A Night in the City

You Make My Life Colorful

While Jin and Namjoon were easily coming up with lyrics to their song, Jimin and Suga were having a harder time.

"Lucky Namjoon. He gets an easy partner like Jin," Jimin sighed.

Suga looked up at him, offended. "Maybe you should've thought about that before you came to me!"

The two looked at each other and just smiled. Jimin knew that somehow they would make it work. Suga was an avid song writer, and already many songs that he composed himself. Jimin suggested that they should just sing one of his old songs to the class, since it was still original. But Suga insisted that they write a song together. 

"That's me doing all of the work, writing the song and you just singing the lyrics! And besides, all of my songs scream Min Yoongi, shouldn't there be some Park Jimin in it, too?" Suga asked.

"You're weird when you get poetic," Jimin said as he slightly cringed. "But, fine. We can write a new song, even if you have hundreds of perfectly eligible songs already ready for me to sing," Jimin sighed sarcastically. "But what are we going to write about?"

"I don't know, but usually I find good inspiration downtown in the city. We should go there after school tonight."

"Are you lowkey asking me out on a date?" Jimin teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ew, no. The only reason we're going is to get some inspiration so we get a good grade on this project," Suga said, gagging. Jimin toppled over laughing, which then escalated into a silent laugh and Jimin hyperventilating. Suga looked down with a smirk, "That's right, you bastard. Suffocate." Jimin stood up, hyperventilating still, and wiped the tears from his eyes. 

"We'll meet in the parking lot, but you have to drive. See you later, Suga-hyung!" Jimin chirped excitedly. 


~.~.~.~.~

 

Suga looked down at his phone, waiting for Jimin. He wasn't answering his calls or messages, which irritated Suga. Aish, it's already 4:00pm. What's taking this kid so long? 

"SUGAAAAAA!!!" Suga looked up to see Jimin sprinting towards his car, with a camera in his hand. "I'm so sorry I was late, hyung! I had to stay back to finish up my homework, and then I had to get my camera, and the-," 

"Okayokayokay, you don't need to explain. Let's just go downtown already."

"Are you mad, hyung? I'm so sorry!" Jimin said quickly.

"No, it's okay. But why'd you bring your camera?" 

"I just like to take pictures, it's just...aesthetically pleasing, I guess."

"Okay, whatever floats your boat," Suga mumbled as he started up his car and started driving. "Is it okay if we play some music?"

"Sure. Did you record any of your old songs?"

"I recorded most of them. Why, do you wanna listen?" Jimin nodded, and Suga sighed. "Okay, fine. But just this once. And don't laugh." Suga selected a song, and the car was filled with hip-hop music and rap. He looked over at Jimin nervously, who was concentrated on the music. 

"It's pretty good, I like it," Jimin said.

"Really?! You do?" Suga asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, it has a good beat, and the instruments compliment your voice well. Why are you so surprised?" Jimin asked with curiosity.

Suga shrugged, "My dream was always to become a famous rapper, but my parents never really supported me. They threw away most of my lyrics a few years ago, but luckily I recorded all of my favorites." 

Jimin looked over and felt bad for his friend for the first time. He didn't expect Suga to have many problems, considering his laid-back attitude. "Are you still gonna do it?"

"Do what?"

"Become a rapper."

"Uh, I don't really know. I'll try it at first, but if it doesn't work out, I'll just doing something else. All I know is that one day, I'm getting out of this place." Jimin looked down. It was weird hearing Suga talk so seriously. "Well, anyway, we're here. Let's go!" Suga said excitedly. Jimin grabbed his camera, and the two made their way through the city.

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Hyung, aren't you getting cold?" Jimin asked, his teeth chattering. "Can we go stop at a bakery or something? I'm freezing."

"Aish, okay," Suga sighed. 

They made their way into the nearest bakery, which wasn't too crowded, but wasn't completely empty either. Jimin snapped a photo of the cafe before entering. The two waited in line, and looked at the menu to decide what to order.

"I'll have a honey lemon tea, hot please," Jimin asked politely.

"I'll get a coffee, black," Suga ordered.

"Black coffee? You are such a grandpa," Jimin said playfully, nudging Suga's arm. Suga rolled his eyes in response.

They sat down and drank their drinks. "So what are we going to write about?"

