P: 6

PromiseS

Ye Na woke up with the sound of knocking on her door. She slowly opened her eyes and she realized she isn’t in her room, not her room in her dorm. She roamed her sight and finally recognized her real room.

 

It was still the same, the arrangement of her stuffs, her study table facing the window, her photo album stocked in the rack near her study table, her books at the personalized book shelf her dad made for her, stacked at the wall. It’s her room there at her parent’s house.

 

She tried to remember how she got there and she wished she didn’t. A sudden pang in her head hit her and she wished it would just go but it didn’t. The pain was trying to torture her brain and she hated that.

 

From her consolation of what happened last night, she remembered that she was drunk. She was emotionally depressed and so she got drunk. The event of that day came back to her memory. That event made her drunk and that event sent her home.

 

“Ye Na, are you awake?” Her Dad asked from outside as he continued to knock.

 

Ye Na shook her head as if to brush away the thought she just remembered, even the headache that’s still trying to keep her on her bed. But she managed to stand up and went to open the door.

 

“Good morning Dad,” she greeted with a sweet smile, although it didn’t really hide that she wasn’t okay.

 

“Good morning dear. I am planning of giving you an earful lecture but because I needed to go to work, I’ll talk to you this evening.” Her Dad noted and she wasn’t smiling anymore.

 

“I’m sorry, Dad,” She whispered and bowed her head. Just in time she was about to cry, her Dad pulled her into a big, warm hug.

 

“I’m kidding. I just want to check in. I want to see that you are okay before I leave. And I just want you to open up, I’m not really mad. Because it wasn’t your fault and because you are my daughter; I understand how you feel,” He assured and Ye Na’s tears started to fall.

 

“Thanks Dad,” was the only words she needed to say at the moment. She knew and her Dad knew that.

 

“I’ll be off then. I’ll see you this evening. Make sure you cook a delicious food with your Mom for dinner, okay?” He said pulling away from the hug.

 

“Yes, Dad. Take care then,” Ye Na agreed and wiped her tears. Her Dad went down and a little while, Ye Na heard her Dad’s car pull out of the garage. She was still standing on her door when her cellphone rang.

 

She went in her room, took her phone near the bedside table and sat on her bed before she looked at the screen for the caller.

 

JB Calling…

 

She honestly didn’t want to talk to any of them, GOT7. After what happened 2 days ago, she didn’t want to face any of them.

 

The first ring ended and she sighed in relief. But after a few seconds, her phone rang again.

 

JB Calling…

 

But she owed JB a lot; for the past 2 days of her most painful heartbreak and the weeks she argued with Jhia, he was always there even if she brushed him off. He stayed near her even if she kept on pushing him away. He comforted her when everyone turned their back on her. He didn’t mind what the others would say about him or what would it make him. He just stayed there for her.

 

Then the ring ended again. She was about to turn her phone off when it rang for the third time.

 

JB Calling…

 

She decided to reject the call…but she did the opposite.

 

“Thank God you finally answered.” She heard him say. She just nodded, as if JB could see it.

 

“Are you okay? After your call last night, I seriously can’t sleep. You scared me to death. I’m really worried.” He admitted.

 

Ye Na tried to remember what was JB talking about and a memory that was somewhat blurry popped in her mind. She called JB last night, she was crying and she was cursing. She was cursing herself and JB was calming her.

 

“I’m fine,” she commented. She bit her lip to not say anything more.

 

“Look, if you need someone to talk to or somewhere to vent out your feelings, call me and I’ll be there,” He advised. Ye Na bit her lip once again. This is unfair, for JB. He is not part of this and he shouldn’t be dragged into this.

 

“JB-ah,” She began. JB was quiet; he can feel he’s going to hear something he didn’t want to. But he remained quiet.

 

“I really appreciate you always being there for me. I am really grateful because you didn’t avoid me even after what happened. But I don’t want to drag you into my mess. I don’t want you to sacrifice something just because of me. Oppa, I hope you can help me get through this by letting me be alone. I want to fix myself alone and I hope you understand that.” She avowed and waited for his reply.

 

“I don’t understand,” he mumbled.

 

“Thank you and sorry, JB-ah,” She said and ended the call. JB mused as he realized his cheeks were wet from his tears. And now, she lost her. She lost the only girl he loved.

 

Ye Na, on the other hand, sighed heavily. She didn’t want to let go of a good friend who is real to her but she didn’t want to hurt him too just because she was hurting.

 

She didn’t want to sulk herself from loneliness so she decided to check her room, to comfort herself through remembering her happy days inside that room, in that house. She took some of the photo albums she compiled herself and went back to sit on her bed.

 

The moment she opened it, she smiled at the candid photo in front of her eyes.

 

It was she and her brother in the photo. It was taken when they were grilling outside their house. She was laughing and her brother was crying. She read the caption and can’t help herself from smiling.

 

‘Oppa is such a cry baby but I love him.’ It said.

 

She was on the third page when her mother called from downstairs for breakfast. So she closed the album and went down.

 

When she took a seat, her Mom just looked at her, carefully examining her.

 

“Are you okay? Does your head hurt?” She asked as worry covered her voice. Ye Na took her mom’s hand and looked at her.

 

“I’m okay, Mom. And don’t worry, the headache is bearable,” she assured and that wasn’t enough for her Mom to settle her mind. But looking at her daughter who is trying to be strong, she kept her silence as she held on to her daughter’s hand tighter, not wanting to make her daughter breakdown.

 

JB, on the other hand, was still crying and he was still holding his phone to his ear. He didn’t really want to cry because crying would only make him feel worthless. But he was crying that he didn’t even notice Bambam entering the room.

 

“Hyung! What’s going on? Are you okay?” Bambam rushed to him and that was the only time he was snapped back to reality. He was hurt and he is mad towards the person who caused this mess. His anger needed to be vented out or else he might lose his mind.

 

Hyung, what’s going on? Are you okay?” Bambam repeated but JB didn’t answer, he got up and passed by Bambam’s left side, totally ignoring him. He was not in his right mind anymore, all he knows is that he needed to fix this thing or he’ll regret it. ‘Someone needs to be punished for this mess’ He thought and went out of the vocals room, going directly to the practice room.

 

As he entered, Bambam tried to stop him. When he realized that JB was acting indifferent, he knew what was coming and he didn’t want s to engage into a fight, not right now. Not during the day before they go to Busan for their fan meeting.

But JB was not in his real self at the moment so he can’t be stopped. The moment Bambam tried to hold him in place, JB’s fist already hit Jackson’s cheek.

 

Ya! What was that for?” Jackson groaned as he tried to stand up but another fist landed on his face.

 

“That’s for hurting her and treating her like a piece of garbage!” JB barked and was still determined to hurt him. The other members tried to stop them and even their manager helped in the process.

 

“This is for me telling you that you are a total jerk!” And another punch landed on Jackson’s face.

 

“Hey! Stop!” Their manager screamed but they ignored him.

 

Jackson received enough punches so his blood boiled and decided to get his revenge. JB got 2 hits on his cheek and his lip was a total mess.

 

It looked impossible to stop them already so their manager went in between and received the punches instead. That was the only time JB and Jackson realized that they weren’t already hitting each other. It made them stop.

 

When Jackson was about to talk, JB went out of the room. JB is not the type to talk after a fight; he doesn’t even want to talk to Jackson, not for the moment.