CH. XXVIII

YOUTH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Taeyong had finished recounting his past to Mark, an elongated silence followed suit. The rustling of the leaves nearby blowing through the fall wind and nearby traffic was all that filled the quietness between the two boys. Then the young Canadian boy finally spoke, after everything had settled and processed in his head, and his thoughts weren't jumbled and lost in his head.

"So... You've liked Ten since middle school?"

Taeyong flushed red and nodded.

"I can't believe all this time you liked him," Mark raved on, "You really had me convinced that you hated him for the longest. So why did you act like you hated him?"

"... It's complicated," Taeyong muttered.

Mark sighed, understanding that Taeyong probably didn't know the exact answer to that either. Still, it didn't kill his curiosity. If Taeyong liked Ten for as long as he says, why was he finally making a move? Just as he's about to graduate and leave Ten behind. It seemed like time wasn't in their favor.

"You know, the way you guys met was kinda crazy. It makes sense why Ten likes you so suddenly! Everything about you guys is spontaneous."

"Does it matter now, though?" Taeyong muttered, "He doesn't even remember and now, he doesn't want anything to do with me."

"Why doesn't he remember that?" Mark furrowed his brows, "He says he hated you a long time. I'm pretty sure anyone could recognize the person they hate quickly."

"I have no idea," Taeyong sighed, "But how is any of this going to help me from fixing things with him? I'm positive he doesn't want to be with me anymore..."

Mark suddenly asked the elder a question that startled him, "But do you want to be with him?"

Taeyong shrugged, "I... I guess so."

Mark shook his head, "You won't be able to fix anything if you're unsure like this. That's what Ten is talking about. You aren't certain about anything! Do you want to be with him?"

"Y-Yes."

"And be his boyfriend?"

"Yes."

"Forever?"

"Yes."

"Then? Why are you so hesitant to answer the question? Is it... Hansol?"

Taeyong shook his head, "It's not..."

He stopped speaking when he noticed the look on Mark's face. He knew better than he did. But why was Hansol interfering so bad? He didn't feel anything for Hansol, at least, not the same way he felt when he was around Ten. So why was he so concerned over his friend? It was beginning to irritate him that he couldn't even understand his own emotions.

"Maybe, just a bit..."

"If you're afraid Hansol will leave you, don't be. Hansol's a loyal friend."

"I know he is, it's just..." Taeyong sighed, "Hard to explain."

"You know how I said having a crush on two people is okay?"

Taeyong nodded.

"I take it back. It's not helping. You need to make a decision now. Ten or Hansol?"

"I want to be with Ten, I told you..." Taeyong began to blush for having to repeat it again. But he felt guilty that he had to keep reminding himself that.

"Then you're going to have to let Hansol go."

"I don't want to hurt anyone anymore," Taeyong mumbled, "I don't want to be alone again."

"You have to believe in your friends a bit more, Taeyong... They won't leave you. But you're going to have to give up one of them if you mean dating. U-Unless you get them to agree to a polyamorous relationship b-but t-that's a bit – "

"I don't want that," Taeyong nudged Mark for even considering that, "I want... Ten."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes," Taeyong said, "I need Ten."

"Then you need to let go of Hansol first," Mark said.

"I know..." Taeyong said more softly, "I know."

"Is that it?" Mark nudged Taeyong, "You 'know'?"

"I will," Taeyong reaffirmed himself, "I'm going to stop hurting Ten. I'm going to make him smile one day, I hope so."

"That's much better!" Mark patted his back, "If you think about it, you'll also be helping Hansol lots by doing this. You'll finally move on and date Ten like you always wanted to, while Hansol finds love himself!"

"I don't want him with Yuta," Taeyong said with a cold tone, "My opinion about that hasn't changed. Whether he's more than a friend or not, they aren't fit together. Not until Yuta tells him the truth."

"R-Right... I guess I forgot about that," Mark glanced over at Taeyong and saw the frustrated look on his face, "But... Are you sure this... Disapproval has nothing to do with you liking him?"

"I don't like Hansol," Taeyong said, "I like Ten. And it has never been a choice between them. It has always been Ten."

"That's more like it!" Mark smiled and patted Taeyong's shoulder, "I know one day, you'll see him smile at you again."

 

 

Jaehyun had been trailing Yuta without him noticing, slowly coming close to him. When he was a safe distance, he called out his name.

"Yuta!"

The boy instantly stopped and turned around, a small smile forming before it fell when he realized it was just Jaehyun. Yuta sighed and mumbled something to himself, raising an eyebrow from Jaehyun.

"What do you want?"

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Jaehyun chuckled a bit, ignoring the other's question.

"I'm talking to myself just in case there are any cameras recording me like a drama and they need to catch my inner monologue out loud."

"Oh, right, of course. And what did you say?"

"Can this ugly off and leave me alone?"

Jaehyun scowled at him, "Hey... Listen, I'm not here to go off on you like Johnny did. I came because I need to ask you something."

"Oh, great. What can this question be? Let me guess, why are you such a ? Why are you defending Taeyong, your arch nemesis? What happened to you and you mom that you aren't telling us? I'm not telling you ."

"It's none of those," Jaehyun said, "To be honest... I could care less about any of those questions. Do you love Hansol?"

Yuta's eyes widened and he smacked Jaehyun's chest.

"What the hell?!"

"What the hell, dude?!" Jaehyun said the same time as Yuta, "Why'd you do that for?"

"F-For saying something so ridiculous!"

Yuta turned around on his feet and began to walk away. Jaehyun smirked and chased after Yuta, "You brought it up yourself. 'He knows I'm bad for him,' 'if you knew anything you wouldn't say ,' You totally exposed yourself! You talk to him, don't you?"

"What the hell are you saying?" Yuta snapped at him.

"The truth! I've played that game before, have you forgotten I've slept with over half the people at this school?"

"And that's something you think Doyoung would be proud to hear?" Yuta snarled at him.

"T-That's not important," Jaehyun said as he stopped Yuta from walking any further, "Come on, just between the two of us. You've been talking to Hansol. That's why you're gone all the time and never tell us where you're at!"

"S-Shut up!" Yuta rose his fists to smack Jaehyun again but Jaehyun gasped and started laughing hysterically.

"You should really see your face! You're SO red!"

"S-Shut the up, you damn man !" Yuta snapped as he started walking ahead of him again.

"Oh, you aren't getting rid of me yet," Jaehyun jogged over to catch up to him, "I need to hear it from your mouth."

Yuta looked away with puffed cheeks, his lips twitching as if he really wanted to explode and tell him everything. Jaehyun watched with the utmost attention he has ever given to anyone besides Doyoung.

"W-We've talked... A bit."

Jaehyun started howling like a damn pack wolf and started jumping all over Yuta.

"I knew it! I knew it!" Jaehyun suddenly stopped, "Doyoung suspected it too. I have to tell him he's right!"

Jaehyun began to pull out his phone but Yuta snatched it out of his hand and held it out to the ongoing traffic. Jaehyun gasped and shook his head, "D-Don't do it!"

"Then keep your mouth shut or else I'll throw your phone into this traffic and tell Doyoung all about your thotty tales during the summer."

"F-Fine, fine..." Jaehyun said, "You have my word."

"Let's shake on it," Yuta held out his free hand, "And no crossies."

Jaehyun shook on it like a man, Yuta handing his phone back after a few minutes of walking in silence.

"How is he?" Jaehyun asked as he put his phone back into his pocket.

"Hansol?" Yuta began to blush unavoidably, "He's... Fine, I guess."

Jaehyun smirked and nudged Yuta harder, "Aw, come on. Spill it. Is it true? Are shy kids actually the kinkiest?"

"W-We haven't done anything!" Yuta blushed even more and got a little too excited at the thought of it because Jaehyun started teasing his tent down there.

The two stopped at a park and took a seat on a table, Yuta glancing over at the bridge Hansol had stopped him at. Jaehyun looked over at wherever he was staring and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is Hansol over there?"

"Can't I breathe in peace without it having to do with anything about him?" Yuta muttered.

Jaehyun scoffed, "You blew us off for a whole month for this guy. I think you know yourself you can't."

Yuta rolled his eyes because he knew he was right. Then glancing over to the bridge again, he shyly admitted to Jaehyun.

"W-We kissed..." Yuta mumbled, "Over there."

He pointed at the bridge he was staring at and Jaehyun started howling like a damn savage man again. Yuta smacked the top of his head and hushed him to keep quiet so the crackheads around them don't get any funny ideas. Jaehyun got the message and leaned closer to Yuta to whisper to him.

"Was it freaky?"

"S-Stop being a ing nasty !" Yuta snapped at him as he pushed his face away, "It wasn't even a real kiss. It lasted less than a second."

"He kissed you?" Jaehyun gasped.

"N.... N...Nyes. Yes, he did," Yuta lied. He couldn't hurt his pride any more than he had already. He'll apologize to Hansol later.

"Was it your guys' first time?"

"Y... Y... YeNO."

"Liar!" Jaehyun called him out, "You were the one who kissed him! You're so weak. How can you even consider that a kiss?"

"I-I didn't want to kiss him, it was just reflexes!" Yuta scrambled to explain himself, "And I made him uncomfortable so I'm not doing it again."

Jaehyun widened his eyes, "Woah... You actually have a conscious. You're... Serious about him."

"No, I'm not!" Yuta banged his fists on the table, "I just know personal boundaries, unlike you."

"You're actually into this guy!"

"No, I'm not!" Yuta snapped back, "I just want his !"

"AND HIS HEART!" Jaehyun rose his voice even louder, "You don't want to him, you want to make love to him!"

"What's the ing difference?! His will still be inside me! W-Wait, no, MY will be inside him, not the other way around – "

"You're a ing bottom and you know it!"

"Hansol can't even ask for ketchup at McDonald's, how the hell is he going to be able to break my apart?!"

A mother with her child passed by and glared at the two, covering the infant's ears as the two teenage boys went off about and hearts in the middle of a public park. The two boys calmed down and lowered their voices.

"Have you guys gone on dates?" Jaehyun asked with a calmer voice with the same excitement driving it.

Yuta shook his head, "NO, NO, NO! Not... Yet."

"Well how is his ever going to go inside you if you don't ask him out?"

"MY inside him. And..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter