Farmer's Market II

You Make My Life Colorful

That week, J-Hope and Taehyung were stuck to each other like glue. They came to school together, left together, went to class together, and ate together. They were constantly touching; they were either holding hands, or J-Hope was clinging to Taehyung's arm, or had his arm around Taehyung's shoulder or waist. 

Jungkook position in the group shifted from the adorable maknae that everyone loved to the seventh-wheel that everyone ignored. He was forced to socialize with other students when there were assignments where they had to work in pairs. But being the great friend he was, he put his sadness to the side and had to act like everything was okay with him. The worst moment was in social studies, when they were assigned an in-class project. 

"Class, for this project, you'll get into groups of six."

Oh hell no. Jungkook looked to his right, hoping that maybe the hyungs would include him this time. But instead, they looked at him with a pitiful expression.

"Sorry, Jungkook," Jimin said softly, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Maybe next time?" Namjoon asked.

"It's okay," Jungkook looked down, smiling although he was disappointed.

He looked around, hoping to find a group in need of an extra member. A few moments later, he hesitantly raised his hand when the teacher asked about left over students that needed a group.

A few minutes into their working period, Jin spoke up," I feel bad. We keep ignoring Jungkook and putting him to the side."

Jimin nodded, "Earlier, we had to work in pairs, but I paired with Suga-hyung before Jungkook asked me to work with him."

"In math, I worked with Jimin when Jungkook needed help," Namjoon confessed. 

"In PE, I teamed with Taehyung," J-Hope murmured almost inaudibly.

They sat quietly for a few minutes, working. "We should do something for him," Jin insisted.

"What can we do?" Suga asked.

"We can buy him snacks?" Taehyung suggested.

Jin's face lit up, "Snacks! Food fixes everything!"

"But what does he like?" Jimin questioned, tilting his head.

"He likes cake, bread, anything with flour, really," Taehyung blurted out a bit too quickly, earning strange looks from the group.

"And how do you know that?" J-Hope interrogated in a territorial manner.

Taehyung shrugged, "I don't know. We just ate a lot of snacks together, and he always took the cake and bread."

J-Hope looked at Taehyung suspiciously, but quickly brushed it off keeping their last fight in mind. 

"Okay then, we'll get snacks," J-Hope nodded timidly.

 

~.~.~.~

 

"So...Jungkook," Namjoon started.

Jungkook looked up from his food with a blank expression on his face, "Yes, hyung?" The group pulled their purchased snacks from their backpacks and handed them to Jungkook. The snacks consisted of chapssalddeok, sweet rolls, and cookies. "What are these for?"

"We bought them for you," Suga said flatly.

"I know that, but why?"

"We feel bad because we feel like we've been leaving you out recently," Jin explained.

Jungkook smiled weakly. They've definitely been ignoring him, but he didn't want them to know that it bothered him. "Really? I don't think so," Jungkook said with an awkward chuckle.

"Oh, really?" Jimin asked, surprised.

"Well, you can keep them. We don't really need them," J-Hope ushered.

"Oh, o-okay. Thanks!" Jungkook smiled. He eyed the cookies and laughed as he held them up, "Taetae hyung, are these from you?"

"Kookie, how did you know?" Taehyung giggled.

Jungkook smiled brightly, touched that his friends noticed their actions and made up for it. He happily ate them for the rest of lunch, saving some for later. 

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Jimin and Suga were exhausted from running in PE. Suga lazily slung his arm around Jimin, capturing his attention.

"Jiminie, how are still so energetic after all that?" Suga panted.

"I am really tired, hyung," Jimin whined.

"You don't look like it."

Jimin's eyes widened. What's that supposed to mean? "Is that a good thing?"

Suga shrugged, "Yeah. No one looks good when they're tired."

Jimin looked at Suga. You do. Jimin smiled to himself when he remembered Suga's face when he was sleeping. Jin and Namjoon ran over to the two.

"Namjoon and I are going to the Farmer's Market later, wanna come?" Jin offered.

Jimin and Suga looked at each other and almost communicated telepathically. They both nodded at the same time. "Sure, we'll go. Thanks, hyung!"

"Do you want to meet up at the park, or do you want to wait here after school for me to pick you up?" Jin asked.

