Chapter 13

Double-Trouble Combo X2 ☠

 

Chapter 13: Judged.

“Holy crap! I’m late for school.” You panicked as soon as you saw the clock read 8:04 am.

You hurried to the bathroom and went for a quick wash. After that, you wore your uniform hurriedly and combed your hair, not bothering to look at the mirror to check if you combed it the right way. You grabbed your backpack that was hanging on the chair and head straight down the staircase.

“Miss ~~. Your breakfast.” The maid called out as she saw you hurriedly walking towards the front door.

“It’s okay. I’m all good.” You told her as you managed to give her a smile of appreciation.

“Oh miss ~~, Master Youngmin is-” Before she could even finish her sentence, you were already out the door.

You walked for about three meters from the mansion to the bus stop. You looked at your watch and cursed under your breath as you saw it was already 8:26. You looked at the streets to see still no sign of an incoming bus.

“This can’t be happening.” You growled as you tapped your foot on the ground impatiently.

Just then, a car honked in front of you causing to snap out of your thoughts. You saw Youngmin’s car and the window rolled down, revealing Youngmin inside smiling widely at you.

“Get in.” He said as he motioned for you to get inside the car.

You were curious as to why Youngmin was here right now instead of being in school but you just hopped inside first before you asked him.

You quickly turned to him as you got in, “Why aren’t you in school?”

“Seatbelt please.” He reminded you and you grabbed the belt at your side and buckled up.

“So.. what are you doing here?” You asked him again.

“I was waiting for you. But then, you left so I had to come here.” He said as he turned to wheel of the car and began to drive.

You managed to bite down the smile that was now making its way on your lips.

“What’s your first class?” He asked.

“Biology. How about you?” You replied, sitting comfortably at the seat beside Youngmin.

“Algebra.” He said as he stopped the car since it was a red light.

“Don’t you guys have a reporting today for your Biology class? Bomi told me she was stressing out the whole day yesterday.”

Your eyes widened as soon as you remembered about the reporting for the research paper. But then you couldn’t ignore what he had just said, the fact that the Bomi girl is actually close with Youngmin now, annoyed the hell out of you. And it made you angry since you knew how plastic and how flirty she is.

“Hey, you okay?” He asked as he saw you glaring at the car in front of you.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” You groaned. Of course you weren’t fine. Fine is like the very last term you would like to describe how you were feeling right now.

And then you remembered the report again as Youngmin stepped on as the stoplight flashed green.

You weren’t feeling like going to school anymore since your teacher would just probably going to give you a zero either way because you are sure that Kwangmin didn’t also do it. So there’s pretty much no reason to go to school. At least if you stayed at home, you wouldn’t get to hear you teacher’s ranting session in class. In other words, you were actually considering skipping class since it seems the best option.

“Um you know what Youngmin, I don’t feel that good.” You touched your forehead and act a little dizzy.

“Do you want to go to the hospital?” Youngmin asked worriedly as he turned to look at you.

“No need for that. I just feel dizzy. Can’t you just drop me off here? I’ll just walk home.” You told him.

“But you don’t feel good right? I should drive you back home then.” He said and was just about to switch lanes to make a U-turn when you grabbed his arm.

“You don’t have to Youngmin. You still have class and I can still walk.” You smiled reassuringly at him causing him to just sigh and dropped you off at the side.

“See you later.” You waved at him as you got off from the car.

“Take a good rest okay? I’ll see you later.” He said and waved back as you closed the door.

His car drove off, leaving you on the sidewalk. You turned your heels and started walking back to the mansion.

You were hoping that your teacher wouldn’t go on ranting spree the next day just because you were absent today. And you were also hoping that Kwangmin wouldn’t get mad at you for not doing the paper. But then you have a feeling that he will come banging on your room later.

 

The maid knocked on your door and told you that you have visitors so you got up from your bed with your eyebrows furrowed. Curious and annoyed as to who are these visitors might be. You grabbed a hoodie from your closet and wore it since you were just wearing a tank top and a pair of pastel shorts, you wouldn’t want anyone to peep on you. You went out of your room, hands in the pockets of your hoodie as you walked down the stairs while yawning.

Your eyes widened as you saw your two best friends, walking and jumping around the house in amazement.

“What are you two doing here?” You asked as you reached the bottom of the staircase.

“Oh my gosh! You are so lucky to get to live in this house! I mean, mansion!” Jung Ah shouted as she walked around in a daze.

“Are we actually in the Jo twins’ house? Is this really the Jo Jeung Seuk’s house?” Chorong asked dreamingly.

You wanted to slap them right in the head to get their mind straight but you just ignored their usual selves and sighed.

“Breathe in, breathe out. Wait, can we take a selca here? So that I could brag to the whole school about me being in their house!” Jung Ah rapidly said.

“Gosh guys chill.” You commented.

“Jung Ah!! You gotta see this! Look it’s a baby picture of the twins! They look so adorable in their jammies!” Chorong said in a chirpy voice and motioned for Jung Ah to look at what she was looking.

“Ummmm hello? I’m right here.” You waved your hand as you tried to catch their attention. “Didn’t you guys come here to see me? And not to fangirl about every single little thing here?”

“Right.” They finally turned attention to you.

“Are you okay? You didn’t go to class earlier and we were so worried.” Chorong said as she touched your forehead and looked at your face to see if you were okay.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” You told them and moved your head away.

“How did you two get here?” You asked.

“Youngmin drove us here, he told us you that you weren’t feeling well this morning that’s why you didn’t go to school. You got us worried, thinking that something might have happened to you. You didn’t even send us a text.” Jung Ah said.

“Miahn. But where is he anyway?” You asked as you didn’t see any sign of his car parked outside.

“Now that’s a good question.” Chorong grinned as she gave you a look. “He went somewhere to buy some medicine for you.”

“Oh and yah! You should be thankful to Kwangmin! He pretty much did all the work!” Jung Ah said as she slapped your arm causing you to hiss in pain.

“Excuse me? Oh you mean he absorbed all the rant of the teacher instead of us two getting scolded because we didn’t have anything to pass?”

“No. Wait. You. You didn’t help Kwangmin with the paper did you? Yah! You should be thankful that he did your biology research! He pretty much saved your ! He sounded so professional when he was discussing it in front of class.” Jung Ah said in a dreamy voice as she remembered how Kwangmin looked when he was speaking in class.

“What? Kwangmin did what?” You asked again, totally confused.

“He. Saved. Your. .” Jung Ah emphasized.

“I heard your biology teacher was left speechless.” Chorong added.

You couldn’t believe what you were hearing right now. You knew Kwangmin wouldn’t help you with anything, instead he would rather blame you and get you scolded and humiliated in front of class.

“Omo. Kwangmin ah annyeong.” Jung Ah greeted brightly as Kwangmin walked right past the three of you.

You snapped out of your thoughts and your eyes followed him as he walked up the staircase to his room.

Maybe I just judged him way too early? Maybe he's not really a jerk after all.