Black and White

You Make My Life Colorful

2 weeks had passed, and unlike what Taehyung promised to the group, he and J-Hope still hadn't talked. However, the group moved on from the situation, and everything was back to its happy, normal self. School mornings, lunches, and music classes were no longer awkward, and each day was as great as the one before.

At least for most of the group. The 2 weeks were slowly killing J-Hope inside. Luckily, he was able to maintain his usual cheerful facade at school, but the second he got home every day, he unleashed his depressed emotions. Homework and sleep were his only escape from sadness. He forced himself to eat at lunch so his friends didn't suspect his true feelings, but otherwise, he didn't have an appetite. He lied on his bed for hours, thinking to himself. It's been 2 weeks, and nothing's happened. The group is happy, Jungkook is happy...heck, even Taehyung's happy. So why can't I be? J-Hope sighed and closed his eyes. A voice in his head echoed, But what if Taehyung isn't happy? J-Hope quickly shook the thought away. Of course, he's happy. And I guess that's okay. He's my boyfriend, after all, I want him to be as happy as he can be. But I miss him: his smile, his laugh, the way his eyes lit up whenever we touch, the way he brings color into my life. I miss him missing me. J-Hope tilted his head back and let his tears fall. If he won't apologize to me, maybe I'll just apologize to him. I have plenty to be sorry about as well. He quickly devised a plan in his head and texted the group, excluding Taehyung and Jungkook.

From: J-Hope

Hey, can u guys meet me at the park later today?

 

From: Jin hyung

Sure, everything ok?

 

From: J-Hope

Yea, I just need ur help w/ something

 

From: Namjoon

Ok, see u soon!

 

From: Jimin

I'll be there in 10 mins! ^_^

 

From: Suga hyung

Thx for waking me up, I'll kill u later -.-

 


~.~.~.~.~

 

Meanwhile, Taehyung was completely fine, despite wanting to choke Jungkook at that moment. 

"Hyung, you said you would say sorry 2 weeks ago! You better start thinking of ways to apologize before I smack you!"

"Aish, okay okay!" Taehyung said with his hands up, surrendering. "But the best episode of Digimon Adventure is on right now!"

"If you don't start writing ideas, I'm going to tickle you for the entire duration of this episode!" Jungkook threatened.

Taehyung turned his head slowly towards Jungkook, the TV remote in his hand, "You. Wouldn't. Dare."

Jungkook attacked his stomach with his wiggling fingers, and Taehyung screamed and burst into a fit of giggles. Jungkook soon started laughing as well. Taehyunggie looks so cute when he's laughing. Jungkook's eyes widened at the thought and he mentally slapped himself. Taehyung is TAKEN. This is the exact reason J-Hope got mad in the first place! You better check yourself, Jeon Jungkook. Don't start developing feelings for Taehyung, and ban those thoughts from your head immediately! Jungkook looked down at Taehyung, who was now struggling to breathe.

"Okay, okay! You win, Kookie! Please, just stop tickling me!" Taehyung begged with tears in his eyes. 

Jungkook laughed lightly and took his hands off Taehyung. Taehyung sat up and caught his breath, then smacked Jungkook with a pillow. Jungkook lifted his hands threateningly and made crab gestures with them. "Taetae hyung...don't make me tickle you again!" Jungkook earned a laugh in return. "What? It's easy to say!"

"I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, Kookie. It's a good nickname," Taehyung smiled, but then pouted. "Can we pleeeease watch the episode?" Taehyung asked, shooting Jungkook with aegyo.

Jungkook's pupils dilated at Taehyung. Taetae hyung's doing it again. Jungkook's heart started thumping and his cheeks darkened ever so slightly. He quickly snapped out of his daze, but he couldn't resist Taehyung's request. "Fine. Just this episode."

That 'one' episode turned into ten episodes. Jungkook unconsciously started staring at Taehyung's face. He stared at his eyes, which were glazed over from concentrating on the show, then he trailed down to his nose, and moved on to Taehyung's jawline and neck. Jungkook bit his lip as he studied the older's face. Taehyung looked over at Jungkook, and his eyes widened when he saw Jungkook concentrated on his face.

"Kookie?"

Jungkook looked up, startled. His heartbeat quickened and his cheeks turned slightly grayer. He froze up, struggling to find an excuse for staring. He settled on, "Yeah?"

"Oh, nevermind Kookie. It's nothing." Taehyung looked back at the TV. Was Kookie staring at me? Did I have something on my face? 

Jungkook swallowed nervously. Crapcrapcrap, Taehyung just caught me staring, what am I going to do? Why was I even staring anyway?

Jungkook's phone lit up and showed a text message.


From: J-Hope hyung

Jungkook, r u w/ Taehyung rn?

 

Jungkook looked at his phone nervously.

From: Jungkook

Yea

 

From: J-Hope hyung

Ok, can u make sure he doesn't see this?

 

From: Jungkook

Sure, but y?

 

From: J-Hope hyung

Bcuz I said so

 

From: Jungkook

Okkkkkkkk

 

"Hyung, I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back!" Jungkook then made his way to Taehyung's bathroom. 


From: Jungkook

I'm in Taehyung's br now. So what's up?

 

From: J-Hope hyung

I need u 2 to meet me in the park later. I'm planning something for Taehyung

 

J-Hope told Jungkook the rest of the plan. 5 minutes later, Jungkook left the bathroom to a waiting Taehyung.

"Are you okay, Kookie? You took a long time." Jungkook lightly slapped Taehyung's arm in response. "It's okay, Kookie! happens!" Taehyung teased, then exploded in laughter.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and facepalmed. Aish, Taetae, why are you like this? "Let's watch more, this episode is really good."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

2 hours later, Jungkook received the signal.

"Hey, Taetae hyung? I want to go to the park, can we?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung shrugged, "Sure, I don't see why we can't."

Taehyung and Jungkook made their way outside, Jungkook grabbed a bandana before going out the door. They hailed a taxi, and Jungkook whispered something into the driver's ear before entering the car. Shortly after the engine started, Jungkook pulled the bandana over Taehyung's eyes.

"YAH! Jungkook what are you doing?" Taehyung said while struggling, pulling the bandana off. Jungkook quickly grabbed Taehyung's wrists with one hand and roughly tied the bandana around Taehyung's head tightly. "Jungkook, stop! Ahjussi, help me!" Taehyung cried out helplessly. The driver didn't flinch, according to Jungkook's orders before the drive. "JUNGKOOK! LET GO OF MY HANDS!" 

Jungkook loosened his grip, "Taehyung, stop shouting. You're scaring the driver!" Taehyung refused to stop, until Jungkook said, "Taetae hyung, I'm not going to hurt you. If you promise to not take off the bandana, I'll let go," Jungkook said, tightening his grip once more. Taehyung stopped shouting, and started whimpering out of fear. Jungkook let go of his hands and hugged Taehyung when he heard his soft cries. "Shhh, Taetae. Nothing bad's going to happen. If anything, things will get better." Taehyung stopped the noise coming from his mouth and nuzzled back to Jungkook. Jungkook bit his lip and he felt his heart racing again. He quickly caught himself, and forced the feeling down.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Soon, they arrived at the park. Jungkook made sure to tip the driver extra for following his request. He guided Taehyung out of the car and held him gently by the shoulders. He waved at J-Hope, who silently waved back. He saw the rest of the group waiting eagerly. Jungkook pulled the bandana off of Taehyung's head, and Taehyung's jaw immediately dropped when he looked at J-Hope and the rest of group. In front of him was a small pathway made with light paper and rose petals. On each side, there were balloons several meters away. Jin, Namjoon, Suga, Jimin, and Jungkook watched in anticipation. At the end of the pathway, J-Hope stood with a bouquet of roses in his hands. 

At that moment, Taehyung was so confused, he couldn't move. For a few minutes, Taehyung's eyes kept pinballing between the group and J-Hope. Suga finally had enough of it and shouted, "Walk to him, pabo!"

Taehyung giggled slightly and he stepped towards his boyfriend. J-Hope beamed as he handed Taehyung the roses and started his speech. "Taehyung, I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am. I'm sorry that I didn't trust you and that I caused you to be upset. I missed you so much these past few weeks. I missed your smile, your laugh, everything." Tears sprung in his eyes as he thought about his recent misery. 

Taehyung wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and shut his eyes tightly. "I'm sorry too, hyung. I'm sorry for ignoring you, for yelling at you, and for putting someone else first." Taehyung smiled in bliss, his eyes still closed.

From afar, the group watched in happiness. However, Jungkook watched with slight envy of the couple. Now that Taetae and J-Hope hyung are together again, will he pay less attention to me? He's my best friend, he won't give me up that easily, right? Jin sighed in content, Jimin was squealing, Namjoon smiled brightly, and Suga nodded in approval as they watched the reconciling couple. 

"They're so cute together! I'm so happy they're not fighting anymore," Jimin squealed, half fangirling.

"Look at them, they're so in love," Jin said, sighing with a smile.

Taehyung hugged J-Hope a bit tighter, and J-Hope clung onto him just as tight. Although Taehyung missed J-Hope, he also missed the color. Like Jin said, everything was much happier looking in color. He opened his eyes, expecting to see rich, pigmented display. He expected to see the bright blue sky, the green leaves on the trees, and the red roses in J-Hope's hands. 

But instead, all he saw was the same, monotone, black and white.

 


 

I'M BACK!!! And it's August, which means 1) Suga's mixtape is coming soon! and 2) I won't be updating as much :( Sorry for making you wait for so long TT . TT I started this chapter about a week ago, then I had to go on vacation to LA (and no, I did NOT go to KCONLA which and I was super depressed about it)

Anyway...Taehyung can't see in color anymore, do you know what that means?! Hint: Look in the description of this fanfic! And once you get what I'm trying to say, please don't kill me And Jungkook is going through a mental crisis right now, STAY IN YOUR FRICKIN LANE JUNGKOOK. And I know there hasn't been any namjin or yoonmin in the past few chapters, and that's because as great friends, they drop everything to help their friends out. 

I also just wanted to say that after I posted Chapter 8, some people unsubscribed, and I honestly find it hilarious that people are actually impacted because of my writing XD It's so weird that I'm actually toying with people's emotions without realising it.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading! 

Love you!

Kilotons