"Can you pick us up? It'll be a lot easier that way," Suga nodded.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Namjoon, can you come with me just in case I forget anything?" 

"Like money?" Namjoon teased.

"Shut up," Jin hissed. 

Namjoon laughed as they started walking. A few minutes later, Jin sneakily held on to Namjoon's arm, hoping he wouldn't say anything. Luckily, Namjoon just smiled and said nothing.

"Hyung, how far do you live from school?"

"Not that far. That's why I usually don't take the car," Jin informed. "My house is right there," Jin said pointing to a house two blocks away.

Namjoon nodded in response. After less than 10 minutes of walking, they reached Jin's house. 

"Umma! Is it okay if I take the car to go to the park!" Jin shouted into the house.

Jin's mother came out to the entrance of the house, "Sure, just make sure to fill it up with gas on your way there." She immediately looked at Namjoon, "Who is this, hun?" 

"Oh, this is Namjoon. He's a friend from school," Jin said a bit cautiously, hoping his mother wouldn't say anything embarrassing. Unfortunately for him, she did.

"Oh! This is Namjoon! I'm Jin's mother, I've heard so much about you!" Jin's mother exclaimed, smiling.

Namjoon struggled to not laugh. He turned and looked at Jin, but still talked to his mother, "You have? All good things I hope?"

Jin's mother nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, yes of course! It's so nice to finally meet you," Jin's mother said excitedly, extending her hand.

Namjoon gladly shook her hand with a smile, "Nice to meet you, too, Mrs. Kim."

"I also heard that we owe you a bit of money," Jin's mother said, glaring at a flustered Jin. "Wait right here, Namjoon-ah. I'll be back with all the money."

Namjoon's eyes widened, "Oh nononono! It's okay, really. I don't need it back."

"I insist, wait here please!" Jin mother's rushed. She walked further into the house and returned with 23,500 won in her hands. "This should be enough to cover the difference."

"You really don't need to," Namjoon retorted.

"Yes, I do. Jin loves the pillow so, so much. It makes me feel guilty not paying you back."

"Okay~" Namjoon sighed in defeat.

Jin interrupted, not wanting Namjoon to speak with his mother any longer, "Namjoon! We still have to have to pick up Jimin and Suga, remember?" Before Namjoon could respond, Jin cut him off, "Yeah, we still have to go. Bye umma! Love you!" 

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Jiminie, I recorded a little the other day. Can you listen to it and tell me what you think?"

Jimin looked at Suga with shock, then his face broke out into a big smile, "Really, hyung?" He had his songs stuck in his head ever since they drove to the city together, but he never asked to listen to it again since the older was so hesitant in letting others listen to his music. 

"Just come here, " Suga snapped, flustered. He plugged the earbuds into his phone and inserted them into Jimin's ears. Jimin smiled happily as the music entered his ears. After the song was over, Jimin handed Suga his phone with a big grin, although he was secretly hoping he could listen to more. Suga noticed the glimmer in Jimin's eyes. "Are you okay?"

Jimin nodded. "Is it okay if I listen to more?" Jimin asked cutely, shooting Suga with aegyo.

Suga hesitated and softened up a bit, but then firmly shook his head, "No." Jimin looked down and pouted slightly. Suga sighed, "Fine. In the car."

Jimin smiled brightly and hugged Suga tightly, "Thank you, hyung!"

10 minutes had passed, and Namjoon and Jin were nowhere to be seen. Jimin waited impatiently and was slightly upset, for he was excitedly waiting for the car to come so he could listen to more of Suga's music. Jimin crept up behind Suga and rested his chin on Suga's shoulder.

"When are they coming, hyung?" Jimin whined.

"Be patient, Jimin. It's only been 10 minutes."

"But Jin-hyung lives right there!" Jimin shouted, pointing at Jin's house. "It shouldn't take him too long!"

"Don't be so impatient, Jiminie. Why are you so excited for them to come anyway?" Jimin removed his chin from Suga's shoulder and looked down timidly. Suga turned around and furrowed his brows at the other. "Jiminie?"

Jimin whispered, "I want to listen to more of your music, hyung."

Suga smiled widely, "You really like it, huh?" Jimin nodded. "Why do you like it so much?"

Jimin shrugged, "I don't know. I like the style, the genre, and your voice I guess."

"But you hear my voice every day."

"But I like hearing you rap. I don't get to hear you rap every day."

Suga smiled even wider, and he suddenly hugged Jimin. Jimin's eyes went wide, but he hugged back anyway. Suga was craving validation from anyone in any form, so he couldn't be happier hearing that his best friend enjoyed hearing his voice. He handed Jimin his phone and earbuds, earning a confused look from Jimin.

"You can listen to it, Jiminie."

Jimin's face lit up like a child who had just been given candy, "Really? Thank you, hyung!" He eagerly inserted the plugs into his ears and listened to the songs with a smile on his face.

However, 10 more minutes passed and Jin and Namjoon still hadn't arrived. Suga grew bored as he waited for the two to come back. A few moments later, he glared in the distance as he saw Jin and Namjoon pull into the parking lot.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Jin quickly pushed Namjoon into the car, trying to get out as fast as possible. He drove back to school, grimacing when he saw Suga glaring at them. He pulled into the parking lot and waved them over into the car. 

"What took you two so long?" Suga questioned angrily. 

"Sorry, Suga. But Namjoon," Jin emphasized, glaring daggers at Namjoon, "Namjoon here, decided he wanted to chat with my umma."

"Your umma just wanted to pay me back some money, and being the gracious human being I am, I politely denied her, " Namjoon defended. "And it's not my fault that she wanted to talk to someone that she somehow knows so much about." Jimin and Suga snickered as Jin blushed lightly. Namjoon turned around in his seat and saw Jimin with Suga's phone in his hand, "Jimin, why do you have Suga's phone?"

"Suga-hyung is letting me listen to his music," Jimin chirped happily.

"Hyung, you make music?" Namjoon asked, surprised. Suga nodded hesitantly. "Can I listen to it?"

Suga shook his head, "Only Jiminie is allowed to listen to it."

"Why?" Namjoon interrogated like a child.

"Because I said so."

"Of course you would only let Jimin listen to it," Namjoon retorted, contorting his face.

"Yah! What's that supposed to mean?" 

Jimin laughed to himself as he heard Suga and Namjoon's bickering. Soon, the playlist turned into a softer, lighter instrumental. "Hyung, what's this? It's just an instrumental." Suga's eyes widened, and he quickly grabbed his phone and earbuds from Jimin. "Hyung!" Jimin shouted in shock from Suga's sudden actions.

"You can't listen to that."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so," Suga repeated. 

Jin chuckled at the Jimin and Suga as he drove. Soon, they reached the park, which was crowded like it was a few weeks before. Jin parked the car, and the boys rushed out of the car. Jimin and Suga looked around in awe at all of the options from the Farmer's Market. Jin held onto Namjoon's arm and the two pairs seperated into the Farmer's Market. 

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Namjoon and Jin stopped at a snack stand that contained Dragon's Beard candy, bungeoppang, Gyeongju bread, yakgwa, and hotteok. Jin's eyes glazed over and his mouth started watering.

Namjoon laughed at his best friend, "You want some, hyung?" 

Jin nodded, and looked at the older woman working at the stand, "Ahjumma, can I please have 2 of each?"

Namjoon looked at him in shock, "Two? How much are you going to eat?"

Jin smiled up at Namjoon, "I'm not going to eat it all, they're for you, too!"

Namjoon smiled back at Jin, "Are you going to save some for Suga-hyung and Jimin, too?"

"What?! Of course not, they can buy their own."

Namjoon shook his head and chuckled at the older as they made their way further into the market.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Meanwhile, Jimin and Suga were spending more time talking than shopping.

"Hyung, do you really think that Namjoon-hyung and Jin-hyung like each other?" Jimin asked curiously since he always noticed Namjoon and Suga teasing each other, but he never took part in it.

Suga shrugged, "Sure, I guess. At first, I made fun of him because he made fun of us. But now, it's just more evident that they like each other. Why do you ask?"

Jimin shrugged as well, "Just wondering."

They walked further into the market and spotted a booth that sold fresh KBBQ. Jimin's mouth immediately started watering when the scent of the meats hit his nose. Under a trance, he walked to the booth in with a zombie-like stance, his eyes highly concentrated on the meat. Suga followed him, laughing lightly.

"Do you want some, Jiminie?" Suga asked gently.

Jimin nodded his head, lips slightly parted, "How much is the beef?"

"5,400 won for 500 grams," the man running the booth replied.

"Do you want any, hyung?" Jimin asked, turning to Suga. Suga nodded his head. 

"We'll have 250 grams, please," Jimin said, handing over 2,700 won.

A few moments later, the meat was fully cooked and was given to Jimin and Suga on a paper plate. Jimin excitedly took the plate from the clerk, walked quickly back to Suga, and they quickly dug in. The meat was soft and tender and was packed with flavor. The plate was finished within a few minutes, being mostly eaten by Jimin.

"I kind of want more," Jimin said, pouting.

"You ate most of it," Suga grunted, narrowing his eyes at Jimin.

"Hyung, can you get me more?" Jimin asked cutely.

Suga shook his head, but Jimin asked him again, doing even more aegyo, so he finally gave in. "Fine. Only if you let me have more this time."

Jimin smiled widely, then hugged Suga tightly, "Yay! Thanks so much, hyung!" Suga quickly paid, and returned with twice as much meat as before. Jimin looked at the plate with saucer-like eyes, "Hyung, why did you get so much?"

"So you don't eat it all this time," Suga chuckled. He divided the meat into two portions. He gave a satisfied grin when he evenly divided the meat, "There. Now I know if you eat any of mine."

Jimin and Suga ate diligently. Jimin snagged a few pieces of meat from Suga's side of the plate, and Suga pretended not to notice.

Jimin looked up at Suga, "Hyung, I got another movie, do you want to watch it with me?"

"Did you read the description this time?" Suga asked, grinning. 

Jimin pouted, "I read it last time, too!"

"I know, I'm just teasing Jiminie," Suga smiled, ruffling Jimin's hair. "Any reason you want to watch it with me, though? We can invite the other guys, too, if you want."

"It's okay, hyung. Watching movies is kinda our thing, you know?" Jimin said, and Suga nodded.

"What's your thing?" Namjoon asked, suddenly appearing behind them. Namjoon then shouted over his shoulder, "Found them, hyung!"

"Oh, good. I was just about to text them," Jin smiled, running to join the three other boys.

"You guys ready to go?" Namjoon asked.

"I'm ready. Are you ready, Jiminie?" Suga asked and Jimin nodded.

They hopped in the car and started driving. On the way back, Suga's eyelids grew heavy and he leaned his head on Jimin's shoulder and Jimin attempted to wake Suga up.

"Hyung, you need to wake up. We still have to watch the movie!" Jimin whined, shaking Suga's head off his shoulder. Suga stirred in his sleep and wrapped his arms around Jimin's neck. Jimin froze up and bit his lip. He tried pushing Suga off his chest, but Suga tightened his grip instead. Jimin successfully pushed him away, only to have Suga rest his head in Jimin's lap. Jimin sighed and subconsciously starting playing with Suga's hair, running his fingers through the locks, or bunching them together into mini-ponytails.

Jimin's eyes widened as he heard a camera snap from the front seat. Namjoon laughed quietly, making sure not to wake up Suga, "Caught you, Jimin."

Jin raised his eyebrows, "Caught him what?"

"Jimin was playing with Suga-hyung's hair, and since their pretty much my #1 OTP, I took a picture of it," Namjoon triumphed. "I'm so going to show this to him when he wakes up."

"What?!" Jimin almost shouted, being immediately shushed by Jin and Namjoon. Jimin urgently whispered, "Hyung, you can't do that to me!" 

"I won't do anything now, I'll obviously put this to use later," Namjoon chirped happily. 

Jimin sighed again. Crap. Now I've been blackmailed by Namjoon-hyung, our most enthusiastic shipper. FML. He looked down at Suga's face, which was smiling in content. Jimin smiled as well, his eyes trailing all over Suga's face. Soon, Jin reached Jimin's house. Jimin gently pat Suga's chest a few times, then lifted him off his lap.

Suga blinked lazily a few times and groggily asked, "Are we here now?"

Jimin nodded, "We're here, hyung. You have to get up now. Did you call your umma and appa yet?"

Suga sighed, his eyelids almost shutting again. "I'm too tired, can you do it for me?" Suga asked, handing his phone to Jimin.

Jimin rolled his eyes, "Fine." He lifted up the phone to his ear, "Hello? Is this Yoongi's umma or appa? Is it okay if Yoongi-hyung can sleep over at my house tonight?"

"Are you the same boy as last time?"

"Yes, I am."

"Sure, just make sure he sleeps well."

"Of course I will."

Namjoon rolled down the window and smiled, "Awww, Jimin is taking care of Suga-hyung~"

Jimin contorted his face and made a shooing motion at Namjoon, "Yes, I'll make sure he goes to school tomorrow." He paused for a bit, "Okay, thank you. Have a good night!"

Suga smiled, leaning his head against Jimin's shoulder again. They both waved goodbye at Namjoon and Jin and went inside Jimin's house. 

"Umma, appa! I'm home! I brought Yoongi-hyung with me and we're going to watch movies in my room!" Jimin shouted into the house.

They entered his room and Jimin gave Suga pajamas for him to change into. Suga changed quickly and the two boys brushed their teeth and set up a mattress for Suga. 

"Which movie are we going to watch, Jiminie?"

Jimin held up a movie which was much milder than the last, "We're going to watch The Little Prince."

"The Little Prince?" Suga asked, tilting his head to the side. "I've never heard of it."

"It's kind of an unknown movie, but the book is pretty popular. It's one of my favorites."

Suga shrugged, "Okay, let's watch."

They sat down on the end of the mattress and watched the movie. It was incredibly intellectual and emotional. Jimin was weeping silently by the end of the movie, and Suga was left deep in thought about the storyline. Jimin leaned into Suga, who noticed his tears.

"Aigoo~ don't cry Jiminie. It's just a movie," Suga cooed, wiping Jimin's tears with his thumb.

"I know, hyung. It's just so...so sad," Jimin sobbed, burying his face in Suga's shoulder.

"You're so cute when you're sad," Suga gushed, pinching Jimin's cheeks. Jimin stopped crying and looked up into Suga's eyes, which were already gazing into his. He smiled softly and felt heat rushing up to his cheeks. Suga laid down and closed his eyes, almost falling asleep. Jimin climbed up on his bed, only to be stopped by Suga, "Jiminie, stay down here with me." 

Jimin paused, still sitting up on his bed. "What did you say?"

"Come back and stay here, Jimin." 

Jimin felt his heart racing, threatening to burst through his chest. "W-why?"

Jimin heard the pout in Suga's voice, "Because I want you to." There was a pause, "Please~"

Jimin sighed, "Can you at least come up here? There's more room."

Suga slowly crawled up and laid on the bed, Thank you, Jiminie~"

Jimin's breath hitched as Suga wrapped his arms around Jimin's chest. "Hyung, are you always this happy when you're tired?"

Suga nodded, his face buried in Jimin's neck, "Yeah. Because I always get to go to sleep."

Jimin chuckled at Suga, "Good night, hyung."

"Good night, Jiminie."

They both went to sleep smiling that night.

 


 

Oml, so much fluff, I'm going to suffocate XD I decided to write a longer chapter dedicated to Yoonmin and Namjin (mostly Yoonmin though, because I feel like I've been neglecting that a lot). I hope it wasn't too fluffy/cheesy for you guys. And yes, I know, Suga was SUPER out of character at the end of this chapter, but the idea of Suga being sweet to Jimin was enough to give me cavities ^_^;; Btw, The Little Prince is a great book and I highly recommend it, and the movie is also coming out on Netflix soon, yay!

Also...WE REACHED 50 SUBSCRIBERS!!! YAY!!! Thanks so much for subscribing, and just reading in general. You guys are the best! <3 

And did you guys here about Suga's mixtape being postponed? I'm so sadddd, but Suga can take as much time as he wants with it even if it's slowly killing me inside

Anyway...I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! See you next update!

Love you!

Kilotons