CH. X

YOUTH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny has many reasons to be qualified as class president.

He was tall, handsome, good looking, tall, cute, and tall. And to be class president, you obviously have to be tall enough for it. But of course, Taeil didn't agree with that sort of logic coming from Johnny's head, which the older excused as impractical in every shape and form. How does someone's height have to do with anything with being allegeable?

Taeil stood a distance away from the tall tower that was running against him in the school presidency, watching him closely trying to figure out how he managed to be put up against someone the likes of him. It made sense to assume the other stood no chance against an intellectual like himself, until he saw the current votes. He was losing against Seo Johnny, a dumb bimbo who still doesn't know how to divide numbers with decimals!

Taeil hid away when he saw Yuta turn to look his direction, clenching his chest heavily in fear that perhaps he saw him. But after a few seconds, possibly minutes standing against the wall with his heart beating rapidly and his eyes squeezed shut as if it made luck any better, he opened them and cringed at the sudden brightness. He sighed in relief when he saw the coast was clear, and turned back to look down the hallway where his rival stood, jumping back when his eyesight was only bombarded by a chest with the name tag stuck on the uniform blazer that read 'Seo Johnny.'

"What the he-" Taeil squeaked out when he tried not to fall to the floor, stumbling a few seconds before he felt an arm balance his stance.

He looked up and saw Johnny coolly have a hand stuffed in his trousers while the other held his arm to catch him from falling, staring down at the other with a smug look that almost had Taeil regurgitate his lunch.

"O-Oh, Johnny..." Taeil mumbled, clearing his throat right after when he sensed it drying up.

"What brings you here, vice prez?" Johnny asked as he let go of Taeil's arm once he saw the boy had recovered from the startle of his presence.

Taeil thought hastily of what excuse to make, but when he realized he's used all his good ones earlier this week when Johnny caught him eavesdropping he started to panic. He took a deep breath and simply shrugged his shoulders when he felt time was running out and said, "I was looking for someone."

"Oh yeah?" Johnny smirks as he looks around the vacant hallways, where his other friends had disappeared, "Have you found them?"

"Nope."

Taeil's response is instant and robotic. He can start to feel his palms get sweaty behind his back as he fears Johnny's suspicion had reached its limit, taking another shaky breath before saying, "I need to go back to looking for them. Now, excuse me-"

Taeil walked away from Johnny but felt a tug on his shoulders pull him back, twirling him around to look back at the tall fellow, whose gaze struck Taeil as mocking. He glared at the other who still had the annoying smirk plastered on his face.

"I'll help you look."

"You don't have to, thank you."

"What do you mean? It's easier to find a person if four eyes are looking. How do they look like?"

Taeil looks around hastily as he tries to pick out any face to describe until in the end of the hall, he sees someone exit a classroom and smiles. He pushes Johnny to the side and starts jogging over to the stranger.

"I found you!" Taeil calls out to the first year, who turns to look over at the shorter third year. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion but doesn't have a chance to comprehend the situation when the third year suddenly yanks his arm away to follow him out of the building.

"Taeil!" Johnny calls out as he starts jogging over.

Taeil starts walking faster but it's hard with the fighting boy, who is pulling the other the opposing direction. Taeil takes a sharp turn and swings the boy forward. He grabs the boy's collar and whispers to the startled younger boy, "Go along with it or else I'll throw you off the roof, kiddo."

The younger takes a deep gulp and hesitantly nods, his eyes turning to look behind Taeil and he loosens his grip on his collar. He pretends to be dusting his uniform and plasters a fake smile that's almost sickening to see to the first year after the verbal attack. Taeil then turns around to see Johnny again and bites his lip to keep himself from screeching.

"Johnny, why are you here? Shouldn't you be leaving?" Taeil says boldly as he steps back away from the taller boy, who towers the both of them.

"I didn't think we were done talking?" Johnny says as he turns to look at the first year, whos's struggling to keep a straight face, "Who's your friend, Taeil? I'm surprised you even have one."

Taeil rolls his eyes and takes the first year's hand, "Yes, he's my friend."

"What's his name?"

"His... Name?" Taeil mumble as he tries to glance at the others name tag, but by the angle he's standing at makes it hard for him to tell, "His name is... Why don't you tell Johnny your name, yeah?"

Taeil smiles at the first year, patting the other's back but pinching it to pressure the other to listen to him. The first year smiles through the pain and turns to look at Johnny, but the other beats him to speak.

"I asked you to tell me, Taeil. Isn't that a little rude?"

"Yeah, isn't that rude?" The first year agrees, glaring at Taeil a bit and he gulps in desperation and fear for the sense of betrayal his gut gives him.

Taeil smiles but its twitchy and nods, "I just call him... Haechan, because he's cute."

The first year turns to look at the third year grotesquely and Johnny snorts.

"Come on Taeil, aren't you being a little extra? Can't you just admit you were stalking me?"

"But I wasn't," Taeil's response is instant and robotic again.

Johnny laughs and nudges Taeil harshly as if he's purposely trying to inflict pain on him, "So you're just coincidentally everywhere I go hiding behind a bush or a wall?"

"Yes."

Johnny snickers at Taeil's simple and abrupt answer, enjoying the simplicity and stubbornness of the other. Johnny pushes him further, "So are you going to tell me again that you were just looking for someone if I ask you again?"

"N... No," Taeil glances over at the first year who seems to be taking pleasure of the scene playing out in front of him, "I-I've already found him."

The first year scoffs and shakes Taeil's arm that still happened to be pinching him and groans, "I don't understand what's going on here exactly but I don't know you!"

Taeil screams internally but lies even further, "Of course you don't! I was sent to tell you something-"

"Taeil, you don't have to lie anymore! You can just tell me you love me already," Johnny smirks as he steps closer to the shorter boy, nudging him suggestively. Taeil instinctively steps back and suddenly speaks back with his voice raised and his restraints reaching the end.

"This isn't about love!" Taeil snaps, "It's anything but love! I don't know how someone like you could be winning against me! It doesn't make sense, it's not logical, it's rigged-"

"You're just going to have to accept reality. We find out who's president after school, don't we?"

"Y-Yes..." Taeil mutters bitterly, refusing to accept this awful truth.

"Then there's no reason to be petty over it. You worked hard but not hard enough. Life when you don't' win, doesn't it?"

Taeil squeezes his fist shut and suddenly his words spill out his mouth before he lets himself think of it first, "You don't even care about the school, or the purpose of it all! You're just running so it can boost and reassure your popularity. But you know what? That's all pointless after high school! You're still sad and irrelevant in the big world who serves no real purpose in society other than being a nuisance and another helpless body to feed."

With that explosive of unorganized emotions and impatience, Taeil walked away and this time, Johnny didn't chase after him.

Johnny simply watched the older boy walk down the halls, his stomps becoming decreasingly softer the further down and smaller he got. The first year glanced over at Taeil, who slammed the door open and disappeared from the building. The first year chuckles at the strange drama and walks away, leaving Johnny stranded in the hallway.

"What the hell, man?" Johnny mumbles under his breath as he pushes his hair out his face and walks back to where his friends should be. He didn't understand why he felt as if he lost, or why he felt bad about himself afterwards. 
 

Johnny stumbled upon Yuta wandering around the hallways and he walked over to the other, frowning at the other as he asked, "What's wrong with you dude? You look creepy pacing around like that."

Yuta turned over to Johnny and smiled, "You won't believe what just happened."

"What?"

"Deadass Jaehyun came to find Doyoung here after being sent. I'm like 99.9% sure it was Taeyong who told him to but anyway - He pulled Doyoung away and took him god knows where, and now I'm trying to find them. Help me!"

"Damn Taeyong's petty as hell too. Where do you think they would have gone?"

"No idea but you look to the right and I look in the left."

Johnny shrugs in agreement and walks beside Yuta, who's being his typical noisy self. After a few minutes of murmuring coming from the other, he decides to end the silence and asks out of curiosity, "So you looked for Hansol during second?"

"H-Huh?" Yuta chokes out as he turns to Johnny but quickly turns away when he sees Johnny looking back at him, "Oh, uh, yeah."

"How'd that go?" Johnny asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity seeing his friend behave strangely. He was avoiding eye contact and his mouth was twitching oddly as if he was suppressing a smile or possibly, words.

"I didn't find him," Yuta answered simply.

"," Johnny says and the conversation stops there when Johnny gets the sense the conversation won't go any further.

"Look!!" Yuta whisper yells at Johnny as he steps back and pulls Johnny to hide behind the staircase.

From where they can see, Jaehyun has Doyoung stopped from walking up the stairs, his hands looking to hold his but Doyoung refuses to let him by stepping away.

"What are you doing here? Why did you pull me away?" Doyoung asks as Jaehyun steps closer.

Jaehyun smiles and pulls Doyoung closer to him by tugging the sleeves of his blazer, his arm grabbing his wrist to keep him close and not push away, "I heard you had something to tell me?"

"W-What??"

Jaehyun smiles as he closes the gap between them further, looking down endearingly at the other as his other hand takes his hand and holds it, "I know how shy you are to express your feelings so I won't force you to tell me. But know that I feel the same, and that's why..."

Jaehyun's voice drifted off and he tilted his head, leaning in and his hand previously holding his wrists take hold of his cheeks instead, tilting Doyoung's head while doing so. He his lips a bit as the gap between them come closer to closing, and Doyoung stays frozen in place, his hands awkwardly clenching his trousers as he stares at Jaehyun's face come closer and closer. Doyoung takes a deep breath, taking a half step back before feeling something soft and luscious on his lips, almost unnoticed by him until Jaehyun's hands move from his jawline to his hair, combing through it gently so he didn't tug his hair. His lips never press against his and kiss him legitimately, only hovering over his, as if he's waiting for Doyoung's permission for him to press his lips deeper against his own.

Doyoung, flustered and startled, takes his sweaty palms to grip Jaehyun's blazer, and his muscles seem to oddly struggle on what to do. His head is telling him to push him away, meanwhile his heart tells him to pull him closer.

Before his head and heart could make one decision, Jaehyun sighs and steps away, letting Doyoung's hands fall back to his sides. Doyoung stands, stunned and frozen as he stares at the ground he's standing on, afraid to look up because he didn't want any other misunderstandings. 

He was happy Jaehyun stopped, but upset that he did. He's happy he felt Jaehyun's lips after years but disappointed in himself for letting him do it in the first place. He felt fragile and weak, yet strong and powerful all at the same time. It was emotionally draining to not understand and process his emotions, that kept contradicting themselves.

"Uh, s-sorry..." Jaehyun mumbled, "I know you didn't want that, so my bad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter