CH. V

YOUTH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong bent down to pick up the book he dropped, not noticing Ten had done the same. He reached down to pick up the book but the shorter boy beat him to it just by a second. A second too late that Taeyong's eyes didn't process Ten's hand already over the book that his reflexes reached down to the book to lift it as well. He was confused as to why he felt skin instead of the paperback book torn with its cover hanging barely and the string holding the pages together clinging onto itself. He flinched, pulling his hand away but not before Ten's lips forced themselves on his own.

Taeyong's eyes widened that he was scared that they might pop out their sockets. His hand stayed frozen in the air, with Ten's hand crumbling a page of the book nervously as his lips gloss over the older's own. The kiss didn't last very long – that the younger wasn't sure he would even consider it a kiss since he simply slammed his lips on the other's for a millisecond before retracting back, afraid that Taeyong's OCD might trigger him to backhand Ten's neck and prove him wrong about his noodle body strength.

Ten leans away, hastily lifting himself up so he could avoid eye contact. He couldn't believe he did that – being so caught up in the moment and his pubescent fantasies, he literally slammed lips with his worst enemy yet again. He awkwardly cleared his voice when he saw from his peripheral vision Taeyong lift himself up as well, who was excessively dusting himself off.

Before Taeyong could have a word with him, the principal and Ten's mother appeared and the teenagers scrambled to seem calm and composed, despite both of them flushed from ears to cheeks and their hearts beating against their chest. Ten pretended to skim through the line of junk (he means books) meanwhile Taeyong read the same book he had picked up, leaning on the book shelf casually. The two adults seemed to not have suspected anything, or they were either really good at hiding it.

"Do you all know what you have to do for the next few weeks?" The principal asked them.

Ten nodded, "Yes sir."

The principal glanced over at Taeyong to hear his response, but seeing the boy so immersed in the book (that was upside down the entire time) he decided not to press any further. He left the two teenagers alone and took Ten's mother to her out the building. But before he did, Ten's mother reached for her son and pulled him away for a second. Ten groaned at his mother's grip pinching his arm, shaking her off when she stopped far away from the other two. The principle seemed to be discussing something with Taeyong, who seemed disinterested in whatever he had to say. Ten's mother smacked Ten's arm to get his attention back to her and firmly said. 

"You still remember what I told you, right?" 

"What?" Ten asked, "O-Oh, yeah."

"I really mean it Ten. Taeyong is bad news, you should try your best to stay away from him at all costs." 

"... Why do you speak about him in that way?" Ten hesitantly asked, because although he was the least of Taeyong's friend or even considered him in the slightest bearable, he couldn't ignore the fact that now Taeyong carried this new alluring attraction to him that he could't explain. He spent years hating Taeyong's guts that he didn't know why all of a sudden, after these turn of events, he was so invested in Taeyong. 

He didn't want his mother to speculate or assume anything furthur so he added, "I hate Taeyong. For like four years, mom. I know more than you think to stay away from that dude."

His mother shrugged, "Mother instinct I suppose. When I look at Taeyong, I just get this uneasy feeling but I can't recall why. Maybe I'll remember later, but I have to really leave now. I have a meeting to attend today, so I won't be home until 10 again. You'll be fine on your own right?"

"Eh, I might stay over Johnny's place tonight." 

His mother nodded, not really invested in what her son did. Now that he was a recognizable figure it was too hard to understand him and his shenanigans. She only knew Johnny among the millions of 'friends' Ten had, and was content with only knowing him. She was a busy woman and never really had time for her kids overall. 

Taeyong noticed he was holding the book upside down so he casually shut it and placed it down on the counter so the principal wouldn't notice yet. Although the principal had but decided not to mention it, he didn't want to dig deeper than he had to. Noticing Taeyong's flushed face, he couldn't help his curiosity, despite knowing the possibilty of it is school innaproriate. 

"You okay?" The principal asked. He spoke casually to Taeyong instead of how he would with every other student. He was close to Taeyong because of Hansol, and Taeyong was a regular visitor of the office that he grew exceptionally close to him. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Taeyong mumbled, his eyes rapidly scanning the floor because of his nerves. 

"I don't want to have you do this but I kinda have to. Did you see Mrs. Lee? She's a woman I don't want to mess with." 

"Yeah, I noticed." Taeyong cleared his throat, "Hansol warned me about coming here but I was too late."

The principal chuckled, "He still really hates me." 

Taeyong shook his head, "He doesn't hate you… He's just being a little brother. That's it."

"But he hasn't spoken to me at all. I talk to him all the time, but - Oh, you are back!" The principal smiled at Mrs. Lee approaching them. Taeyong sat up straight and stiff, intimidated by his mother and the uncomfortable glares she gave him. Ten stood beside his mother, scrolling through his phone absentmindedly. 

"I guess we'll leave you two kids to work now." The principal said before he walked off with Mrs. Lee to her out. 

When the two adults were gone, Taeyong turned to Ten who had plopped down on the ground to go through his phone. He kicked Ten's hip and walked off, scrubbing his lips in disgust with the memory of Ten earlier. 

"What the hell is your problem?"  Ten snapped.

Ten glared at Taeyong's back. He acts as if this is the first time and that if it wasn't for him starting it, this whole bewildering sudden attraction Ten felt towards Taeyong wouldn't exist. Somehow, it felt more as if Taeyong did him a favor. It was less sweet than the first time, with the memory of Taeyong's tongue exploring every deep crevice in Ten's mouth and alluring passion singed into his head. This "kiss," if you could even consider calling it that, was too short and bland. Ten wanted more. He wanted what his heart was anticipating.

"I did you a favor!" Ten said as he sat up straight and skipped over to Taeyong who was skimming through the line of books and walking to the next aisle. 

"What kind of favor?" Taeyong mumbled, "You're just disgusting."

Ten scoffed, "You know you liked it. I've been told my lips are irresistible."

Taeyong rolled his eyes, "You are going to trust what your fans say over the internet? They haven't even met you in real life."

Ten gasped, "Hey! I warned you not to bring my fans into this. Or do you want me to beat your again?"

Taeyong stood silent, not trying to provoke Ten any further and end up with a worse bruised face than now. Ten smiled proudly, standing beside Taeyong and taking it on his own to taunt the older even furthur. 

"Taeyong~ Taeyong~ Taeyong~"

"Shut up...!" Taeyong whisper yelled, pinching the bridge of his nose and walking off. Facing away from Ten, his fingers grazing over his lips one last time before spotting a recognizable figure in the distance. He frowned, running back to the cart to pick up some books to appear busy.

Taeyong crashed into Ten again, stumbling over the other and appeared to be pinning Ten against the wall of book shelves. Ten shriveled under the other in fear of what just happened because all he could remember was something pushing him roughly on his side, like a tall concrete brick.  

Ten looked up to see Taeyong's face in close proximity, and tempted again before Taeyong fixed himself away from Ten, muttering an apology before jumping at the sound of the librarian's scratchy voice. 

“What are you doing?!” The old crusty librarian yelled, “Disgusting kids!”

 The librarian snapped at them as she dragged the cart full of books to them and pealed Taeyong off of Ten, basically throwing him to the side and he was lucky to have been thrown to the book shelves instead of the floor.

“So you have time to canoodle but not to work, huh? Expect more time because of this, you crazy kids!”

“B-But we weren’t – “ Ten tried his best to explain himself but she didn’t take any excuses.

She yelled, “Get to work, now!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter