P: 17

PromiseS

As what Cha Taehyun told Ye Na, her issue with Jackson died after a few days.

She's already fine and she is stronger knowing that there are people who won't turn their back on her even if the world does.

She's back to her old happy and cheerful self. Xiumin worried about her acting all fine but when he saw her laugh; he knew she was over the issue and the pain.

"Did you hear that Yoojung withdraw from her role just yesterday?" her manager reported. They are on the way to the first shoot for her new drama.

"What? Why?" Ye Na uttered in shock. She always wanted to do a drama with Yoojung but it's like they really won't be together.

"Her schedule in one of her dramas overlapped. There was a change in the time slot so they needed to change their taping day." He explained.

"I'll give her a call later. But who will replace her?"

"That I do not know."

Ye Na thought of the possible artists that can replace Yoojung but couldn't think of any. She took her phone and decided to give Yoojung a call.

On the other hand, JB and Kyungsoo arrived at the set. The director approached them immediately and informed them about the situation. They went inside the tent made especially for the artists and introduced them to the new cast, Yoojung's permanent substitute.

 

Upon seeing her, JB froze to where he was standing. He didn't expect her.

Ye Na and Yoojung's phone conversation ended by the time she arrived at the set but she was not able to ask Yoojung about her substitute.

She went out of the car and JB immediately approached her. He pulled her and they hid at the back of her car.

"Ye Na-ah, you still have a chance if you want to back out." He hinted.

"What do you mean? Why are you acting this way?" Ye Na was puzzled at the sudden suggestion from JB.

Ye Na opened to say something but her manager approached them and told them to proceed at the tent.

JB held her hand, his eyes communicating. That was the time Ye Na saw the hate and sadness in JB's eyes, the same expression on the same set of eyes which she witnessed not so long ago.

"She's here," he whispered.

"Who's she?"

Their eyes were still trying to comprehend each other’s messages when someone approached them.

"Long time no see, Ye Na." The familiar voice said. She turned around and saw the person which she hoped she'll not see again, after what happened to them back on those days.

---

After the awkward introduction, the atmosphere became even more awkward. They were almost done with the tenth scene but the director kept on shouting 'cut' every time JB and Jhia talk.

The director called for a break and Jhia smirked before going to her own tent.

Ye Na approached JB and he just looked at her.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Should I be?"

"JB-ah..."

"How can I be okay if every time I see her, all I can remember is your pain? How can I be okay if the person who contributed a lot with your painful memory is here with us?" He said without really asking for an answer.

"Should we really be affected with her presence? I mean...if we show her that we're affected, she'll get into our nerves even more." She advised and JB looked at her in the eye.

"How can you be so strong?"

"I learned that if I try to be strong, I will be fine on my own. And no one can look down on me," she said and smiled. JB messed her hair.

Kyungsoo witnessed everything but he looked like a spectator who has no idea about what is going on. He made a mental note to ask Ye Na about it if she ever talks to him once again. And by talking, he missed talking to her. They did talk a lot of times for a short while but the day Ye Na went to the dorm late that night during the summer that was the kind of talking he really missed.

 

---

"Cut!" The director shouted and that was how the first shooting ended.

"Thank you for your good work," said the casts as the director approached JB and Jhia who ended the last scene.

"See. You can actually work together. I know that everything is awkward here but please, try to get along," he said and left them after the two bowed to him.

"You haven't even changed at all," Jhia commented and JB smirked.

"This is the same guy who you dated years ago. I hope you remember that," JB retorted and left. Jhia snickered and saw Ye Na.

"Ye Na-ah!" She called and Ye Na turned to her. They were standing face to face across each other.

"How have you been?" She asked without really minding for an answer.

"Great. And thanks for doing that, I realized a lot."

"Good for you. You’re really doing great these days," she complimented bitterly.

"You, too. Seeing that you’re talking to me with this attitude, I guess you haven't even changed." Ye Na commented and Jhia frowned. She was about to say something when Kyungsoo appeared out of nowhere.

"Let's go?" He interrupted.

"Yeah, Oppa." Ye Na agreed as they walk away, going to Kyungsoo's car.

She asked him earlier if she can go with him to the dorm. It's EXO's free day and Ye Na wanted to visit Xiumin so Kyungsoo agreed.

Ye Na's manager reminded her of her schedule before they parted.

When they got inside the car, Kyungsoo made sure that Ye Na's seat was comfortable and that it won't irritate her.

"How was today, Oppa?" Ye Na asked to start a conversation since the silence between them was deafening.

"It was fun. I had fun," he commented.

"Me, too. Our first meeting was really funny. I keep holding my laughter," she seconded.

"And we were scolded by the director," he chuckled.

Then they became silent again.

"Oppa, I know you were really awkward back there." She mentioned and Kyungsoo looked at her.

"Not the awkward ‘because-it’s-the-first-time-that-we’re-doing-a-drama-together’ one. It’s the awkward ‘because-three-of-your-co-stars-are-awkward-with-each-other’ one. We actually had a not-so-impressive past with Jhia. That explains why JB hated her and she is indifferent towards me. This is about the whole JackYe issue and I hate that our lives kept on revolving in this issue. I've gotten over it and I hope we can all just live peacefully." She confessed and Kyungsoo remained silent. He just wanted to listen to her.

"Funny how life goes, I've forgiven her and I don't want to see her but life has its funny way of reminding me things." She sighed and looked out of the window.

"Will you be okay?..." He hesitated.

"Being with her?" He added.

She faced him and gave him a smile.

"Rest assured, oppa," she replied.

---

That evening, Ye Na and Kyungsoo cooked for the whole group. Ye Na actually volunteered to cook alone but Kyungsoo insisted that he would help. Kyungsoo knew that she is tired from the shooting so he wanted to make sure that she doesn’t get tired even more.

“Thank you for the food!” Everyone yelled and they started digging on their food.

“How was today?” Xiumin asked Ye Na who was seated on his right side.

“Great!” She cheered but Xiumin saw a hint of uneasiness from his sister’s smile so he looked at her even more.

“What? I’m not lying, you can ask Kyungsoo-oppa about it.” Ye Na said when Xiumin won’t look away.

“Ay, hyung! She did have fun. I did, too. Ye Na is really fun to be with. I enjoyed every scene I had with her,” Kyungsoo came in to her rescue.

“Ya! Isn’t it too early to confess Kyungie?” Kai commented accompanying it with a chuckle.

“Wa! Are you making me jealous right now, hyung?” Sehun reacted and he got a slap on his head from Xiumin.

“Did you even wash your clothes on the sofa?” Xiumin scolded.

“Hyung, do you really have to say that?”

“I am just saying you are not qualified to date my sister.” Xiumin argued.

“Then is Kyungsoo-hyung qualified?” Sehun retorted and Kyungsoo secretly hoped for a positive answer. He also felt weird about feeling that way but he didn’t bother to ask himself.

“What about us?” Chanyeol and Baekhyun added.

“Do you really have to talk about things like this when our Ye Na is here?” Chen interrupted and Ye Na sighed in relief. ‘These guys are no joke,’ she thought.

“And Ye Na said she really had fun, why don’t you just believe her?” Suho scolded Xiumin jokingly.

“Ya! I’m still your hyung,” Xiumin commented.

“And I’m your leader,” Suho retorted which made them chuckle.

“But why isn’t Yixing-oppa coming, does he have a schedule?” Ye Na asked, she was looking for Yixing since they got home. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, felt another thing when she suddenly asked about Yixing.

“He’ll be here later. Our manager said he just got off the plane from China.” Baekhyun replied.

“He’s really working hard these days. That’s why…don’t ever let him go, okay?” Ye Na avowed and they all chuckled.

“Yeah!” They replied and continued to eat.

After eating, Ye Na told them that she can do the dishes but Suho asked Baekhyun and Chanyeol to do it instead.

“Aren’t you tired?” Xiumin asked Ye Na. They are standing on the balcony to get some sibling time.

“I’m not; we haven’t done a lot of tiring things.” She replied, her eyes directed to the skies. Xiumin looked up too.

“Oppa,” Ye Na started.

“Yeah?”

“Jhia was there.” She confessed and Xiumin looked at her.

“The thing is…I thought I will be mad at her but I think I’ve totally forgiven her. I’m totally over the past but I think she isn’t.” She continued.

“I just hope that she will learn to forget the past. I hope we could start all over again,” she said.

“Well, it’s her choice if she wants to do so. But please don’t ever get hurt, okay? I don’t even want to see you wasted because she got into your nerves,” Xiumin advised.

“Don’t worry, Oppa. I really am fine on my own,” she said. They looked up at the stars for few minutes before Ye Na told Xiumin to go inside since he has a CF shoot for tomorrow. Xiumin told her to go inside later too so she won’t catch some colds.

While looking at the stars, Ye Na realized that it was the first time her head wasn’t pre-occupied by her problems. It was the first time she talked to the stars about her great day.

After a while, Kyungsoo poked his head in the sliding door towards the balcony.

“Aren’t you going to sleep? I’ve already fixed your room,” he asked. There was a special room in the dorm which was designed for Ye Na since Xiumin’s accident.

“Later, oppa. You should really rest. You’ve had a long day,” she said with a smile.

“Then, go inside later okay? You’ll catch some colds if you stay there longer,” he said and Ye Na nodded. Kyungsoo was about to go but he turned around and poked his head on the door once again.

“Good night, Ye Na. Thanks for today,” he said.

“Good night, too, Oppa. And I am more grateful for today.” She replied. Kyungsoo turned away and walked to his room, with a smile on his face.