"I don't know yet, but we'll figure it out soon. Let's just focus on the city okay? How did that picture turn out?"

Jimin passed his camera, displaying the picture. The shadows were intricate and contrasted each other perfectly. Suga was impressed with his friend's talent of taking photos. "It's pretty." Jimin smiled in response. 

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Their next stop was clothing store. Jimin's eyes widened in awe when he saw the store, and practically dragged Suga in. Suga winced and felt his cheeks heating up as Jimin grabbed his wrist and ran into the store. 

"Jimin, how are you going to get anything here? We're high school students without jobs. We can't afford anything in this store!" Suga whined.

"We're not buying anything. I just like fantasizing about what it would be like if I could buy it," Jimin explained happily.

"You have very strange logic, Park Jimin," Suga chuckled as he walked after an over-excited Jimin. 

Jimin returned with a pile of clothes, 5 shirts, 2 sweaters, and 3 pairs of pants. Suga's jaw dropped when he saw the amount of clothing Jimin had brought back.

"I thought we agreed that you wouldn't get anything!" Suga shouted in disbelief.

"I'm not buying it, I thought I already told you that! We're just going to play dress up with these, that's all!"

"Dress up?! Dude, how old are you?" Suga scoffed. 

Jimin retorted sassily, "Ugh, Jin-hyung is a much better shopping buddy than you are. Just wait here, and I'll come out and show you every outfit."

Suga sighed in defeat, "Alright, alright. You can show me all of your outfits." Jimin squealed with joy, then ran to the fitting room.

It was much more entertaining than Suga thought. Jimin handed him his camera, so he could take a picture of every outfit showcased. At the end of it, Jimin had 30 photos of himself in various outfits. Suga's favorite outfit consisted of a t-shirt with black and white stripes and dark jeans. They put all of the clothes on a hanger and they walked out of the store happily. 

"What are you going to do with all of those pictures?" Suga asked, interested.

"Most of my pictures are for myself. But I also run a Tumblr blog, and I have a good amount of followers, so I just post some of my pictures there. Let's take a selca! My followers would like it a lot." Jimin and Suga smiled at Jimin's smartphone. 


~.~.~.~

 

Since there wasn't much else to do, Jimin and Suga spent the rest of their time walking around the city, admiring the scenery and snapping pictures of tall buildings, or attractive landscapes. 

"Oh my god! I completely forgot about the music project!" Jimin shouted, panicked. 

"Relax...I haven't forgotten about it. I think I know what we should write about," Suga smiled, and Jimin waited for him to continue. "This city is really crowded, isn't it?" Jimin nodded. "And although everything is so crowded, the city still seems...lonely at times, right?" Jimin nodded again. "But there's always something there that brings everything back together, making it not so lonely. In conclusion, the city is always crowded, but it can still be lonely. But no matter how lonely things get, there will always be something to bring back harmony."

Jimin was surprised that Suga could come up with all of that from just spending a few hours in a city. "That's really impressive, hyung. You're so observant!"

Suga chuckled, "I can find inspiration from pretty much everything. It also just reminded me of what it was like before I met you and the group. I was always surrounded by people, but it still felt strangely dull. Then, I met you guys. And everything just seems better now." Jimin smiled at Suga's mini-speech. "We should probably get back, it's getting late."

Jimin checked the time. 9:28pm. It was late. They made their way back to the car and silently drove back home. Suga dropped Jimin out of his house. "I had a lot of fun today. We should do this more often," Suga said, smiling.

"Are you lowkey asking me out again?" Suga contorted his face in disgust at the comment. "It's okay, hyung. I know, I'm the best." Jimin said. The two laughed on Jimin's front porch. "I'll see you tomorrow, hyung!"

"Bye, Jimin!"

Suga drove home that night, and fell asleep, grinning at the day's events.

 


 

That. Was. So. Much. Fluff. Oml. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed that chapter, it's a bit longer than the others, which I'm happy about. Yoonmin is developing! YAY! Jungkook will come soon! I promise! I almost (once again) tried to use color to describe Jimin's outfit -.(\

I'm also slightly disappointed in myself, since I didn't get another chapter out today, so I apologize for that. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying the fanfic so far! Thanks for reading!

Love,

Kilotons