P: 22

PromiseS

‘Good morning to the most beautiful and most precious girl in my heart! See you later! J

Kyungsoo’s message was the first one that Ye Na read that morning. She woke up early for the press con about her recently conducted Drama with Kyungsoo and JB.

“Ye Na-ah, I’m here! Are you ready?” Her manager called from downstairs.

“Yeah, Oppa. Just a second!” she replied and hurried to get her bag and went out.

“Good morning, Oppa!” She cheered as she took the coat from him.

“Wow! You’re really in a great mood right now. Did something happen?” Her manager gossiped but Ye Na just smiled.

“Just happy,” she answered and put on her shoes.

“Ya! Is it Kyungsoo?” He was quick to see her blush and he chuckled.

“Aigoo! Our Ye Na is really in love,” he teased and she blushed even more.

“Stop it, Oppa! You’re making me blush,” she avowed.

“Just make sure you won’t get caught by Dispatch. Although a lot of fans are shipping your loveteam, he still has a lot of fans that can become your anti’s if they find out about your relationship,” her manager advised. Ye Na told him about her relationship with Kyungsoo because more than her parents and Xiumin, she also trusts her manager.

“Arasso-yo. So let’s get going now?” Ye Na said and they went out. Ye Na knew very well the risk of loving Kyungsoo but she also know very well that love can conquer the risk. She didn’t want to make the mood gloomy so she shrugged the thought off.

When they arrived at KBS, a lot of fans were waiting at the entrance. They saw her immediately and approached her but her manager blocked them as some security came in to help. Ye Na told them to let the fans be and so they lined up as she took some selca with them and gave some autographs. Her manager looked at his watch and it’s almost time for them to prepare so he excused Ye Na from the crowd.

“Should we go on stage hand in hand?” Kyungsoo offered with a smile but Ye Na slapped him lightly on his arm.

“You want us to die?” She joked.

“If I’m with you, then I’m willing to,” he retorted and Ye Na’s heart beat raced.

“Ahem! Stop with the PDA people.” JB interrupted and between Ye Na and Kyungsoo.

“Ya!” They both barked at him but he just held them on their shoulder.

“Okay! Let’s go!” He cheered as they went on the stage that way. A lot of fans cheered soon as they went out of the backstage. Cameras flashed at once and they were already posing. Then they proceeded to the seats assigned to them.

“Anyeong hasseyo! We’re from the ‘Complicated 18’ and we are here to promote our drama!” They greeted and the crowd and the media clapped.

“Thank you for having us all today. And as you can see, Jhia is not here with us. That is because she also has a promotion in Japan together with her group. Jhia, fighting!” JB said and the interviewers composed themselves.

“How do you feel now that the filming ended?”

“Honestly, I feel sad since it was the only time we had hang out together.” JB answered.

“I feel sad too but I am happy that we are receiving much love because of the drama and I am happy for bringing inspiration to the youth, especially to those who are in love.” Kyungsoo said.

“For me, I feel empty since I had been with the best crew for how many months and we had a lot of memories together. And I am looking forward to working with them in the future once again. And I am thankful to the love and support that our viewers has given us.” Ye Na answered while the cameras continuously flash.

“Ye Na and Kyungsoo have been shipped together because of the great chemistry that you showed in the drama. What do you think of this?”

“Should we just make it real?” Kyungsoo joked and some of the fans cheered. Even the interviewers smiled to the idea.

“I am just thankful for the support.” Ye Na added nicely but she can’t stop herself from blushing.

“Since we’re already with the topic, what are the qualities that you are looking for with your future partner? Since there was a scene in the drama that asked the same question to which JB and Kyungsoo didn’t give an answer.”

“Well, truthfully, the script said I had to just keep quiet and look at Hanna, which is Ye Na’s character. But since I am asked this question this time, I would freely say it’s the Ye Na type,” he chuckled and the interviewers wowed.

“Ya! Don’t say that! I am here.” Kyungsoo joked making more fans to react at their playfulness.

“But I am being honest here hyung.” He joked and Kyungsoo just chuckled, shaking his head.

“Aigoo! That was really a bold answer. What about Kyungsoo?”

