P: 4

PromiseS

Third person P.O.V

The special performances continued and a special stage was held with the trending couple Jackson and Youngji, Kai and Krystal, Shin hye and Jong Suk, Bogum and Irene.

 

They provided fan service for all those who are supporting and rooting for their loveteam. Although some of them weren’t dating in real life, they still showed a good chemistry in front of their fans.

 

It was a heartwarming sight for everyone but not for Ye Na. She kept telling herself ‘It’s okay’ but the pain wouldn’t go. She had bared the pain for a long time and she thought she can manage but that moment was the worst.

 

Since Jackson and Youngji were announced to be a real life couple, all she can do is hide and watch from afar. All she can do is tell her heart not to worry because Jackson loves her, but every time Jackson and Youngji kiss, the pain is unbearable.

 

While looking at the love of her life, she can’t help herself to think of the ‘what if’s’ she missed. What if she just tried the JYP audition once? What if she got into JYP? What if she has known Jackson earlier? What if she is the one at stage together with Jackson?

 

Maybe, she wouldn’t be hiding at the backstage. Maybe…she wouldn’t get hurt that much. Maybe…the spotlight that Youngji is sharing with Jackson could have been hers.

 

“Are you okay?” Someone behind her asked and she turned to him. It was JB.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay.” She replied with a smile.

 

“But you are crying,” he commented and that was the only time that Ye Na felt her cheeks being wet from her tears. She was about to wipe her tears when JB was quick enough to do it for her.

 

“I know how that feels. I know how it feels to watch your beloved be with someone else. I know how painful it is to see them happy together. So it’s okay to cry, there is nothing wrong in crying because it is the only way our heart can express how hurt we are.” He comforted her with a soft voice. Ye Na, on the other hand, kept on wiping her tears because she didn’t want someone to see her crying.

 

“Thank you for the words, JB. I really appreciate it. But I want to be alone for now.” Ye Na stated and excused her. JB nodded.

 

When Ye Na was completely out of sight, Jhia cleared to make her presence known to JB. He turned to her and saw a hint of jealousy on her face. He can even feel the heated atmosphere and he didn’t want to make that worse.

 

“What was that? Are you seriously going to keep this up? Disobeying our rules?” Jhia demanded but JB didn’t respond. They were enveloped in silence. But Jhia spoke once again.

 

“You know, we can really stop this game if you are tired.” Jhia avowed with a straight face. JB was taken a back and he didn’t know what to say.

 

“Since you didn’t stick to the rules from the start, I think we should just stop this. I don’t want a weak heart to ruin my plan in the end.” She added and it made JB very mad.

 

“You know what? You are right! We should just stop this here because I really hate doing this! I thought we had a very good start but I am getting hurt each day she gets hurt. I thought you are going to be true to your words but you are ruthless! You are worse than what I thought. You even dare hurt your friend just to get what you want! She treated you as a real friend, like a real sister and here you are, trying to ruin her life!” He avowed and walked out of the backstage.

 

Jhia was left in disbelief but she could care less. ‘It was something that was meant to happen anyway’ she told herself and shrugged, focusing her eyes on the stage, at someone she always longed for. It was Jackson. She always had her eyes on Jackson ever since her audition at JYP. Jackson was the first one who approached her and even before that incident, she was a big fan of him so she really loved it when she became friends with him.

 

But she never expected that introducing Ye Na to him would break her heart. So she made a way to still keep her watch on him which was fulfilled when she learned that JB liked Ye Na after she introduced her to the group. Since then, she blackmailed JB and because JB was a good friend, he gave in thinking that he can protect his friendship with Jackson, as well as keeping Ye Na from getting hurt. Youngji, coming in the picture, was a perfect unexpected part of Jhia’s plan and she needs Youngji to break Ye Na and Jackson apart.

 

But now that it came to that situation, Jhia could only think of the way she could make Jackson believe in her before she cut her ties with Ye Na.

 

Meanwhile, after Ye Na excused her from JB, she run through the left hallway so she can go to the comfort room but she wasn’t even halfway there when she bumped into someone.

 

It was EXO’s Xiumin. They both looked at each other. And Xiumin, upon seeing the tears in her eyes, tried to say something but before he could utter a word Ye Na run away from him. He was about to follow her when he heard his group members coming out of their designated room.

 

After the performances were completed that evening, the idols busied themselves entertaining their fans until they rode their vans and headed to their companies. Ye Na and the other staff were left to clean up and fix the stuffs that were used.

 

She was in charge of managing those things so she couldn’t go home directly after her conversation with JB. She didn’t want to burden her mates so she decided to stay even though she was out of it.

 

Two hours later, everything was back to its proper place and the staffs started to go home. Ye Na was the last one to leave since the JYP artists were still in the campus for their fan signing and she had to make sure every key is returned to the school guard.

 

When Jackson excused himself from the crowd to comfort himself, he spotted Ye Na on the hallway and he hid himself to surprise her.

 

“Boo!” He exclaimed as he let out a hearty laugh, then Ye Na squealed.

 

Jackson continued to laugh to her reaction but she displayed a serious face and started to walk again, totally ignoring him.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry.” He apologized but Ye Na kept her silence.

 

Jackson held her hand and hugged her tight.

 

“I’m sorry, babe. I think it had been a stressful day for you. I’m sorry for being insensitive.” He whispered to her ears and she shook her head.

 

“It’s okay,” She replied and pulled away from his hug.

 

“I’m going home,” she added.

Of course it was a lie but she didn’t know what to tell him that very moment. Jackson was about to protest when his manager called him back.

 

“I’ll call you later. Get home safe, okay?” He said in a hurry and went off without waiting for her reply.

 

Ye Na decided to go to the comfort room before going to the guard house. She was about to enter when she heard Youngji’s voice and some other girl she couldn’t recognize the voice.

 

“She’s just a loser. She can’t even show the world that she is the real girlfriend. She is really pitiful. And as long as she stays as a commoner, she will always be hidden. Eventually, he will just dump her.” She heard Youngji say.

 

“I know right. He is a guy and he gets tired of such game. That Ye Na girl- I hope she wakes up and realize she doesn’t really belong to his world.” The other girl commented and even if she wanted to defend herself, she doesn’t have the strength to do so. She lost all her strength with everything she heard.

 

As tears flowed down through her cheeks, she backed off and started to walk away.

 

It had been the worst day of her life and she just wanted to go home.