CHAPTER 17

I Hate You but I Love You

KRYSTAL'S POV

After seeing that kid, me and Jongin are on our way to go back home since we're already calling the day off at works. I looked outside the window while my mind wandering off to the events before. It's scared me knowing that some woman who are from JongIn's past want to take him from me. I mean, what did she want from him? What is her intention? What did she planned? When will it started? 

 

I know I should've been worried about this as it will cause me to stressed and it's not good for me and the babies. But, who's wife didn't worried about her man getting snatched by someone she barely knew? I came back to reality when I felt my hand were held by him. He caressed my hand with his thumb, telling me that everything will be alright. I smile a bit and lay my head on his shoulder. 

 

"I promise you, I'll never leave you for her okay? I'll always be by your side forever. You have my words." He kissed my forehead and that was the last word I heard from him before I drift off to sleep. 

 

At Night

 

I cooked dinner with the maids and we cooked plenty since my sister, Jessica will be coming here tonight with mom and dad. Apparently, all of my family will come to our house tonight to discuss some important things. Not just a normal one like business, our company lines, somehow like a meeting with the higher up but to discuss about what happen earlier.

 

I heard the main door were opened and JongIn invited them to come in. Then, I heard many footsteps were coming to the dining room. There, I see all of them. I run to Jessica and hug her so tight as if I wasn't meet her in a years. It do sounds funny but yeah, I miss her a lot even though I met her before I met Min Jihyo.

 

"Jess! Omg! I miss you." 

 

"Really? We've met like 6 hours ago and you missed me?" She said while caress my back.

 

"Don't you missed your mom and dad, my dear?" I turn to my mom and gave her a grinned whilst giving her a big hug.

 

"Come, let's eat. The food will turned cold if we delayed it any longer."

 

Everyone took their seats, where as I'm seating between JongIn and Jessica while mom and dad are seating in front of me. The maids opened up the dishes and they bring out our rice and drinks, which is milk for me and red wine for the other four. We started to eat accompanied by the silenced atmosphere. Well, after I told my sister about what would going to happened, she insisted to tell my mom and dad. Kim's family didn't know about this yet because JongIn told me that his parents are extremely opposed Jihye's presence and name to be said in that family ever since the breakup with the two. I kinda understood about their attitudes so I just went with the flow.

 

"Any plans to get rid of that woman?" I raised my head to meet my dad gaze and turned to JongIn to tell him that he can explained everything. 

 

"Yeah, apparently, we'll be doing this with her younger sister. But, I don't know whether it will a success or not. But, we'll try - No, I mean, I'll try my best to make it a success and i'm sorry all of this happened because of me." JongIn looked down to his food, didn't have a guts anymore to face my parents. 

 

"Well, it's not entirely your faults. So no need to be like that. Maybe, just maybe, there is a way to stopped her from killing your wife and the babies." My mom said to him with a soothing tone. She really do know how to send hopes in this harsh situation. No wonder, she is a mom. 

 

The more I tried to shake off every thoughts that I have in my mind about this things, the more I get worried about my children and my husband. What if everything fell at the wrong part? What if Jihye knew about this plan and she'll do something else as an alternative? She wouldn't, right?

 

After our dinner and talks, my parents are getting ready to go back home while Jessica are going to the airport since she had an event somewhere in New York. Before they leave, they told us to stay safe and be extra careful. They also told us to not trust people that easily since this has happend and always remember to call them if anything. 

 

I went to my bedroom while JongIn going straight to the bathroom to ready himself to go to bed. I sit on the balcony outside our bedroom, trying to clear up anything that lingers in my head. Yes, for a pregnant woman, I need to stay away from stress or else. 

 

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I jumped a bit and turned around to see JongIn grinning widely at me as if he done something worth his time. 

 

"Gosh! You almost killed me." I said to him whilst facing back to the front. It's not our first time to be like this but he always be able to make my stomach full of butterflies. 

 

"I'm sorry." He kissed my cheek and put his head on my shoulder. He tighten his grip even more as if he didn't want to lose me. 

 

"I'm sorry for this to happend. If I really know she would be doing this, I would have stopped her. Isn't that right, my twins?" He left a deep sighed while caressing my tummy.

 

"Well, you can stop her now." I turn to him and left a kiss on his lips. Then, I hug him and put my head on his chest. 

 

"Since today was a kind-of-hectic situation, do you want to have a date tomorrow? You know, just the three of us before chaos." My eyes sparkle when he said that. It's been awhile since we bo– oh no, not that. It's our first time since the little one are coming. 

 

"Yes! Yes! Where do we want– No! Just, let's go to sleep." I giggle and go to bed. He leaft a hearty chuckle when he sees me in that attitude. Well, we have to laugh while we can, right?

 

~The Next Morning~

 

Because of today excitement, I woke up earlier than I have to. It's 8am now, so i think it's not really that early for me. I picked out my black and white long sleeves baseball top, black jacket and a denim jeans. I add a bit makeup on my face and done my hair in ponytail. I still didn't know where are we going and what are we going to do today but i think having a little picnic date on the way to where JongIn will bring us won't hurt that much, right?

 

I went down to the kitchen to see that our maids had start to do our breakfast. "Good morning!" I beamed a smile to them and they reply it with a bow. 

 

"You look so happy this morning, Mdm Kim! What's the story?" One of the maids, Mrs Song, ask me. 

 

"Mrs Song, please just call me Krystal. I told you that i'm okay if we drop the formality. But anyway, JongIn ask me to go to a date today." I grinned at them while I took my milk from the fridge. 

 

"Well! That's a very good news! It's good for you and the babies. Do you want me to pack anything for you?" 

 

"Hmmm, maybe some kimbab, sandwiches and fruits? But, can I do it? Pleasee~" I flashed to her some of my aegyo and it works! I pick out the ingredients that I need from the refrigerator and started to make all the things that I'm going to make. 

 

It's pretty much simple though. Bread, lettuce, tomato, scramble eggs with mayonaise and sliced meat for the sandwich; seaweed, rice, eggs roll and carrots for kimbab and lastly, banana and watermelon for our dessert!

 

JongIn's POV

I woke up feeling empty beside me. I look to my left and saw that she wasn't there. Thinking that she was downstairs, I quickly get up from my bed and get ready for our date. I'm planning on going to take her to the park, movie, amusement park & candle-light dinner. I've also prepared some surprise for her on each of our destinations. Well, I don't know if she remember this day because I do.  I went to the bathroom to do my morning routine. After that, I went to my closet to search for the right outfits for all of the event that I've prepared.

 

I check myself on the mirror one more time. Feeling satisfied with my looks today, I picked up my phone and wallet then I went downstairs. In the middle of the my way to the dining room, I felt a vibration in my pocket initiates that someone calling me. I fish out my phone and a name I would thought I'd never see for the time being popped up. Thanks to her sister, I managed to get her phone number.

 

"JongIn here. Who's on the line?" I act like I didn't know the caller. 

 

"Awww, baby. It just me. Your one and only love." I really want to throw up when she say that word. 

 

"What do you want, Jihye?" I heard she laugh a bit before she answer my question. 

 

"I miss you. You know, we really need to catch up all the things we do. So, are you free tonight?" She said it with sweet tones and I hate it when she did that. 

 

"No. I have a date with my wife. Sorry & yes, I won't go on any dates with you." And with that, I cut off the line. Just as I moved my feet to the kitchen, I felt another vibrate in my pocket. 

 

[unknown]
Monday, 8pm 
Maurice & Wine. Meet you there! Or something will happened to your wifey & that lil disgusting things.

xoxo - JH

 

I ignore the message and put my phone in my pocket. I tried not to think too much about that and keep my mood up for our date today. 

 

After our breakfast, we go out on the date that I've planned. Luckily, Krystal had the same thing in her mind that she packed some food for our picnic.  So first place, amusement park. It had been a long time since I came here. We played every games and rides that we can and do everything that normal weds couple do. 

 

After having fun at the fair, I brought her to the park. The one that I used to go when I want to clear my head. Since it was special for me, I want to bring her there. It was my first time to bring anyone else to my favourite spot.

 

When we arrived at the park, Krystal laid out the picnic blanket and I put our picnic basket on the blanket. We sit while facing each other, with the sunsets and pond as our background. It's nice. I like this moment. I looked at her face figure, her nose, her eyes and mouth, it's so beautiful. I feel like I'm the most lucky guy to have her. 

 

"What? Why? What's in my face? Is my makeup smudge?" She tried to fix whatever that is not on her face and hair with her hand. All I could do is laugh at her cute act. 

 

"No, nothing. You look pretty. That's all" I smile. 

 

"Gosh! You scared me for a second. But thank you." She smile back at me. 

 

I scooted closer to her to decreased our space. Seeing that she is not getting flustered at all, I held her hand and caress it with my thumb. I slowly bring my face to her. she sit still, not caring with the space that are constantly decreasing. That's when I gave her a long kiss, trying to savour the moment before I let it go. We talk about the small things and feed each other with the food she prepared until it's time for us to leave for our last spot. 

 

We packed our stuff back and we went to our car whilst holding hands. But, before we even arrived at our car, we met with someone who we want to meet last.

 

"Baby?! Omg! I don't know that you are here. I miss you so much." She went at me and hold my arm then she kissed me at my cheek. I look at Krystal's face and she shocked with what just happend. But, she tried not to keep that face for too long. I also tried to released myself from her but she tighten her grips. Then she released my arms when I tried it way harder. 

 

"What are you doing?" I ask her. 

 

"I just missed my baby. Don't you miss me? I want to talk to you for awhile since you suddenly cut off our conversation this morning." She tried to hold my hand but I was faster than her, so she failed to grab them. 

 

"No. Please. You're ruining our date." I grab Krystal's hand but she pulled her hands back. 

 

"I go wait in the car. Talk to her. I'll be fine" and with that, she left me. Many question runs in my mind. I tried to catch her but stopped by JiHye. 

 

Damn, please...don't mad at me, Soojung. 

 

=====
Finally. I'm sorry.
*may/may not have a bittersweet ending*