“Do I really need to answer that? This is what I said when I was alone with Hanna, Ye Na’s character. ‘Qualities? Do I really need to spell your name to answer their question? H-happy, A-Always smiling, N-Not afraid to show who she really is, N-Not afraid to take the risk, A-All about Hanna, it’s what I’m looking for as my future partner.’ And I think that hasn’t changed at all, except that the name changed, Y-You are beautiful in and out, E-Even my heart can see through your warm soul, N-Never say never, A-All about Kim Ye Na, she’s the perfect lyrics that defines the music I am looking for my future partner,” Kyungsoo answered as he looked at Ye Na, bringing more cheer from the crowd.

“Aigoo! Are you just promoting your loveteam?” JB teased and the interviewer joined with the teasing. Ye Na turned tomato red because of all the teasing and her heart fluttering.

“Do you want to still answer the question, our Ye Na?”

“I feel embarrassed with these two ajusshi’s here,” she commented, making the crowd laugh.

“But to be fair, I will give the same answer from what I said during that episode,” Ye Na laughed and they all chuckled.

“So we just promoted our roles in the drama?” JB joked and they all nod with a silly smile.

“Moving on, now that the drama has ended, do you have other projects coming?”

“For me, our group -GOT7- will be realeasing our comeback album tomorrow at 12 AM KST. The title of this album is ‘Always’ and each of our members have our solo songs in the album so please look forward to it.” JB promoted.

“For me, I have an upcoming movie and the filming also ended. It will be aired during the fall so please look forward to it and my group-EXO- is still promoting our latest album ‘Musically Enchanted’. Please keep on supporting us.” Kyungsoo also promoted and they turned to Ye Na.

“As for me, I will be taking light schedules from now since it is an advice from my CEO, Cha Taehyun sunbae-nim, and I will be filming a CF with his son, Cha Suchan. I will also concentrate on my studies since I have still some years to spend at the University. And I would also like to promote our Jhia, please support their latest album and please look forward to her mini drama with SNUPER’s Taewoong and Sebin,” Ye Na said.

“Thank you for coming today,” the interviewer said as a round of applause together with the flash of camera was heard.

After the press con, JB teased Kyungsoo and Ye Na so much and he also scolded them for making him look like an outcast who had no one to turn to because his partner was away.

They proceeded at music bank immediately and prepared for the shoot. JB and Ye Na will be emceeing side by side with Park Bogum and Red Velvet’s Irene. EXO will also be performing along with other groups who recently had their comebacks and are promoting their comeback songs.

When Ye Na and Kyungsoo met at the hallway, Kyungsoo winked at her and she felt her cheeks blush. That’s when Xiumin interrupted and pushed Ye Na away from his group, leading her to the other side of the stage.

They just chuckled to Xiumin’s over protectiveness and waited for their cue.

---

Three days after the press con, Ye Na woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She answered the phone lazily.

“Yeah?”

“Ye Na-ah, are you crying? Why is your voice like that?” Kyungsoo worriedly asked.

“Please don’t cry and don’t get affected with the comments. I’ll see you later okay?” Ye Na opened her eyes widely. She was confused about Kyungsoo’s remark.

“What? I just woke up though that’s why my voice sounds unnatural. What are you talking about?” She said as she started to worry.

Kyungsoo realized he was drawn by the situation and that he won’t have to deny things to her.

“They already found out about us. Dispatch have released our photos together and a lot of articles are now circling the social network.” He explained and Ye Na felt like a bucket of ice was poured on her.

“I’ll hang up for now, oppa.” She said without waiting for Kyungsoo’s reply. She immediately opened her SNS account which was flooded by a lot of notifications and her wall was filled with positive and negative comments.

She opened one article and saw the issue that Kyungsoo has talked about.

Her parents, Xiumin and her manager kept on calling her but she kept on rejecting them so she can read the article for herself.

YeSoo is REAL!

After the cheesy interview with the casts of Complicated 18, dispatch has revealed photos of two main characters who went out together.

It was said that after the filming of their drama ended, Kim Ye Na and Do Kyungsoo didn’t go out with the crew instead they strolled at Hand River together which explains the first picture.

And they also had their dates at some café after the group-EXO- released their comeback album.

Both entertainment agencies of the artists have yet to say something about the issue.

What do you think of this? Were they already dating even before the cheesy interview? Was the chemistry they showed in their drama and interview due to the fact that they were dating?

Ye Na closed the article and opened another. The news was similar and the photos from dispatch were undeniable. It was when they were looking at the stars in Han River, Kyungsoo kissing her forehead, them drinking at a café, and the look they showed to each other during the press con.

She felt her heart beat racing because of uneasiness and she can’t seem to breathe properly. Then she went through her wall filled with comments.

‘The ship is sailing! We support YeSoo. Fighting!’

‘You have just crashed my dreams. You have just taken Kyungsoo away from me.’

‘Don’t mind what people say, just keep going. Keep the love burning!’

‘After Jackson, now it’s Kyungsoo. Who will be the next? alert please.’

‘I am going to kill you. why do you have to date my husband?’

‘better say that it isn’t true or you’ll see hell.’

‘Prepare for your funeral. You have just stepped on a lot of girls feelings towards Kyungsoo. We won’t let you have our oppa.’

‘You’re not pretty. I hate you and I will never support you and Kyungsoo-oppa! Die!’

‘Whatever, true or not, I will support YeSoo.’

Ye Na was still browsing the comments when her manager snatched her phone.

“Why am I not surprise that you are looking at those things again? Feels like Déjà vu,” he scolded.

“Oppa, what should I do now?” She asked, her manager sat down at the side of her bed as he placed her phone near her feet which she quickly snatched.

“Just don’t get affected and don’t feel down. It’s not even wrong to date the person you love. I and President Cha will take care of this. I just hope SMEnt won’t deny the rumor.” He said and gave her an assuring smile.

Ye Na sighed too and unlocked her phone because of a text message. When she opened the message she almost had a heart attack and threw her phone on her bed.

She can’t breathe properly and her manager stood up to take some water and let her drink. He took her phone and saw the message.

It was Ye Na’s picture with blood around it. It surely was photo shopped but it looked real.

“I’m going to report this number and all those who have given you death threat. Don’t try to stop me this time,” he said and made a call.

Kyungsoo on the other hand was called by SMEnt president.

“I know the truth and you won’t even deny it. We will confirm the news provided that you don’t give comments and you won’t entertain questions that concerns that during your interviews. And you have to be careful if you want to meet her. You can go now,” the president said and Kyungsoo went out. He wanted to protest about the no entertaining of questions because he wanted to defend Ye Na from her anti’s but he couldn’t do anything. He pulled his hair in frustration and made a call.

“We’ll confirm the news but you have to stay quiet about it. WE have to wait until Kyungsoo talks before you do. If we let you talk, a lot of the anti’s will have their say again and you will be misunderstood. So please be careful okay? We will take care of everything. And don’t be bothered by the comments. At least, a lot of the fans support you and Kyungsoo. We also support you, Ye Na.” Cha Taehyun advised.

After a while, both SMEnt and Blossom Ent released their confirmation about Kyungsoo and Ye Na’s relationship. They also extended their support to the couple and they stated how beautiful the real loveteam is going. They also asked the fans to keep on supporting the two.

“Do you really need to go to school today?” Kyungsoo asked Ye Na over the phone.

“I have to. I can’t miss school now that I have a light schedule. Don’t worry, I will be fine,” she assured but Kyungsoo can’t help but worry. He was on his way to the airport for the filming of another mini drama with Yoon Shi Yoon and Kim Saeron.

“I’ll call you tonight then. Please be safe for me. I love you,” he said and Ye Na smiled as though Kyungsoo can see her.

“You, too. Don’t get overworked. Saranghaeyo,” she said and ended the call.

She know very well that going out even when the rumor was settled can be dangerous because of her anti’s but she wanted to show that she won’t get affected. That she is strong for her and Kyungsoo. That love has made her stronger and tougher.

Soon as she got off from her car, some girls shouted and and egg landed on her shoulder then one after the other came. Ye Na’s manager blocked her and told her to go inside the car first. The girls didn’t stop not until the security guards from the university came to stop them.

Ye Na looked at her reflection on the front mirror and she was a mess. Tears filled her eyes and she knew it wasn’t easy to love an idol that have a lot of fans who are ready to fight.

She couldn’t blame them for doing such. She understands how they feel because she knows that idols like Kyungsoo are their sole inspiration in life and them getting a girl to love will cause heart break.

She took some tissue and wiped the eggs on her hair. Her manager got inside the car and drove off.

“Are you okay?” he asked, still driving.

“Oppa, please don’t let this news be known to Kyungsoo-oppa. I don’t want him to worry about me.” She pleaded.

“This is serious Ye Na,” he commented.

“I know, that’s why I don’t want him to know about it. Not even my brother. Minseok has a different attitude towards this thing,” she said as she removed the egg shell on her shirt.

---

“I don’t like what is going on right now. If I know, a lot of Kyungsoo’s immature and crazy fans are bashing my dongsaeng. I can’t help but worry. And where is Kyungsoo? What is he doing at this time of issues?” Xiumin ranted, his co-members trying to calm him down.

“Hyung, you know how the industry works. And you know how our president takes care of things. Kai’s rumor for example, he didn’t allow them to talk about it. So please don’t blame Kyungsoo hyung too much,” Chanyeol said.

“Even so! This isn’t right. He has to keep his word to be qualified for my sister. I don’t want my sister to be hurt once again,” Xiumin insisted.

“Hyung, this is between Kyungsoo and Ye Na. I know I am not in the place to say this but let’s let them deal with it together. I know how you feel as a brother but you have to understand the situation too,” Suho said and every one of them kept quiet.

“This won’t do. I have to do something.” Xiumin stood up like he didn’t hear anything from s. They just let him be since they can’t stop him anymore. They just hoped that it won’t result into another argument with the president.

---

A week has passed but the news of Ye Na and Kyungsoo was still trending over the internet and every day, Ye Na receives death threats from her anti’s, in the form of a gift or a message. Her manager kept on reporting them even if she tells him not to.

“Don’t do it. Just stay at home,” Xiumin insisted. Ye Na had a schedule of fan signing together with JB, Jhia and Kyungsoo since their drama was still a hit. The confirmation of Ye Na and Kyungsoo’s relationship made the viewers want to watch the drama more since they wanted to see the chemistry of both actors.

“I can’t hide forever. And the issue has been cleared. Can’t yo just trust me and Kyungsoo?” Ye Na told him and he became quiet. He couldn’t come up with a retort.

“Then be careful. I won’t sit still if anything happens.” Xiumin warned and left. Ye Na looked at her manager and assured that she is fine.

The artists arrived at the same time and made their entrance.

Kyungsoo looked at Ye Na and saw that she was uneasy. He took a deep breath and held her hand tight. Ye Na was startled but Kyungsoo gave her an assuring smile.

They walked hand in hand, with JB and Jhia behind them. A lot of fans were cheering on Ye Na and Kyungsoo, which somehow put Ye Na to ease.

The fan signing started and they gladly entertained the fans demands, from taking selca together to signing their personalized photo albums and Complicated 18 merchandises. All of them were enjoying and it somehow put their mind away from the recent news about them. Ye Na and Kyungsoo posed for a photo for their fans and the fans demanded for a kiss but Ye Na declined, Kyungsoo however kissed her on her forehead and the fans cheered.

Pose after pose, Jhia and JB joined in until they made funny poses.

Another fan came to them and put and album directly in front of Ye Na. She opened to sign it but she was taken aback from what she saw. It was the same with the photo that was sent to her when the rumor about her and Kyungsoo resurfaced.

Soon as she moved back, a lot of eggs and tomatoes came flying. An egg hit Ye Na’s cheeks and the shell wonded her. Kyungsoo stood up and blocked everything. He was facing Ye Na as he takes all the eggs and tomatoes. She was already crying and his heart was breaking. That was the first time he saw her cry in front of her.

JB and Jhia tried to block Kyungsoo and Ye Na. That was when the guards dragged the anti-fans out of the place.

