Officially Unofficial

You Make My Life Colorful

It was a particularly lazy Sunday, much like all the other Sundays. But this Sunday also happened to be the day before the Music Project was due. The seven were at the local tea shop discussing their excitement for the next day. 

"I'm really proud of the song. Jiminie did so well," Suga cooed, the back of Jimin's head lovingly.

Jimin blushed and covered his face bashfully, "Hyung, I didn't do that well. My voice isn't strong enough for what you wanted."

Suga shushed him and pressed a kiss to Jimin's forehead, "You did perfectly fine." Suga cocked his head toward J-Hope, Taehyung, and Jungkook, "How's yours going? You guys never talked about it."

J-Hope beamed, "I'm pretty happy with it. I mean, we finished a bit later than we thought we would but it's still done before the due date, so that's all that matters!" He turned his head to Jungkook and Taehyung, "Are you two happy with it?"

Jungkook nodded and smiled, showing off his bunny-like teeth, "I heard Taetae-hyung's voice for the first time. It's really good, hyung."

Taehyung smiled and ruffled Jungkook's hair, "Thank you, Kookie. I like your voice, too."

Taehyung blushed to himself. I like you, too.

J-Hope smiled to himself. Why can't these two just be together already? They're already so obvious. Namjoon and Jin exchanged knowing glances, Jimin watched the two youngest with a happily dazed expression. Suga, however, chose to break the pleasant silence, "Why don't you two just date? It's so obvious that you two like each other, so just," Suga finished by clapping his hands together. 

Jungkook and Taehyung blushed and looked side-to-side, trying to avoid eye contact with the others. One question remained in Taehyung's mind.

What are we?

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Hyung, I'm scared," Jimin pouted cutely.

"What are you scared of?" Suga asked.

The two were on the couch, cuddled up against each other with another with another cheesy romcom playing on the TV. Jimin still had some tea left over from a few hours earlier. Suga on the straw, much to Jimin's dismay. But he didn't complain.

"My voice isn't good enough. I don't want to share it with the class."

Suga sighed, "How many times do I have to tell you?" Suga hugged Jimin closer to his chest, "Your voice is perfect. It's my favorite thing to hear every day."

Jimin smiled and nuzzled Suga's neck, peppering soft kisses over the surface. He giggled, "Is this how you were with all your other partners?"

Suga blushed, "No."

"No?"

"You're my first, Jiminie."

Jimin's face lit up, "Really?"

Suga nodded hesitantly, embarrassed. Jimin smiled widely and wrapped his arms around Suga's neck, his smile so bright that it nearly blinded Suga once again. Suga couldn't hold back the grin on his face when Jimin pressed his lips against Suga's. Suga always loved it when Jimin initiated skinship. His lips were unbelievably soft compared to Suga's slightly chapped ones. He loved it when Jimin would giggle against his mouth whenever Suga was overcoming the initial shock from Jimin kissing him. He loved it when Jimin slightly whined when Suga tugged on his hair. Suga was slightly disappointed when he felt Jimin pull away and frowned. Jimin giggled again and was immediately forgiven. 

"You really like it when I kiss you, hm?" Jimin asked cutely.

Suga nodded, "Of course. Why wouldn't I? You're perfect."

Jimin blushed and buried his face into the crook of Suga's neck, "Hyung~ stop gushing."

Suga smirked to himself, "As long as you're mine, I'll never stop gushing."

 

~.~.~.~.~
 

From: J-Hope hyung
Tae, did u 2 talk things out?

Jungkook was over at Taehyung's for the first time since their kiss. And, to answer J-Hope's question, they haven't been spending as much time talking as they have been making out. When Taehyung's phone screen brightened and buzzed, Jungkook moved down to Taehyung's neck, allowing him to answer. 

From: Tae
We haven't been talking much...we've been doing other things...?

From: J-Hope hyung
Woah, ok
I didn't expect things to be moving this quickly but congrats ^.^
I'll leave u 2 alone, then

From: Tae
NONONO NOT LIKE THAT WTF HYUNG

From: J-Hope hyung
If u say so ;)

From: Tae
-.-

Jungkook tugged Taehyung's hair roughly and hoarsely whispered, "Hyung, put that away. You're supposed to be paying attention to me."

Jungkook lifted his head away from Taehyung's neck, his lips red and swollen. Taehyung chuckled softly, "Someone's really dominant today."

Taehyung cupped Jungkook's jaw and pressed their foreheads together, both pairs of eyes closed. A small smirk flickered across Jungkook's face at Taehyung's comment. He loved the effect he had on Taehyung. The slightest touches could make the older freeze up completely and the smallest pecks could reduce Taehyung to a blushing, dysfunctional mess. 

"I can't be dominant?" Jungkook growled.

Taehyung giggled at the younger's boldness, how he was acting all high and mighty, "I'm not complaining." Suddenly, Taehyung grew serious, "Kookie?"

"Yes?"

Hesitantly, Taehyung asked the question that had burning inside him all day, "What are we?"

Jungkook's eyes shot open and he found that Taehyung was already staring at him intently. "What do you want us to be?" Jungkook asked back.

"Boyfriends," Taehyung answered, blushing. He added, "But I don't think we're quite there yet." When he saw Jungkook's confused expression, he continued, "I mean, we do a lot of boyfriend-ish things but boyfriends seems a bit...much."

Jungkook nodded, "I think so, too. So, I guess we're...officially unofficial?"

Taehyung nodded back, smiling, "Yeah, that sounds right. Officially unofficial."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

The day had come where the students were to present their songs to the class. Similar to the first day of the music class, the students were buzzing with excitement. Namjoon and Suga, in particular, were heavily anticipating their turns. Ironically, both Jin and Jimin were dreading those 3-4 minutes in front of the class, worried that their vocals weren't good enough. 

"My voice didn't come out like usual. I kept asking Suga-hyung if we could record again but he insisted that we keep it. If I didn't like him so much, I probably would've smacked him," Jimin told Jin, who nodded in understanding.

"At least your voice is good most of the time. I hate my voice," Jin sighed.

Namjoon scoffed when he overheard their conversation, "Hyung, your voice is perfectly fine. Stop complaining."

Suga also joined in, "And there is no way in hell that you're smacking me." But because he was Suga, he added with a suggestive wink, "Unless you ask nicely."

Jimin contorted his face, "Hyung! You're so..." Jimin flailed his hands around when he couldn't find the correct words.

"Amazing? Jaw-droppingly hot? Just all around perfect? Yeah, I know," Suga smirked, earning a playful slap on the shoulder from a furiously blushing Jimin.

For the umpteenth time, Namjoon grimaced at the two while Jin smiled.

As their classmates played each of their songs, the group waited patiently for their turns and mentally criticizing each one. While some were pretty good, most of the songs were mediocre with lackluster, tacky lyrics. The boys whispered amongst themselves, making sure to keep their voices low, and compared their own songs to their classmates'.   

Finally, it was Namjoon and Jin's turn. When their names were called, Namjoon beamed and unhesitantly pressed play while Jin turned unbelievably pale and his breathing became uneven. His voice was soon projected across the room and he felt a sudden desire to dig a hole into the ground and stay there for the rest of eternity. Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung turned to Jin and awed at his sweet and gentle vocals. Fortunately for Jin, Namjoon's rapping portion came soon after and Jin took a deep breath of relief. Jin meekly looked around and saw the classmates with their eyes glazed over and lips parted in amazement and slight intimidation. The end of the song came near and they were immediately met with applause from the class.

After a few more songs from the now hesitant classmates, J-Hope, Taehyung, and Jungkook's turn came. The song fit the always happy trio's personalities surprisingly well and the lyrics matched their level of energy. The contrast between Taehyung's deep and soulful voice and Jungkook's higher-pitched and honey-like one was perfect and seemed to walk with each other perfectly. When J-Hope's rapping parts came, he lip-synced the lines and made highly exaggerated hand gestures, squeezing laughter from his fellow classmates. After the song ended, the atmosphere in the room was noticeably lighter.

Suga and Jimin's names weren't called for a long time. Jimin began to grow anxious. Why aren't we being called on? What if we forgot to turn it in? We've worked so hard on it, why won't he play it? Jimin leaned to whisper to Suga, "Hyung, you turned the song in, right?"

Suga noticed the shakiness in Jimin's voice and teased, "What? I thought you turned it in."

Jimin's eyes grew unbelievably large and his jaw dropped, "You said you would do it!" Undecipherable murmurs left Jimin's voice as his eyes lost their usual twinkle.

Suga snickered at Jimin, "You're so gullible, Jiminie. Of course, I turned it in. I did it, like, a week ago."

Jimin gawked at Suga and looked ready to murder him, "Hyung, I just want you to know that if I didn't like you so much, I would've probably killed you already. Be thankful that you're so charming."

Suga smirked and slung his arm around Jimin's shoulder. After everyone else had gone, Mr. Kwon played Suga and Jimin's song. Jimin exhaled in relief. Finally. 

The sensation didn't last long, though. Jimin immediately buried his face into Suga's arm when the sound of his voice hit his ears. Jin, Jungkook, and Taehyung immediately 'Woah'ed at Jimin's vocals and became completely immersed in the song. Shortly after, Suga's rapping came. The class grew noticeably stiller, as if Suga's voice paralyzed them. The lyrics were intially shocking and intense. A few gulps could be heard around the room as Suga's already rapid lines grew faster and faster and his already atonishing lyrics grew more and more deep and cutting. Even the teacher was surprised at what the rapper spewed and listened intently. The whole room was left breathless and stunned. Mr. Kwon was diligently writing down notes on a piece of paper, then walked to the center of the room.

"Well, that concludes today's class. You all did well, class is dismissed," he quickly stated. He walked to his desk and immediately started typing quickly, stealing glances at Suga.

The other five, however, were distracted by the after affect of the song. They had seemingly lost their voices and had trouble forming sentences. Suga decided to break the tension and said, "Well, this project is finally done. Should we go celebrate?"

Namjoon was the first to become responsive. He nodded, "I've always wanted to go the Han River, shall we go?"

Jin quickly snapped out of his daze, "That sounds good. I've heard that they have really good food there."

Jimin smiled, "Always with the food, hyung."

J-Hope, Jungkook, and Taehyung nodded slightly, still speechless from the song. 

Suga smiled softly, "Great. Han River it is, then."

 


 

This is a bit shorter than usual, so I guess you could consider this a trailer for the next chapter...? Anyway, I hope you'll anticipate it ^_^

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next update!

Love,

Kilotons