P: 9

PromiseS

Ye Na went out of the room to comfort her self. She didn’t want to go back inside yet because she hates to see her brother’s fake smile. So she sat down on the bench outside of Xiumin’s room.

 

She looked at the guards who were standing near all the entrances and exits and all the possible way where reporters can pass; she shook her head. ‘So this is how his life works? I was even accused as a reporter in disguise because they didn’t know his family’s identity’ she thought.

 

Now that she saw her brother and even hug him after 11 years of being separated from him, she felt like her whole life was completed.

 

While she was still thinking of her brother’s situation, her phone rang. She took it off of her pocket and when she saw the caller, she immediately remembered that she totally forgot about him.

 

“Hello?” She finally answered. She heard JB sigh from the other line.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked. The atmosphere between them started to feel awkward.

 

“Yeah. And I’m sorry for ditching you.”

 

“You could have just told me the truth.” Ye Na’s heart beat raced.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You don’t have to deny it or hide it to me, Ye Na. I figured it out and I confirmed it in your bracelet; and on the broadcast. I know everything now.” His voice sounded so down. Ye Na looked at her wrist and she wasn’t wearing her promise bracelet anymore.

 

“JB-ah, I’m sorry for not telling you. It’s just that…I…”

 

“It’s okay. I totally understand you. I know how an idol’s life goes. Of course, you have to be kept as a secret to be protected from his anti’s.”

 

“JB…” She doesn’t know what to tell him anymore. It seemed JB misunderstood her situation, unless he mentions the word brother.

 

“Ye Na, I understand your situation with your brother. Don’t worry about ditching me today, we can always find time to hang out some other time. Your brother needs you the most right now. I understand everything. So take a rest now, okay? I know it’s been a stressful day for you.” JB’s words put her heart into relief.

 

“Thank you so much, best friend,” She said as they hang up.

 

She sighed. She was grateful that she found a friend who understands her totally and didn’t judge her after knowing the secret she kept for a long time.

 

“Are you okay?” A guy’s soft voice asked her. She looked at him and realized it was one of her brother’s co-members—Zhang Yixing.

 

“Yeah, Oppa.” She answered as she nodded.

 

“Here.” He offered her a small box of milk. She looked at him first then looked at the milk.

 

“I figured you have been through a lot this day so coffee is not good for you, so I just bought you milk.” Yixing explained when Ye Na looked like she has no intentions of taking the milk.

 

“Thank you, Oppa.” She said and took the box of milk. Yixing smiled and he sat beside her.

 

“Do you not want to join the others inside? Minseok-hyung is looking for you a while back,” Yixing mentioned.

 

“I want to but I just can’t.” She admitted. She was still trying to be careful about how she talks with any of his group members since it’s their first day of meeting each other.

 

“May I know why?” He asked with sincerity and Ye Na looked at him in the eye. His eyes were looking at her too and she could feel that he is not there to fish anything; he is just there to comfort a friend.

 

“Can I really tell you this, Oppa?

 

“If you want to, I just want to know what you are feeling right now so I would at least know how to talk to you or how to act when you are around.” Yixing’s words soothed her and she felt how caring he is even to the person he just met for the first time.

 

“I want to be there because I missed my brother a lot…but I can’t stand seeing his fake smile. I know he is still hurting and it is okay to show it. But he is showing the opposite.” She finally opened up.

 

“Because hyung is strong and he is very considerate.” Yixing commented.

 

“What do you mean, Oppa?

 

“He doesn’t want to worry everyone around him so he acts like he is totally fine. That’s what I always liked about hyung, he is very sensitive about our feelings. Although I hate that he is hiding his real feelings from us.” He explained and she realized her brother didn’t change.

 

“Anyway, it really is the first time we are meeting you. I mean you came here immediately but I thought you are in the province with your Mom. I mean that’s what hyung would always tell us,” Yixing confessed.

 

“I was out of town with a friend. We were in a Café nearby when I saw the news. I don’t know, maybe it’s my ‘dongsaeng’ instinct that prompted me to come here.” She said and smiled, Yixing did too.

 

“Do you want me to open the milk for you?” He asked when he noticed that she hasn’t opened the box yet.

 

“I really feel embarrassed right now. I think I totally lost all my strength that I can’t even open a box of milk.” Ye Na shyly admitted.

 

“Here…let me,” Yixing offered and took the box from her. She watched him open the box with ease.

 

“I’m sorry; I should’ve brought a straw.” He apologized when he realized the box was open but without a straw.

 

“It’s okay, Oppa.” Ye Na assured and took the box of milk.

 

“Thank you for this and for your comfort.” She said and drank from the box. Yixing was left in awe; he realized she is really Xiumin’s sister because they are similar in some ways.

 

They had a few more conversations before the rest of the EXO members went out of Xiumin’s room. They bid goodbye to Ye Na before they left.

 

She watched them disappear from the hallway after getting back inside.

 

Her Dad just came from the rest room; Suho was still there too, he was watching over Xiumin. Her brother, on the other hand, was soundly sleeping. When Suho saw her, he stood up and assured her that her brother was okay; she went near her brother and held his hand.

 

“Thank you for coming back,” Ye Na whispered and she felt her brother’s hand hold her hand tighter. That’s how she drifted to sleep.