Kyungsoo was still looking at Ye Na and he was cursing himself. He knows very well that those are his fans and that was the first time he regretted being an idol. The one he loves is getting hurt because of him.

He pulled Ye Na and hugged her tight. As he whispers her to pull herself together and that he is with her. And that he won’t let that thing happen once again.

News broke out about the incident immediately and Xiumin was alarmed. He promised to not sit still when Kyungsoo comes home. He called SMEnt president and confirmed what they had talked earlier that week.

Yixing was in his studio when he saw the article. He asked his manager about his schedule immediately and when they successfully cancelled the event, he went directly to the airport.

Kyungsoo called his agency and asked permission if he can release a statement but the president disagreed. He told him that the agency will take care of the incident.

Kyungsoo held Ye Na’s hand and kept on apologizing for what happened.

“Oppa, I’m really okay now. Please stop saying sorry. I don’t ever want to hear that from you. it was never your fault,” she assured.

“Look at what they did to your beautiful face. I can’t allow them to scratch my Ye Na’s precious beauty. For the last time, I am sorry for this incident. I promise to protect you even more.” He said and Ye Na leaned on his shoulder. Another tear escaped from her eyes and she just wanted to sleep on his arms. She can feel secured if they stayed that way. And she didn’t want him to go.

---

SMEnt released their statement about Ye Na and Kyungsoo’s incident during the fan signing. They hoped that something like that won’t happen once again.

Cha Taehyun, as Ye Na’s CEO, took to Instagram his frustration about the incident.

He posted his photo with his wife together with Kyungsoo and Ye Na eating together and placed a lengthy caption.

‘Being with this adorable couple is one of the best dinners I and my wife had. We had a few talks and she kept on saying that they look good together and that they should never break up. I am just saddened about what happened today. Why does it appear like it is a sin to love? Why does it look like love will never be granted for the idols and artists who fall for each other? And why does it need to be dealt with this way. We understand very well the feelings of the fans who loved Kyungsoo and Ye Na separately. If I were in your shoes, I would also feel hurt because the person that I looked up to and the person which I wanted to be in the future has already found his significant other. But I would never do what they did today. I would never do something that would disappoint that person which I loved from a far. I would rather support them and be happy about them than do something that would show my idol how harsh I am. Does doing bad about his significant other make you look good? Does it make you standout and your idol will like you for that? The answer of course is a big NO. So I just hope that before we do something, we have to think about it a trillion times. I just hope that instead of sending hate, you would send love and support. We all understand the fans feelings because we’ve seen a lot of them so we can only empathize. But we hope that being a fan won’t make you a wicked person. Ye Na have become like my daughter and I support her with what she wants. How can I even tell her not to date Kyungsoo if I can see how much she changes and matures because of love? How can I become a wicked CEO and ‘dad’ to a daughter who found love? Can’t we just live in love and peace?’

Ye Na shed a few tears because of Cha Taehyun’s post. It also gained a lot of positive comments from his fans and YeSoo’s fans.

She called Cha Taehyun to thank him and he assured that everything will be alright. And he told her not to give up on love.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was held by Xiumin on his collar soon as he arrived at the dorm. Xiumin’s blood was still boiling because of the incident and Kyungsoo just accepted getting hit.

“You promised me that you will protect my sister! Why can’t you do anything now? I trusted you because I know you are a good person but you’re making me regret about it!” Xiumin bellowed as the other members stopped him from hitting Kyungsoo once again.

“I’m sorry hyung,” Kyungsoo muttered.

“Sorry?! So if you tell me you’re sorry, things will get better? Stop with your nonsense. Do something or you’ll never see my sister once again!” He warned as he took his coat and went out.

Suho, Chen and Baekhyun followed Xiumin as Chanyeol, Kai and Baekhyun helped Kyungsoo up. But he raised his hand and told them he was fine. He went directly to his room and looked at the stars.

‘I failed my promise from both Xiumin hyung and you,’ he whispered as tears fell down through his cheeks.

Kyungsoo was still thinking of the incident and everything that Xiumin said when Yixing came in.

“What are you trying to do? Will you really keep quiet? Won’t you do anything with your fans? I planned to keep my feelings to myself but you showed me that you will only hurt her. I should have competed if I knew this would happen. Ye Na don’t deserve the hate and the pain. She doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment from your fans. If you will just hurt her, better let her go. I can’t sit back and watch that she is getting hurt because of you.” Yixing stated and went out.

“Do you…do you perhaps love her too?” Kyungsoo asked, wanting to confirm Yixing’s actions.

“I loved her first. I loved her even if she loved you. And I still love her and I’m willing to take her away from you if you won’t fix this thing.” Yixing admitted before leaving the room. Kyungsoo was lost for words. But he didn’t want to let Ye Na go. He loves her very much and he won’t allow anyone to take her away from him.

Yixing, on the other hand, went to the balcony to get some air. He closed his eyes and remembered all the moments he had with Ye Na. He had felt something when Ye Na stepped in that day in the hospital during Xiumin’s accident. And he confirmed his feelings when Ye Na sang a song for him that night when they were alone, outside the Kim’s residence. When he saw Kyungsoo confessing Ye Na that night, during their birthday surprise, he decided to keep his feelings to himself. He knows very well that Kyungsoo is a good person and he is happy to support them, especially if Ye Na is happy. But now that things have turned out that way, he was willing to tell Ye Na about the truth and compete for her feelings. He told himself not to stay away from the two if Ye Na will keep on getting hurt.

---

The next day, Ye Na furiously went to EXO’s dorm and went inside Xiumin’s room.

“What is this?! Are you seriously leaving me again?!” Ye Na barked as her tears fell from her eyes.

She read an article that says Xiumin will be going to the army and that his agency confirmed it. There was even a statement from Xiumin that was attached that he is really happy to go to the army.

“Stop being so childish. I will have to go anyway,” Xiumin replied coldly.

“Right! I am being childish once again! I’m sorry I am feeling childish over losing my brother once again! I’m sorry I am being childish because the person who I wanted to comfort me the most is leaving me! I am sorry I am being a dead weight to you right now!” she shouted as her feet gave up, making her sit down on her knees. Xiumin immediately caught her and hugged her.

“Mianhe. Please don’t think that way. This is my decision and you have nothing to do with this so don’t say you are being a dead weight, a burden to me because you never were. This is the only way I know to draw people’s attention. This is the only way that people will leave you.

The day Xiumin talked to the President of SMEnt that was the only proposition that the agency gave him to help Ye Na and Kyungsoo with their situation. It was also hard for the agency since Xiumin is part of a widely known group but they don’t want to stop him since they’ve been controlling them ever since they started working with him. Since it will become very big news, it will divert people’s attention. He deliberated about it but when Ye Na and Kyungsoo’s incident during the fan signing happened, he decided right away.

---

“What do you mean? Please tell me you are just kidding, don’t say that again, okay?” Kyungsoo pleaded.

After Ye Na heard of her brother’s enlistment in the army and Kyungsoo getting beaten up by Xiumin, she decided to just end everything. She didn’t want to let go of Kyungsoo but being with him would only complicate things.

“I’m sorry, Oppa. I think this time isn’t really for us. Don’t worry, we will still see each other. It’s just that it’s not going to be the same anymore.” She said and turned away. She can’t look at him any longer. The guy who made her smile once again and the guy who brought a different melody in her heart is crying in front of her, begging her not to go.

“Ye Na, please.”

“I hope you stay well. I will still support you, oppa.” She said and ran away, towards her car.

Soon as she got in, she can’t stop crying. Her manager comforted her and he can only listen to all her rant and everything that her heart had been bearing. The hurt that she suffered from her break up with Jackson was nothing compared to her break up with Kyungsoo. It felt like a dream that ended right away and that is what she hated the most. She’s already happy being with him, being with her brother, being in the industry, but now, everything has just crashed because of love.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, seemed to have lost his mind. He had an emotional break down and he can only cry out loud as he punch the tree and kick the garbage bin. ‘Life is really unfair,’ he thought. ‘And life is not life if I’m not with her,’ he thought once again.