CH. VII

YOUTH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first day of school was over for Yuta, who was more than ecstatic for it to have flew past by. No class seemed too difficult for him, since he was practically the school’s gorgeous genius who’s never had anything lower than a B. He managed to find Johnny afterschool and was happy to find his friend, who he hasn't seen since the sleep over and had ditched him during lunch for his ty campaign for class president. But, he wasn't lonely for long. He decided to look around for Hansol to bother the guy some more into going on a date for him but after failing to do so, he opted to play a game of soccer after being asked, and being soccer captain after all, he couldn’t say no.

"Taeil told me to tell you to back off the campaign," Yuta told his giant friend as they walked down the school’s hallways.

"Seriously?" Johnny laughed, "Aw dude, I was totally roasting him during lunch. You all should've been there man, I ended his life so – "

Yuta wasn’t in particular fond in talking about Taeil any longer as he was still petty for having him stand in his way that he cut Johnny off to ask, “Where was everyone? Doyoung never showed up, Ten went missing…”

“I knew Ten would be no show because something about the fight, but Doyoung? He always comes for like half of lunch.”

Yuta gasped, “Do you think maybe… It had something to do with Jae-“

Yuta wasn't able to finish his sentence when suddenly, the crowd of students started screaming and shoving past each other. The two third years knew exactly what this meant, the students jumping on their friend's back to watch from above the heads, the selfie sticks popping out of nowhere to record the scene, and the teachers being ignored and shoved by the students.

“Oh god…”

"It's a fight!" Yuta said as he ran towards the crowd leaving Johnny behind, who refused to be a bystander because of his image as a candidate for class president.

Yuta fought through the crowd, which was easy because when the students noticed him, they stepped away and let him through. Yuta whipped his phone out when he made it to the front, seeing Johnny had texted him.

Johnny: RECORD HORIZONTALLY YOU FOOL

Yuta noticed there was no actual fight happening now, but unexpectedly it was Taeyong who initiated the fight. It was no wonder why this was made as such a big scene, since Taeyong had become the school's flop and must be trying to redeem himself. He had a student pinned against the locker, his backpack thrown to his side and his jacket off as well.

"Oh my god, that's the new student, Mark Lee."

"What do you think the two are fighting about?”

"Something about stealing his wallet…"

“Why would he do that? Is he trying to get beat up?”

Yuta was marveled overhearing this, because from the looks of Mark Lee, he seemed to just be another average tiny freshman, who had no reason to be stealing people’s wallets. But Yuta learned from Taeyong's examples that looks weren't a trusty first impression to base off someone with.

Suddenly, Taeyong threw Mark to the floor and that's when all the record buttons were clicked. The students started screaming, particularly the dead Taeyong fangirls who left him temporarily to the next hot popular guy before being reeled in after seeing their beloved image of Taeyong wasn't dead. Taeyong stepped on Mark, who cringed in pain. He shook him by the collar, growling profanities to the poor kid.

Taeyong threw the kid back to the ground and kicked him in the stomach, making the other roll to the other side and cry out in pain. The crowd started screaming even more with every fatal blow Taeyong gave the pitiful boy, who helplessly lay on the floor and his face to the floor to hide the tears Yuta supposed.

Finally, after traces and puddles of blood could be seen when Mark tried to crawl away and Taeyong pulling a stop to his fierce beating, the security finally appeared and picked up Mark. A random student threw Taeyong his backpack and he dipped from the scene. After Taeyong ran, all the students followed suit. Yuta, being the soccer captain afterall, was able to get a head start from the rest with his long strides and found Johnny, who ran with him out of the building.

"Did you record it? Who was it?"

"I did, I did!" Yuta said as he dug inside his pocket. But when he didn't feel it inside, he started to panic.

"Did you drop it back there?"

"No, I had it in my hand...?" Yuta mumbled as he fished through all his other pockets to look for his phone, "Maybe I did drop it? What the hell man!"

Johnny frowned, "Goddammit Yuta, you had one job!"

"Shut up and come with me to look for it!"

"Hell no I'm not going back there! I don't want to get caught by the security and be a witness. That's hella messy."

"Come on PREZ, isn't it your job to help your peers?" Yuta bit back.

"Uh, correction, I'm not president yet, therefore it's not my job to. Now excuse me, I have to go home and start drawing posters!"

"I hate you, Seo Johnny. You're useless!"

Johnny shrugged and walked away, spinning his car keys with his finger. Yuta huffed and turned back to enter the school building, that still had students busily try to get out.

 

 

 

Winwin was being pulled by his arm down the hallways by two girls trying to catch up to see the fight their friends had texted them about. Insisting on bringing Winwin for a reason his head was unclear of, he made little effort to fight back. They were girls after all so he couldn’t harm them in anyway. The two girls waved at another group of teenagers, who smiled at Winwin.

"You guys literally just missed it," One of the guys – recognized to be in the football team, laughed at his friends, casually wrapping his arms around the girls' waist. Winwin gulped, looking away with his body tensing at how uncomforting it was to watch the three flirt shamelessly in front of him.

"Maybe we can have a bit of Mark as well," One of the other jocks smiled as he cracked his knuckles and led the way.

Winwin spoke up, "I think I should-"

Winwin was unable to finish his sentence before the same two girls interrupted him with their blabbering and pulled him away once again. Taking a sharp turn, Winwin took the quick opportunity to pull his arm off of their grip and step away from the group.

"Winwin...?"

"Uh, sorry, I forgot... Something, that I need to get..."

"Oh okay, we'll wait for you in front of the school then." One of the girls smiled before turning back to follow her friends.

Winwin hoped he'd get away from them as soon as possible. They've been dragging him everywhere with him since lunch, and because of that, he failed to find Kun. He promised Kun to meet him during lunch and while he was so busy fearing Kun wouldn't hang out with him, he turned out to be the one who did. He didn't do it purposely, but now he was afraid Kun thought so. He was more than ashamed with himself – he couldn't fathom the idea of how upset Kun would be at him. He didn't want to make his best friend suffer in any way, and surely he didn't want his friend to be alone either. He had to hurry and find his friend, even if it meant running to his house in this intense summer heat.

Peering close to another sharp turn, Winwin was able to stop on his steps seconds before when he heard several voices coming from down the hallway. He peaked his head behind the corner to see who it was, surprised to see Hansol hovering over another boy, who he couldn't recognize in the school, but was casually sitting in the middle of the hallway as he stretched his limbs. A security stood beside them, ignoring his calls on the walkie-talkie.

"Really Taeyong, your fists are super weak. Were they even convinced?" Mark called out to the empty hallway.

A door glided open and Taeyong appeared, with a lint roller going through his blazer uniform jacket and pants. The older scoffed and helped Mark up, handing him an extra handkerchief so he could help the other wipe off the hot sauce they used to lie about the blood.

"I wasn't trying to hurt you," Taeyong lied, but Mark didn't know he was so he believed it and marveled in amazement over how cool the third year was.

Mark scoffed but smiled anyway at him, laughing at how Taeyong’s swings felt like a baby’s hand slapping you. Maybe even softer – but Mark was still naïve to believe every word that came out Taeyong’s mouth. In actuality, Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter