CH. XXVI

YOUTH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally the end of a very seemingly long day for Mark. The last bell rang and he was grabbing his belongings rather slowly, still unable to forget Ten's "advice," or how things turned out for him and Taeyong. He couldn't ignore his curiosity to how his help had gone for him. Taeyong wasn't so difficult once you knew the real side of him; the soft, timid mother in disguise. And thinking of Taeyong, he remembered he had forgotten to tell Taeyong about Hansol, or lack thereof. He pulled his backpack on and doing so, had the backpack hit the side of someone.

"Still petty?" An annoying voice rang in his ear.

"About what?" Mark bit back as he turned around to look at Donghyuck who was rubbing his shoulder.

"Do you carry rocks in there?" Donghyuck muttered as he glared at his backpack.

"Do you carry anything?" Mark snapped back as he glanced at the thin ½ inch binder on his desk.

Before Donghyuck could retaliate, the teacher called him over to his desk. Mark sighed in relief and began grabbing his book off the table and walking away when he heard his name called out. He stopped hesitantly, not too sure if it was his head playing games or he actually heard his teacher say his name.

"Mark?"

He gulped. He wasn't in trouble, was he? He walked over to his desk, nodding his head, "Y-Yes...?"

Donghyuck snorted, making the teacher glare at the other and sigh. He then began fiddling around with his papers before speaking, "I know this is rather... Abrupt, but you're the only A+ student I have in this class, and I know it's a long shot considering both of your relationship in the classroom but... What do you think about tutoring Donghyuck?"

"What?!" The two simultaneously blurt out.

"He can't tutor me!"

"I can't tutor him!"

The teacher sighed and took off his glasses, pinching his bridge before putting them back on. Donghyuck and Mark glared at each other until the teacher cleared his throat to call for their attention again. He tried his best to explain to the boys and win them over.

"Donghyuck, at this rate you're far from even getting a D in this class. And if I give you community service hours for it Mark, it'll be helping the both of you."

"I'd rather repeat this year than have him tutor me," Donghyuck muttered under his breath.

The teacher turned to Mark with pleading eyes. It seemed like even he couldn't handle Donghyuck anymore.

"Mark, please?"

Mark glanced at Donghyuck and then back at the teacher. Donghyuck gasped, "You're actually considering it?!"

Mark sighed, he did need hours under his belt. And Ten's voice was ringing in his ear. Use him. Just use him.

"Can I talk to Donghyuck in private?" Mark asked the teacher.

The teacher nodded his head and relaxed in his chair as the two boys walked out of the room. Donghyuck slammed the door shut, "What the hell dude?!"

"Listen to me," Mark spoke over him, "I know putting the effort to pass is scary, but do this solid for me for once, please. I'll help you "study" and you help me – "

"I see what you're doing," Donghyuck scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest, "I can't believe you."

"Just hear me out," Mark frowned, "I know. I know. This is ridiculous but I can't find any other way. I help you pass and you help me out with Jaemin."

"Jae – what?!" Donghyuck snorted, "You're still with that? Didn't I tell you there's no chance?"

Mark shook his head, "Shut it. Just, please? You won't have to put any effort in this and your grade will raise. I'll give you the answers to everything and do your homework and – "

"You're seriously that desperate for Jaemin just to notice you," Donghyuck snapped his tongue, "But you know what? I have nothing better to watch then you get rejected."

Mark smiled, "You're down?!"

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and began opening the door but Mark managed to slip in a cocky, "I can be helpful."

The sun kissed boy scoffed and opened the door to enter, calling out to the teacher, "We'll do it."

 

 

 

"Seriously, Yuta? Are you really fine?"

"I told you guys for like the thousandth time, nothing happened," Yuta sighs as he walks between Jaehyun and Doyoung, who haven't left his side since they saw him, making it even more difficult to go find Hansol.

His friends exchanged glances at each other, clearly not buying it, and asked again, "Are you – "

"Can you guys shut the up?!" Yuta snaps, "I need to go to ing practice."

Yuta walks away from his stunned friends, completely unaware of all the eyes glancing at him. Word had got around about his mom attacking the office and even more so, how ing terrifying she was. Yuta didn't like to think of his mom in that sort of light – because duh, she's his mom – but right now, just as much as she didn't want to look at him, he didn't either. She jeopardized his chances with Hansol for good.

He got to the lockers and his teammates were all hesitate to greet him seeing how irritated he looked already. He threw his backpack off somewhere and almost tore his clothes off his body, everyone afraid to pass by him in fear of getting swatted on the head.

"If you aren't ready in 15 seconds, everyone gets five sets of bleachers!" Yuta abruptly shouted as he walked out the locker room.

He could hear the franticness coming from the locker room but he could care less. He walked off to the field and began stretching, seeing his teammates one by one run out of the room. Ironically, he wasn't even keeping time anymore.

"Coach is late so we'll begin stretching without him," Yuta announces to his team, "Two laps around the field, go!"

His team's cheers were less hyped than usual. They all slowly took off rather than in a haste, and Yuta followed behind them as the slowest. He was so angry but so tired he couldn't even take out his frustration out with exercise. And his teammates were beginning to see him as unstable and it was pissing him the hell off even more.

As he ran behind them all, he saw someone entering the bleachers, his head hung low and body shrunken down to hide his height. Yuta bit back his smile and glanced over at his team, who seemingly haven't noticed their captain missing, then back at the bleachers, seeing Hansol was taking a short cut from the large crowd exiting the gates to the teacher's parking. He turned his heel around and began chasing Hansol.

"Hansol!" Yuta called out when it seemed to be only them.

The said boy's name stopped walking, turning around to see Yuta jogging over to him – in a tight compression shirt revealing his thin waist, sweatpants that sat smugly on his hips, and hair pushed back from the sweat, glistening on his sun kissed skin. Hansol blinked a few times to refocus his head and quit staring, hoping Yuta didn't notice him completely eyeball the other like a meal. He was right after all, there was no way of getting Yuta out of his head, especially looking like that.

"Why weren't you in class today?" Yuta asked, still trying to catch his breath.

"I wasn't feeling so well," Hansol tries to make up an excuse, and of course Yuta – always being slightly gullible – believes it.

"Why?" The other steps closer to him out of worry, "What's wrong?"

"I-I feel fine now," Hansol feels his face warm up a bit, "Just a headache..."

Yuta sighs in relief, " you scared me, but I'm glad you're feeling better. So, you're leaving home to rest, right~?"

Hansol can't help but chuckle a bit at the younger's shy, cute tone, "Yes, I will. And you're staying for practice?"

Yuta sighed, "Yup, in this awful heat. Can you believe it was raining just a few days ago? I hate this damn weather."

The taller boy nodded in agreement. The weather really needed to make a decision on whether fall will start acting like it is or not.

"Make sure to stay hydrated."

Yuta smiled at the other, "So do you."

Hansol felt himself begin to blush again, glancing around their surroundings, realizing himself they were all alone. He had to admit it himself that he always wondered how great it’d be if they didn’t have to hide like this. He could imagine how relieving it'll be for Yuta to not make the extra efforts to keep it hidden as well. It was a shame the first time they would be seen together in public would be the last, all thanks to his dumb words he trusted too much in.

"Were you okay yesterday?" Hansol asked him.

Yuta groaned, "I'd rather not talk about my crazy mother."

Hansol shyly nodded, "I know... I was asking about... Never mind."

Yuta's eyes widened, "What were you talking about then? Tell me!"

"A-Ah, no... It's kinda... It's nothing."

"Hansol, you can't just do that to me," Yuta argued, "If you don't tell me now, I won't ever stop asking."

The taller boy sighed heavily, fiddling with the ends of his shirt out of nerves again before taking a deep breath to say, "I felt like I said things that really hurt you. I just wanted to see if you were feeling better."

Yuta froze for a moment, recalling Hansol's words. To be honest, he didn't have much space in his head to think and process much of their conversation after they departed. He had even forgotten that Hansol agreed to going to homecoming with him. But with all the space in his head to think of him again, he suddenly wished he didn't. If it was any other case, he would be leaping of joy for getting Hansol to agree to it. The day was coming quickly, most likely the last day he'll ever spend his free time with someone who makes his life seem so worth it. He knew there was little chance Hansol had changed his mind about it. The boy was pitiful enough of him to give him that one special night. He just wished he had said more. Anything to keep him for longer.

"Yuta??"

"O-Oh, sorry about that... I was just thinking... That I should probably get back," Yuta stuttered through his words, a dead giveaway that he wasn't apologizing to Hansol, but to himself.

"But – "

"I'll talk to you later, yeah?" Yuta's voice wavered as he began stepping back, "Get home safe. Bye Hansol."

Yuta jogged off, leaving Hansol stranded there watching the back of him become smaller and then disappear. He sighed, his head debating on something that whatever choice he made, would regret. He pulled out his phone, sending a quick text to his sister, as he began walking back to the bleachers.

Hansol: im coming home late today

 

 

 

Taeil had just come out of the shower when he was greeted by Johnny, whose hand was leaning against the wall as he struggled to put his shoes on. He threw the towel he was drying his hair with over his head and approached him, grabbing his other arm to help him balance. Johnny successfully put his shoe on, straightening himself out and smiling over at Taeil, until he saw the other in clear view.

"O-Oh ," Johnny blurted out.

"What?" Taeil asked.

"N-Nothing," Johnny gulped as he quickly turned his head away, "You just ing scared me..."

Taeil laughed and jumped onto his bed, his limbs spread apart, his hand under his shirt to scratch his stomach which was suddenly itchy. Johnny peaked behind him just to see if his eyes were seeing right. Taeil. The Taeil. His body still wet from the shower, his oversized shirt loosely clinging onto his shoulders with his collarbone peeking out, and below just wearing boxer briefs. He was shocked, no doubt. Not just about the load down there, but with how unbelievably gay he really was. Ten's dirty undoubtedly rubbed off of him.

"Thanks for staying by the way," Taeil spoke interrupting Johnny's filthy mind, "It was really relieving."

"No problem," Johnny replied almost instantly, without turning his head to look, "I need to start heading out, but I'll text you later. And just let me know anytime if you ever need to vent, or you know... Just hang."

"Yeah, I will," Taeil smiled, "Wait, I don't think I actually have your number."

Johnny nodded, "Same here. Pass me your phone."

He heard the bed creak and suddenly felt a presence besides him. Taeil sat beside him on the floor, his legs cross as he unlocked his phone and handed it to him, the contact dial already open.

Johnny gulped as his eyes sneakily peaked a glance at his thighs then right back up, "H-Haha, you're nervous I'll see something you're embarrassed of?"

"Well, it'll if you see how many contacts I don't have."

"I mean," Johnny shrugged with a cocky smile, "I'm the only one that really matters anyway."

Taeil chuckled and quickly texted Johnny so he could get his contact as well.

Unknown: no

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Johnny whined.

Taeil began to stand up, "What it means. Anyways, thanks again. I'll walk you out."

"O-Out?" Johnny blurted out again as his eyes were bombarded with Taeil’s lower body, "Ha. Ha… Ha. I'm fine, thanks anyway."

"I'll feel mean if I don't," Taeil began putting on his slippers but Johnny pushed him back down onto the bed, of course without looking to see where he pushed him.

Taeil groaned and crossed his legs, his nether regions stinging. Johnny was completely unaware anyway, and got up from the floor. He rushed over to the door and quickly bid farewell to the other.

"Seeyouatschool, BYE."

"... Bye." Taeil mumbled as he listened to Johnny's footsteps go down the stairs.

When his pain discarded, he lifted himself off the bed and started trudging down the stairs. He peeked out the windows to see if Johnny was still near, seeing he was just walking down his front yard. He rushed over to his door and swung it open.

"Walk home safe!" Taeil called out to the other.

Johnny turned around, flashing the other a thumbs up while walking backwards, before stumbling on his foot and tripping, just barely catching balance before hitting the ground. He could hear Taeil's laugh echo in the silent neighborhood, blushing more from embarrassment and of course, the sight in front of him.

He quickly fixed himself and turned around, walking quicker away from his home. He couldn't believe himself. Instead of enjoying the sight in front of him, he was too busy being jealous of the thought of anyone else seeing him like that.

"Crushes are so weird," Johnny groaned, until he felt his phone begin to vibrate in his pocket. He rushed to grab it, and when realizing felt embarrassed once again.

"Hello?"

"Finally you pick up! Where the hell are you?"

He can't help but sigh. It was Doyoung. Was he that overly excited with the thought of it being Taeil?

"Are you SIGHING? I'm worried about you all day and you have the nerve to sigh through the phone?!"

"Doyoung, I'm fine. Something just came up."

"Your job?"

"H-Huh? How'd you find out?" Johnny furrowed his eyebrows, "I only told... Ten."

"Should you even be surprised? Johnny, seriously, I can't believe we had to hear from Ten about this. How long were you planning to keep it from us that you like Taeil?!"

"H-He told you that too?!"

"I mean, he was obligated to. How was he going to tell me of all people YOU got a job, and for no reason? That's complete horse . But seriously, how long have you known?"

"I-I don't LIKE him..." Johnny glanced around his surroundings, afraid of anyone hearing and with a lowered voice said, "But now I guess I do."

He could hear a muffled voice on the other line, instantly assuming it was Jaehyun.

"Am I on speaker?"

"I'm glad you finally accepted it before you made it even more painfully obvious that Taeil would have to realize it as well. But still... How can you keep a job so long? You don't even know how to use your washing machine!"

"Obvious?!" Johnny shook his head, "How the hell was it obvious? Explain to me."

"You're going to try and act like you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter