Together

You Make My Life Colorful

"I'm...I'm really gonna miss you guys."

For the trillionth time, Suga was clinging onto his last shred of dignity and not allowing tears to fall as his friends bid their last goodbyes before his move. The others, however, weren't doing as well at keeping their emotions in check. Jimin was hugging Suga so tightly, he almost couldn't breathe, endless tears streaming out of his eyes, soaking Suga's shirt. 

"S-Stop talking like that, h-hyung. You'll come a-and visit, r-right?" Jimin choked out, tripping over his sobs.

Suga kissed Jimin's hair as his boyfriend's hair as he wept harder into his sweater, "Of course, my little cry baby. I'll come back as much as I can."

Jimin weakly smacked Suga's shoulder, mumbling something along the lines of 'I'm not a cry baby'. Everyone managed to laugh behind their tears, savoring the last moment before Suga would move away. Namjoon covered his face, not wanting the tears to fall in front of everyone. 

He groaned, "I can't believe I'm gonna miss you two being all lovey-dovey. This hurts my pride."

Jin leaned his head on Namjoon's shoulder, clogged and unclear chuckles resonating from his throat, "I told you it was cute."

Amongst other things here. Namjoon thought, but would never voice out loud. He settled with pinching Jin's cheek, wanting to laugh at Jin's bewildered expression. Not wanting to be the only one blushing, Jin poked Namjoon's cheek and thoroughly enjoyed Namjoon's equally flustered reaction.

Little did they know, the entire group was watching their brief moment of playful teasing. Yoongi, whose arm was secured around Jimin's waist, clicked his tongue and raised his eyebrow with a cocky smirk, "And you say that me and Jiminie are cheesy?"

The shocked and embarrassed flush found its place on Jin's face again as the others snickered and him and Namjoon. Namjoon couldn't maintain eye contact and sputtered, "Shut up."

Suga gestured between Namjoon and Jin, "If you two aren't together by the time I come back, you best expect me to lock you both in a room and keep you there until you're married."

Jungkook smiled widely, "They're already are married, they're umma and appa!"

Jin glared at Jungkook, "I would hit you but mothers shouldn't abuse their children." 

J-Hope clapped his hands together and pointed at Jin excitedly, "He admitted it! He admitted it!" He rushed to Jin's side and held an imaginary microphone up to his mouth, "Tell me, sir. Since when have you and Namjoon been seeing each other, when is the wedding, and how many children do you plan on having?" He held his 'free' hand up to his mouth and whispered not-so-quietly, "If you need a priest or anything, let me know."

Namjoon furrowed his brows, "What?"

"He lost a bet once, so I made him get a license online," Taehyung explained nonchalantly.

Namjoon murmured under his breath, "I don't think that's how it works, but okay."

Suga turned around as his parents called for him to get in the car. He pressed his lips together and tried to smile. Sighing softly, he nodded, "That's my cue. I'll...see you guys later." Everyone shouted their goodbyes, surrounding Suga in a tight hug, much to his displeasure. When they released the boy from their suffocating grip, Suga smiled solemnly and walked toward the car. After climbing into the vehicle, he peered out the window and waved to the others. Tears began rushing out of Jimin's eyes again as he thought about being without Yoongi.

He chased after the car, shouting, "Yoongi-hyung, I'll miss you! Don't forget me, okay?! Jiminie loves you!"

The others tried to stop Jimin from running too far when Suga poked his head out of the car window and shouted back, "Don't worry, okay? I'll miss you, too! I love you, too, Jiminie!"

Jimin choked out a sob and stopped running when Suga responded. After sprinting after Jimin, the others stopped to catch their breaths and wrapped Jimin in another group hug. Sniffling, Jimin hugged them all back.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Thanks for the ride, hyung. You really didn't have to," Namjoon awkwardly chuckled.

Jin smiled, "It's no problem, Joon-ah." He unlocked the car door for Namjoon, gesturing to it.

Namjoon tried to smile, but the blush on his cheeks got in the way, "I was - um - wondering if we could go to the park or something? I just wanted to talk about something."

Jin's eyes turned to the steering wheel, unable to maintain eye contact, "Uh, yeah, sure. Let's go."

Keeping his eyes on the road, Jin swallowed and tried his hardest not to look at Namjoon who was staring holes into his face. Namjoon was both torn and trapped. Ah, I shouldn't have said that, right? Jin-hyung's dad told me to stay away. But I can't just make him turn around... Namjoon looked around. Because we're already here.

"Anything you want to do in particular?" Jin asked.

Namjoon shrugged, then smiled, "I just want to walk around and talk. We haven't done that in awhile."

Jin didn't know why, but those words made him blush and he quickly broke eye contact. Tapping his fingers nervously on the steering wheel, he tried to keep a smile, "You could've just texted me if you were so lonely."

Namjoon wanted to laugh, he really did, at Jin's flustered expression. He wanted to reach forward and pinch his cheek or give him a kiss or something. And after running that thought through his head again, he wanted to vomit for letting himself go so soft. Remembering what Jungkook said, he quoted, "Well, there are some things I wanna talk about in person. Is that okay?"

Namjoon leaned closer to Jin as he asked the question, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. The bewildered expression from before found its way back to Jin's face as his eyes traveled down to Namjoon's lips. Flustered, he quickly unlocked the door and hopped out of the car, "Yeah, let's go."

This guy...since when was he such a flirt?

A chuckle bubbled up Namjoon's throat as he watched Jin walk away from the car. Cute. 

He followed after Jin, holding his arm out for Jin to cling onto. Jin stumbled for a bit, but recollected himself and cautiously hugged it, blushing when the world lit up in familiar hues. Jin hung his head low, his bangs falling delicately over his eyes. Namjoon pinched his cheek, "Why are you so shy, hyung?"

Jin huffed, wanting Namjoon to stop teasing him. He let go of his arm and sighed, "Namjoon why are you being so flirtatious? I thought my dad told you not to; you're lucky that I'm even talking to you at all."

"So you heard our conversation, huh," Namjoon muttered pathetically. He grimaced at himself, "Ah...I thought I was being so smooth, too. I'm sorry, I'm being so stupid. You're right, I should - you should go back, I'll get a taxi or something. Forget I said anything, we shouldn't have come-"

His words were cut off when he felt Jin's plush lips on his cheek. Their positions were suddenly switched; Jin was the tease and Namjoon was the flustered mess. A coughing fit invaded Namjoon's throat. Jin laughed lightheartedly, "I was expecting some cheesy confession, but I guess this is cute, too." Jin secured his grip on Namjoon's arm again, sighing in content, "Is this all you wanted to talk about, Joon-ah?"

Namjoon stared at Jin in awe, still blown away at how handsome Jin was in color. He snapped out of it quickly, though, and nodded frantically, "Uh, yeah."

"Then are you ready to go back?" Jin asked hesitantly. He would drive Namjoon back if the boy wanted to go home, but truthfully he would rather stay at the park with Namjoon forever if he could.

To Jin's relief, he shook his head, "I kinda wanna stay here for a bit, if that's okay with you."

"Of course it's okay with me."

Gathering his courage together again, Namjoon removed Jin's hands from his arm and held them in his. Jin's eyes widened, not sure what to expect. But when he felt Namjoon's lips against his, he couldn't complain. Namjoon let go of Jin's hands and looped his arms around Jin's waist and back, bringing him closer. Jin trailed his hand up Namjoon's torso and tangled his fingers in Namjoon's hair. A small noise escaped Jin's throat and the two were so lost in the moment that they didn't notice a pair of eyes watching them.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"What were you two thinking?!"

Instead of being at home like Namjoon thought he would be, he was on Jin's couch, being scolded by Jin's parents. He couldn't help but cower in shame that he didn't know the purpose of. Mr. Kim was, as expected, angry when he witnessed their kiss.

"Seokjin, I told you that Namjoon wasn't good news. Namjoon, I told you to stay away from Seokjin. So why is it that I found you two on each other's faces?!" Mr. Kim asked, demanding an answer.

Namjoon looked toward Mrs. Kim for some sort of support, but when he saw the deadly glare that was deeply rooted in her eyes, he couldn't bring himself to maintain eye contact. She spoke with a barely-there venom in her voice, "Namjoon-ah...you hurt our Seokjin so much. After all you put him through, could you not obey our one request?"

Namjoon hung his head low, not knowing how to respond, "I'm sorry-"

"Umma, appa."

Namjoon looked up at Jin, who was meeting his parents' gaze fiercely. He was surprised to hear him speak against his parents. Their heads swiveled to look at Jin. His mouth opened again, "It wasn't Namjoon's fault. He didn't know about my feelings, so stop yelling at him like he did it on purpose. I like him and he likes me, so can you both accept it?"

Mr. Kim sighed, "He hurt you, Seokjin."

"He didn't mean to."

"He didn't do what I said to. I even told you to stay away from him! I told you that I didn't like him, Seokjin-ah, and you didn't listen!"

"And what made you decide that? Some bad speculation? A chill down your spine?"

The two continued bickering and it was honestly very awkward to watch. Halfway through, Mrs. Kim left and got ready for bed, leaving Namjoon to watch by himself. They were talking about him as if he wasn't there, like he couldn't hear anything they were saying. Namjoon knew that Jin's dad didn't like him, but hearing him say it out loud stung. He held his breath, silently hoping that he could go home. It was late, he was getting tired, and he still had to respond the texts he was getting from the others regarding Suga's move. At that moment, as if Jin had read his mind, his hyung turned his head and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Joon-ah. You shouldn't hear us arguing like this. Do you want me to drive you home? It's dangerous to walk around at night."

Namjoon nodded weakly, "If it isn't too much of a bother, please."

Jin clasped Namjoon's hand, "Let's go, then."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Sorry about appa. He's a bit..."

"Tsundere. You said so awhile back," Namjoon grinned, "It's okay. I get it, he doesn't want his only son to date. I wouldn't either. He'll understand later..hopefully."

Jin smiled prettily and repeated, "Hopefully. You're so sweet, Joon-ah. Thanks for being so understanding."

That night, Jin dropped off Namjoon with a smile, a kiss, and a hug that lasted forever. That night, Namjoon committed to memory the way Jin would smile in Namjoon's arms, the fluffiness of his hair, and how is skin felt so supple in his hands. At a few minutes after midnight, when Namjoon was about to go to sleep, the screen on his phone brightened and nearly blinded him. Without bothering to look at the caller, he answered with a raspy and deeper-than-usual voice.

"Hello?" 

"Yah. Is this Namjoon?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Seokjin's appa. Don't you look at your phone before you answer it?"

"Sorry Mr. I was just about to go to sleep and I'm really tired. What did you want to talk about?" Namjoon asked, trying to sound as polite as someone could in their half-asleep state.

Namjoon heard a sigh from the other side of the phone, "I was talking with Seokjin and...I'll allow you two to do your thing."

"Ah...thank you, Mr. Kim. I won't hurt Jin-hyung, I promise." Why would he call so late...why would he even call for this kinda thing?

"You better not, kid. Alright, you get your sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Mr. Kim," Namjoon smiled. "Tell Jin-hyung goodnight, too."

 


 

Awww yissss bby new chapter out! I should seriously update more haha. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this week's chapter! See you next update! 

Love,

Kilotons