P: 15

PromiseS

Ye Na woke up to the sound of her cellphone beeping. She found it strange since she didn’t set the alarm clock last night since she has no schedule for the day, except that she has class at the University.

She picked up her phone but she hasn’t yet unlocked the phone when it suddenly rang.

“Calling at this time of day, what’s going on? I thought you’re leaving for your overseas concert today,” she lazily said soon as she answered the phone.

“Ya! You don’t even greet me now? Ya, Kim Ye Na!” Xiumin barked at her.

“Whatever. What is it?”

“Don’t surf the internet today. No, don’t you dare open your accounts today. And don’t go out of the house,” Xiumin instructed.

“What the?! Why should I not? And why should you order me?” suddenly, Ye Na’s sleepiness was gone.

“Because I am your brother and you have to be very obedient to me. Anyway, just follow me, okay?” Xiumin convinced.

“Fine, fine. Whatever you say.”

“Okay then, I’ll hang up. We’re already going on board. Be sure to obey,” he sincerely said.

“Okay. Take care.”

“You too.”

Ye Na looked at her cellphone screen blankly. ‘What could have happened for him to call this early and even ordering me about my social life?’ she thought.

When she couldn’t think of anything in particular, she decided to look at the notifications on her phone, the reason why she woke up early in the first place.

But her phone rang once again.

“What is this? I’m getting calls at this hour of the day.” She complained soon as she answered the call.

“What now?” she impatiently asked.

“Ye Na-ah, don’t you dare throw anything there. I’m already on my way to your apartment. Put away your phone and don’t open your accounts any longer,” Her manager said in a hurry.

“What?! What are you talking about? Seriously, what’s going on? What’s with you and Minseok? Did you eat something funny?” she asked simultaneously.

“So you haven’t…Forget it. Just wait for me, I’ll be there,” he said and hang up. Just then, she received another call from JB.

“You too?! Aish! What’s going on?” she barked and was seriously getting upset about things early in the morning.

“Hearing your answer, I think you’re fine. I just called to ask you about the schedule of our script reading,” he lied.

JB is not the type to lie when it comes to Ye Na but he can’t afford to see her cry.

“At this hour? Ya! Have you lost your mind, too? Ah, whatever. I’m hanging up,” she said and threw her phone at the side of the bed. She kicked her blanket like a little child throwing tantrum. Then she lied down in irritation.

“Ya! What’s wrong with everyone? They’re seriously acting strange. Aish!” She complained and tried to go back to sleep but then she remembered what Xiumin and her manager said.

“What should I not see that might upset me today? Ah! I don’t know. Whatever!” She covered her face with her blanket but she woke up once again, she just can’t stay still. She is bothered that she can’t even go back to sleep.

Ye Na picked up her phone once again, for the fourth time, it rang. Her dad was calling.

“Are you okay?” ‘Even Dad?’ Ye Na thought.

“Good morning, too, Dad! Do you miss me that bad that you have to call at this time of day?” She joked.

“Ya! This is not the time for jokes. Are you okay?” Her dad’s voice was so serious; she can even imagine his serious face while holding the phone.

“Dad, I don’t know what’s going on with everyone today, asking if I’m okay but I really am. So don’t worry,” she convinced.

“This won’t do. I and your Mom will go there.”

“Dad, it’s okay. You don’t have to. Besides, you have to go to work,” she insisted.

“Family first before work. Hang up for now. We’ll be there later,” he avowed and Ye Na knew she can’t keep on insisting anymore.

She sighed and tried to remember if she did something really serious in the past days that might have started an issue once again. She tried to remember, but couldn’t think of any.

 

She decided to go back to sleep but her phone rang once again. In annoyance, she kicked her blanket and picked up the phone. It was Jackson. She was frozen on her bed, trying to deliberate on whether to answer or not. She rejected it in the end before turning off her phone. It's not because she's avoiding him or anything like that. She'd already made up with him and she's totally fine living her life without associating herself with him. 'It's just that I am annoyed by the calls and weird stuff that's happening around me that I can't already take in another weird call,' she thought.

The ringing stopped and she decided to turn on her phone, looked for the notifications, opened some articles and sat still. She tightened her grip on her phone and realized why everyone is concerned. She felt numb all of a sudden and looked lost.

She thought that everything about that, about them was over, but it hasn’t. And now, she has to face another issue because of her past.

She stayed on her bed, trying to comprehend things, trying to feel anything. She stayed there for quite a while, silently trying to be strong. Her eyes landed on the article once again and she just can’t believe everything written there.

 

Is Ye Na x Jackson true?

Recently, actress Kim Ye Na, EXO Xiumin’s younger sister, had an interview and one of the questions was about her relationship with GOT7 particularly Jackson Wang.

She revealed that they’ve been good friends but it looks like it was more than that.

After her interview was aired, a lot of netizens, who claimed that they are from the same school with the artists, posted a lot of photos of Jackson and Ye Na being too sweet with each other.

They also posted clips from her interview that showed how uncomfortable she became when the question was asked.

Years ago, there were also rumors that the two were dating but Jackson Wang’s agency denied it.

We gathered some comments from the netizens and here is what they said:

‘They said they were best friends but what kind of best friends does those kinds of sweet thing? Isn’t it something? I’ve witnessed them a lot of times at school, everyone did. And what do we think of them? Them being an item is true! How dare her deny it?’

‘Whatever, she lied. She just denied Jackson in front of the people. I wonder if they really had a good relationship.’

‘We’ve watched our oppa from afar all this time and she was lucky to have been a gf to him, why does she need to deny it?’

‘JackJi isn’t real. I am telling you the truth. JackYe is! They’ve been fooling you all this time! JYP, you have to speak up! And Ye Na, explain yourself!”

‘Nope! JackJi is real! That Ye Na is a ! She’s a flirt, she keeps on flirting with Jackson even if she knows that he has a girlfriend! Die, you !’

What do you think of this? Did she really lie on TV saying they were good friends? Was the rumor from years ago true?

 

Ye Na’s tears slowly rolled down through her cheeks. She wanted to curse but she couldn’t even utter a single word. She just wanted a peaceful life that’s why she didn’t want them to know about her past with Jackson. However, she know very well how the Entertainment industry works and she will get bashed even if she didn’t ask for it. Her past will be revealed even if she tries hard to hide it.

Her phone kept buzzing. Her account is being flooded with harsh comments. And she can’t help herself from not seeing the comments.

‘Even if you’re over with Jackson-oppa, why did you have to deny him? If I were you, I would gladly tell them about our memories together. How could you be so inconsiderate?! !’

‘You’re the reason why Jackson had been very down these past months! How dare you break our oppa’s heart?! Just die!’

‘Do you think we didn’t know about you and Jackson? You are the reason why he is awkward with Youngji!’

‘I think you even flirted with JB, that’s why he broke up with Jhia. You’re really something huh?!’

‘We hated the rumor that you are an item with our Jackson years ago. We really hoped it wasn’t true. And now! These things are coming out. You’re just a flirt, a , a ! Do you really have to in JackJi?! Die!’

‘Don’t you dare show your face to me or I will really kill you! I will really rip your head off! Mark my word! Our Jackson doesn’t deserve you. You piece of garbage!’

 

Ye Na’s hands were trembling from the harsh comments and her eyes were blurry. She kept reading the comments and thought that maybe they were true. That maybe she is someone who shouldn’t have loved Jackson in the first place because she is nothing compared to Youngji.

Then a hand snatched her phone away from her. She looked up and it was her manager.

“Ya! I told you not to open them!” He barked furiously, hands on his waist.

Ye Na looked down on her trembling hands. She kept sobbing and her manager can’t do anything but to just hug her and assure her that everything’s going to be okay.

Few hours later, they can hear the sound of the doorbell. Her manager went to the door and looked at the security camera, there were a few reporters waiting outside the house.

Then someone shouted.

“You pieces of I don’t know! Stop bothering our Ye Na! You’ve already ruined her through publishing your fake articles, what do you want more? Go away or I’ll call the police!” Ye Na’s father bellowed. But the reporter’s didn’t go away and the police came afterwards.

When her parents entered the house, they immediately ran to her who was looking outside, looking at nothing in particular as her tears kept flowing.

They hugged her and told her that everything’s going to be okay. She nodded and hoped that it will be even though she knows that the career she has started might be over any moment.

Her phone rang but she didn’t have the strength to pick it up.

Xiumin, on the other hand, was covered with worry. He can’t seem to focus on the practice because of what is happening to his sister. He asked permission from his management if he could release a statement about the issue but they told him that he shouldn’t meddle with it.

He felt useless. He promised to protect his sister, he promised to catch up on the days that they lost because of his dream and now, he couldn’t do anything.

Kyungsoo saw him on the bench during their break. He went near Xiumin, sat down beside him and waited for him to talk.

“You know what I hated the most? This. This kind of situation. I’ve always wanted to be a good brother to my sister but I kept on failing. I am always away whenever she encounters hardships. I can’t be of any help, and I hate myself for being like this,” Xiumin ranted.

“Hyung, did you know that Ye Na told me how happy she was because she is able to see you freely and be with you anytime? Your presence alone gives strength to her. So please be strong for her, hyung.” Kyungsoo advised. They remained silent until they were called for another round of practice.