to see it. But I'm also really broke, so you're gonna have to pay for it."

Suga's jaw dropped, "What."

Jimin pouted cutely, "Please! You said anything I wanted!"

"I thought you wanted boba or something, that's less than 10,000 won. But movie tickets?! Those are expensive!"

Jimin sulked, "Fine. We don't have to."

Suga sighed in defeat, sensing Jimin's genuine sadness and feeling guilty, "It's okay, we'll go."

Jimin lit up once again and hugged Suga. Suga's eyes widened and his heart beat quickened. He awkwardly patted Jimin's back, his cheeks burning. Jimin pulled away, beaming. Suga thought, We've hugged before, why was this any different? 

Jimin chirped, "Let's go!"

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Jimin and Suga arrived at the movie theater. The plaza was lit up with bright, white light from all of the signs hanging from nearby shops and restaurants; the area was relatively quiet, though, and was only occupied by a handful of people. Jimin clutched onto Suga's hand, skipping excitedly.

"We're going to see a movie~" Jimin sang happily.

Suga hesitantly held Jimin's hands and his cheeks were blushing uncontrollably. However, Jimin was too excited to notice. 

Suga asked, "What's the movie about?"

"It's a romance movie," Jimin giggled, knowing that Suga would hate it.

Suga groaned in response. "Really?!"

Jimin sighed and shushed Suga as they walked up to the building and bought their tickets. "The Notebook?! I can't believe they still show this. Jiminie, you better not be crying by the end of it."

Jimin smiled wider, "I can't make any promises, hyung."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Jimin leaned into Suga comfortably for the duration of the movie, and Suga wrapped his left arm around Jimin and toyed with his hair as the film played. In the middle of the movie, Jimin's eyes were already glistening with tears. 

"Are you okay?" Suga whispered, trying not to disturb the other people in the auditorium. 

Jimin nodded, sniffling and he buried his face into Suga's chest. Suga rubbed Jimin's side comfortingly, chuckling to himself. 

By the end of the movie, Jimin was sobbing and portions of Suga's shirt were wet. They walked out of the theater, ignoring all the stares from people looking at a weeping Jimin. They continued on their way outside and stopped in front of the theater. Tears were gently trickling down Jimin's face and Suga caught Jimin's infectious sadness. 

Suga sighed and wrapped Jimin in a tight hug and placed his chin on Jimin's shoulder. Jimin's cries grew noticeably softer, much to Suga's relief. Jimin buried his face into the crook of Suga's neck, sending Suga's heart into hyperdrive.

Suga the top of Jimin's head caringly, "It's okay, it's just a movie."

Jimin nodded into Suga's neck. Suga felt his heart skip a beat and he didn't know why.  What the hell, what the hell, what the hell. Why is this happening, Jimin is just my friend? Something whispered back in his mind. But what if you like him? Crap. Crapcrapcrapcrapcra-

"Thanks for coming, hyung."

Suga snapped back to reality. He looked at Jimin, who was still in his arms and no longer sad. He smiled softly, despite the worry that was building up inside of him, "Of course, Jiminie."

Jimin furrowed his brows, "Did I sing okay earlier?"

"Of course," Suga repeated. "Why do you ask?"

Jimin whispered shyly, "I don't feel like I did well enough."

Suga held him tighter, "Your voice is perfect. It's my favorite thing to hear every day."

Jimin smiled, "You're so cheesy, hyung."

"You asked!" Suga said in defense. Suga could feel the color creeping into his vision and, quite frankly, he didn't mind. Jimin looked beautiful like this.

 "I know," Jimin giggled. He stepped away from the long hug, "We should go now."

Suga nodded in agreement.

They walked to the car side-by-side. Jimin rested his head on the glove compartment, facing Suga. If Jimin were, to be honest, Suga looked pretty cool when he was driving. The street lamps cast the perfect shadows across his face and his concentrated yet calm gaze on the road was almost alluring. Suga smirked when he caught Jimin looking at him in a daze. He had the slightest feeling that maybe Jimin liked him back.

"Are you done staring?"

Jimin smiled back, "No."

Suga's face flushed at the unexpected response and he turned his eyes back on the road, his eyes nervous and vulnerable. They arrived at Jimin's house shortly after.

"Bye, Jimin-" Suga was interrupted when Jimin swiftly pecked his lips. 

The color exploded in both of the boys' eyes for a split second, as if they were locked in a dark room and the lights flickered suddenly. Suga looked at Jimin with shock written across his face. Suga was definitely surprised about the short kiss, but he was more surprised that he didn't hate the sensation. In fact, he was craving it. He fought the urge to reach out for Jimin and let him exit the car.

Jimin giggled cutely as he watched Suga's reaction. His heart was beating like crazy, but he couldn't help but feel like it was a success.

"Bye, hyung," Jimin said with a slightly teasing tone.

Suga waved slightly in a daze and mouthed, "Bye, Jimin," though no sound came out.

Jimin turned around and entered his house, pumping his fist with happiness and triumph.

Suga sat still in his car, his head unable to form coherent thoughts. He blinked a few times and slowly brought his right hand up to his lips, his sense and sanity returning to his mind steadily. Without thinking, he reached for his phone and dialed Namjoon.

His words came out in stutters and were rushed, "N-Namjoon, I-I-I need help, I don't know what to do-"

"Wait, slow down."

Suga sputtered, "Jimin just kissed me, I like him, and I don't know what to do, Namjoon!"

"Wait, WHAT?!" Suga couldn't tell if Namjoon was happy or surprised. "Tell me everything, hyung."

 


 

Yay! Another late chapter by the world's worst author! *throws confetti* Thanks for all of your birthday wishes! I have the best readers in the world ♡(^▽^)♡ Also, I've decided to include a bonus chapter for you guys, since I love you so much ^ . ^ I don't know what I've done to deserve you guys.

And yeah, Suga was on the other line of the phone call. So don't worry, no one's dying kekeke.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this (short -.(\ ) chapter! See you next chapter!

Love you!

Kilotons