P: 7

PromiseS

Someone’s P.O.V.

Mom called me last night and reported to me about the unexpected happening at home. I was worried sick that I almost went home, if not for my member’s emergency after our promotion, I might have really freaked out and dragged my home. That wasn’t supposed to be happening but it already did. That jerk really did the thing I am always concerned and worried that he would do.

 

“You’re finally awake!” I exclaimed upon seeing my member open his eyes.

 

“Why are we here hyung?” he asked while rubbing his eyes. The other members started to gather around him too.

 

“You lost consciousness last night after the accident at the stage. How are you feeling?” I informed him and he studied his own situation. He tried to recall what happened then his eyes landed on his feet. It was covered with bandage and he can’t move it when he tried too.

 

“Hey! Careful there, you’re not supposed to move your feet yet.” Our leader barked when he saw him trying hard to move his feet.

 

He cursed and we kept quiet. I understand what he feels and I would curse even more if I will be in his position.

 

My phone rang and I excused myself out. I thought it would be Mom again but this time, it’s Dad. He just told me to take care of myself and to not worry about my dongsaeng. I assured him I’ll be fine but worrying isn’t part of it. Of course I’m worried and I don’t even intend to hold back my anger and punch the guy if I ever see him. My dongsaeng didn’t deserve the hurt.

 

 

Third Person P.O.V.

Flashback: 5 days after Ye Na’s audition and acceptance at Blossom Entertainment

“Did you consider Jackson’s feelings when you chose Blossom Entertainment?” Jhia commented when they got home from school. That was the only time they had the chance to talk because Jhia had been very busy with her training at JYP Entertainment since they are set to debut when she graduates.

 

“What do you want me to do then? JYP Ent didn’t provide a form for me so what am I supposed to do?” Ye Na retorted and Jhia became even more furious, her ears turning red.

 

“Then you should have let down all the other Companies.” Jhia barked and Ye Na was taken a back.

 

“Are you serious? Did you just mean JYP Ent is the only company I should get in? Did you just belittle my decision?” Ye Na growled.

 

“Yes! JYP Ent is the only company worth auditioning for. And yes! I belittled your decision because it was a very wrong decision.” Jhia answered back.

 

She had a bad day and this is one of the worst days of her life. Because this was really her plan from the start, it is her step to wrecking Ye Na and totally breaking their friendship.

 

“Why do you sound so concerned about it anyway? It’s not as if you really wanted me to be at JYP Ent, isn’t it?” Ye Na sounded serious and her question was so unexpected, but Jhia didn’t even have a second thought before answering.

 

“Sure I don’t. I hate competitions and you are my most hated competitor. I don’t like you to be at JYP Ent but what about Jackson? Are you really going to hurt him for going in a different company? You sure are a heartless !”

“Really?! Why is it a big deal for you when Jackson doesn’t really care about it? Can’t you just tell me you are jealous seeing me with him and seeing him supporting me?” Ye Na uttered and just that, Jhia’s madness meter exploded.

 

“Jealous?! Okay, I am. So what?!”

 

“Do you hear yourself confessing? So I am right all along. So you like him that’s why you keep on staying with us. How can you even do this to me? We are friends, for Pete’s sake!” Ye Na bellowed, her eyes reflecting anger.

 

“We aren’t! We were never friends. We are enemies and that’s always how I treated you so don’t call me a friend. You’re a total and I hate you! I loved him first! And I am done with this !” Jhia retorted and went to her room.

 

Ye Na was left in disbelief. She never believed her intuition about Jhia’s feelings for Jackson; she didn’t even want to bring it up because she didn’t want to destroy their friendship. But everything that she saw and chose to believe turned out to be a lie now. Turned out, she made a fool out of herself for believing with all of her fake friend’s guises. She was wrong for choosing the thing she thought would keep her from getting hurt; she was wrong for holding the gun properly. She should have faced it, faced the bullet from the beginning so she wouldn’t have to deal with the pain right at this moment.

 

After what happened, Jhia moved to her soon-to-debut group’s dorm. She also stopped talking to Ye Na. Their atmosphere became evident at school and a lot of their classmates became suspicious about the situation but no one dared to talk about it. When JB joined her in, the speculations became out of hand. A lot of issues were going round inside the campus and even in the social media. Ye Na was once again faced with a lot of issues but JB was the one who fixed it, good thing, a lot of people believed him.

Ye Na thought that things would end there and that she won’t be hurt once again, but the moment she thought she can lean on to her beloved someone, that was the time everything fell into pieces.

 

Jhia told Jackson about her situation with Ye Na and totally changed the real story. It turned out that Ye Na was the one who had a plan to hurt both of them, Jackson and Jhia. That news made Jackson furious and hurt, at the same time. He loved Ye Na for all those times but he never thought he was just used. He was even hurt because of the dating news of JB and Ye Na. But he doesn’t want to believe about that issue unless Ye Na tells him herself.

 

Flashback: 2 days ago (Before Ye Na got drunk)

 

When Jackson and Ye Na met at the usual spot where they used to see each other, Jackson didn’t hesitate to bring the subject up which made Ye Na speechless.

 

“I guess it’s true then. Your silence right now proves that Jhia didn’t lie to me. You just used both of us to find your way to the top.” Jackson avowed.

 

“I don’t know what exactly did she tell you but I am honest when I tell you I really loved you. I never intended to use you, never have I even thought of doing that to you. I know I was indifferent with you, but that was because I am afraid I might ruin you. I know I have been acting different towards you but that was because I was afraid to drag you into an issue that would just destroy your image.” She looked at him and searched for any reaction but he was just looking at her blankly. She managed to continue.

 

“I know you won’t believe anything I say to you, but it’s your choice what and whom to believe. Jackson, I loved you and I kept you intact in my heart. I never thought of using or hurting you because you are the only person who believed in me and you are the only person who made me feel special after my brother left me. You were always one of the first people that I consider before doing anything or deciding about something. I admit that I hated myself for acting so rash by choosing Blossom Entertainment because I know we would be apart but I had no choice, I had nowhere to go anyway. I don’t care anymore about what you will think of me and about this. I just hope you won’t drag JB into this because he has nothing to do with our issue. It’s okay if you don’t believe me, I won’t ask you for it anyway. I just want you to believe in what you think is right, that’s your freedom, your own decision and I don’t control you.” She gasped as her tears started to fall.

 

“Maybe, we really aren’t a match from the start. Maybe, it’s better not to make things more complicated. I would still remain as a secret to you anyway. Even if I continue this career, we will have to suffer from hiding things. So maybe…It’s better to stop what we started.” Ye Na croaked because of the tears that keep on falling.

 

“That’s what I intended to do. Thanks for saying it first,” Jackson whispered bitterly and left.

 

When he was gone, Ye Na cried a lot. She never thought that Jackson would believe into a lie he didn’t even confirm. Maybe he did but he wasn’t open to hear her out.

 

That incident made it difficult for Ye Na to go to school because all the eyes are watching her every time she goes to the canteen and picks a different seat. Even when she walks alone in the hallways, the people staring didn’t stop.

 

She stopped talking to GOT7 and she didn’t even talk to any of her classmates. She just puts on her earphones and pretended to be listening to music, when in fact; she could hear how the people around her are talking behind her back.

It was painful and unbearable, but she can do nothing.

She got depressed because of it but JB kept her company. She pushed him away, she asked him to just leave her alone but he never left her. He was very patient to stay there beside her although she didn’t talk to him.

 

Eventually, JB told her what he knew. Ye Na got furious but she understood him. He was just not given the choice to keep his feelings inside. He was just used and she didn’t like that word that was associated with him—with them.

---

 

She tried to live with the pain but the pain wouldn’t go. So one night, she just decided to take a walk anywhere and her feet brought her to a food stall. She ordered chicken and soju and that did it. Those things that hurt her made her go home and vent all her emotions in her room, with her Dad and Mom’s hands ready to catch her and take care of her. Even if they just found out about their daughter’s secret, they still felt bad for her and not mad. That wasn’t supposed to be happening in the first place. They blamed themselves because of insisting to make her study there. They blamed themselves because they weren’t able to protect her.

 

And now that she is in her home, she felt like just staying there and withdrawing everything. She thought it was really wrong to pursue her 6-year old dream.

 

“Dinner’s ready, Ye Na!” She heard her Dad call from downstairs so she got up of bed, turned off her music player and went down.

 

“How’s the soup?” her Mom’s eyes looked at her with expectation.

 

“Of course it taste like Mom’s cooking.” Ye Na answered and her Mom felt better. Ye Na was even smiling now.

 

“Anyway, I submitted the contract you signed with Blossom Entertainment. I saw it this morning in your bag and I forgot to tell you. Today was the due and I didn’t want you to be bothered for not submitting it.” Her Dad mentioned and Ye Na stopped eating her food.

 

“Dad!” she yelled.

 

“What?”

 

“Why…I mean you didn’t have to do that.” She fretted.

 

“What? Why? Wait… did you just mean you weren’t supposed to pursue it?” Both her parents couldn’t believe where their conversation is heading.

 

“I was planning to,” Ye Na sighed heavily.

 

“Is it because of him?” Her Dad became serious, a bit recovering from what her daughter confessed.

 

“Dad, look. Maybe it was really—” She was cut off by the ringtone of her Dad’s phone. Someone is calling. She looked at her Dad as he checks who the caller was before clearing his throat and picking up the call.

 

“I’m sorry, we were really having a very great conversation at the moment that I forgot about the plan,” Her Dad sarcastically announced while looking at Ye Na. She just looked at her food.

 

“You really need to talk to her. I don’t really understand her right now.” She heard her Dad say before he passed the phone to her. She saw the caller’s name and her heart beat raced. She was hesitating to take the call.

 

“Why are you giving this to me?” She tried to sound angry but her Dad didn’t fell for it.

 

“You should at least thank him for saving you from my scolding,” He retorted and handed her the phone. She hesitated but took it anyway, as if she had a choice.

 

She looked at the caller again and breathed deeply. She cleared before putting the phone towards her ear.

 

Ya! Do you seriously want me to die here for worrying? How can you not even answer faster?” The familiar voice barked at her. She missed him that she felt her tears on her cheeks.

 

Oppa…” She whispered.

 

“What?” He sounded angry but he was actually calm already.

 

“Why don’t you just die?!” She bellowed. Her parents looked at her in surprise.

 

“Why don’t you just go to hell?! How dare you talk to me like that?! How can you even be angry when I’m supposed to be the one who’s mad at you?! How could you not even make a way to come here and see if I was doing fine?! How could you…how could you not run here if you are really worried about me?! How could you not even say Hi to me before yelling at me?! How can you not even ask if I already ate?! And how could you not ask how I feel right now?!” She demanded as her tears kept falling. They were silent for a while before her brother cleared his throat and said “Sorry.”

 

“Oppa…mianhe-yo. I just missed you so much,” she admitted and her brother sighed in relief.

 

“I missed you, too… So much,” he told her.

 

Right then and there, she knew her brother was back. She knew he was the brother she longed for. The situation may not have changed but she knew her brother is back to where he was supposed to belong, the place where she kept him. She knew that the brother she protected in her heart was back and that her hate for him was lessened. Of course it won’t easily be erased but at least it had lessened. And she knows very well that it will heal through time.

 

Then she thought, maybe…the God up there wanted to send her lots of comfort that she is feeling the warm and loving comfort from her family.