P: 2

PromiseS

Third person P.O.V

Hearts everywhere, red shirts all around; anywhere around the campus feels the air of love. Time passed rapidly that they didn’t even realize it was already Valentine’s Day.

 

Ye Na was on her way to her locker when Jr. stopped her on her tracks and smiled narrowly, his lips almost reaching his ears.

 

“Happy Valentines crush!” Jr. greeted her as he handed a rose. Ye Na blushed because of the unexpected gift from Jr. early in the morning.

 

“Wah! Happy Valentines, too. Thank you, Jr.” Ye Na greet back and took the rose.

 

“You’re always welcome crush! Based on what I can see, I think I am very lucky this morning,” he bragged with a proud grin.

 

“The reason?” She inquired.

 

“I am the first one to hand you my gift and you're the first one I saw soon as I went out of the room.” He revealed.

 

“How much do you like me anyway?” Ye Na teased.

 

“This much,” He said and extended his arm to hug her. She smiled and was about to accept Jr’s open arms but Jackson came in time to stay between them.

 

“That's enough.” Jackson poked Jr's forehead to stop him as he held Ye Na’s hand.

 

“Geez. I was just trying to be close to my crush.” Jr. growled jokingly.

 

“Sorry bro. I'm possessive,” Jackson boasted. Ye Na and Jr. just chuckled.

 

“We'll go first.” Jackson said and they went off.

 

Jr. waved goodbye until he can’t see them on the hallway.

 

Meanwhile, Jackson led Ye Na to the exit where no one uses frequently believing that the exit is haunted. They were both quiet but Ye Na felt weird while walking along the stairs. She just held tighter on Jackson’s arm and didn’t initiate a conversation. She was busy looking behind her and the sides.

 

“Anyway, Happy Valentine's babe,” Jackson broke the silence and kissed her cheeks. That was the only time she realized they reached the school’s underground parking lot for idols since lots of idols are studying in their school.

 

“Too,” Ye Na replied and he stared at her.

 

“What?” She asked when she can’t stand his eyes glued to hers.


He didn't answer her but he was too serious. His aura bothered her and she tried to remember any bad thing she said or did just now that might have hurt him.

 
His eyes were pierced to hers but she can't read his expression.

 

Then he suddenly knelt down in front of her.

 

“Ya! Jackson, what're you doing?” She was confused of his unpredictable action.  Ye Na tried to help him stand but he didn't move, instead, he held on to her hands and looked at her intently.

 

“Ye Na, I know I am hard-headed sometimes, I have bad temper oftentimes and I get jealous a lot. But I do hope you understand me.” He confessed.

 

“I understand you. A lot. Always.” She convinced him not because she wanted to but because it was the truth. Jackson held on to her hand tighter.

 

“I may not be the perfect boyfriend; I may give you a hard time because of our situation but I will always do my best to protect you. I love you Ye Na, I’ll always will. You're the only girl I want to be with. Happy Valentines,” he added as he extended his right hand holding a blue rose and a ring on the stem.


Ye Na was deeply moved, she can’t even utter a single word. She didn’t even notice her tears flowing. When finally she found her tongue, she spoke.

 

“Ya! Jackson-ah! Why do you always have to do this? I am the one being rude and demanding to you. I am a bad girlfriend to you but you still have time to be sweet and thoughtful. Even so, I love YOU. Saying these words may not be enough but I hope you feel the love.” Ye Na’s voice quavered for a moment because of her tears. She accepted the rose then Jackson stood up, put the ring on her ring finger and hugged her.

 

Then when they parted from each other’s arms, Jackson kissed her on her forehead.

 

“Forever, You and Me.” He whispered as he moved her head to make sure their eyes locked with each other.

 

“Forever,” Ye Na whispered and hugged him.

 

They stayed that way for a while before letting go.

 

“But is this a couple ring? If it is, where's your ring?” Ye Na wondered. Instead of answering her, Jackson brought out something from inside his shirt. He used it as a pendant for his necklace.

 

It was the lace with a key pendant that Ye Na gave on their 100th day. Now that the ring is there with the key pendant, it looked perfect, complete.

 

“Then I should be wearing this ring as a necklace too. So it would match yours; the key and the ring for you, the lock and the ring for me.” Ye Na suggested.

 

“Just wear it on your ring finger today. I want to see how perfectly it fits there. Then tomorrow, you can put it on your lace.” He proposed and Ye Na liked the idea. It would be a waste if she didn’t even tried it on her finger for a day.

 

“Okay then.” She agreed and as if in a flash, she remembered where they are at the moment.

 

“Anyway, it’s so sweet of you to take me in a private place to give this unexpected present.” She commented and Jackson smiled at her.

 

“You’ll see more of my present for you this day,” He hinted and she got confused.

 

“What do you mean?” She arched an eyebrow and Jackson chuckled.

 

“Let’s go,” He said and held her hand very tight.

 

“Where are we going? I mean, we can’t skip our class,” She demanded.

 

“It would be a free day anyway and you know so well that teachers would just ask us to do our own projects and assignments in their subject so there’s nothing to miss,” he explained but Ye Na wasn’t convinced.

 

“So what I’m saying is let's skip school. Come on! It’s our 140th day and even though it’s not that special like our 100th, I want to spend my only free time with you, Valentine’s at that,” He explained further and that did it. Ye Na was convinced she just nodded.

 

“Just trust me on this, okay? It will be worthwhile.” He assured as he opened the passenger’s door for her.

 

“O-okay.” She stammered as she got in the car.

 

While they are on their way, Ye Na can’t stop looking at the street signs and names of familiar places. Some are really familiar but they passed by the toll gate and she couldn’t already recognize the place. She grew nervous and Jackson noticed it so he took her hand and kissed the back of it.

 

When they arrived, Ye Na processed everything. She just can't believe that she is seeing the place of her dreams for the first time. It’s really her biggest dream to visit the place because even if she can go there anytime, she had no chance because of her studies and other matters.

 

“Do you like it?” Jackson asked her while giving her a hug from behind.

 

“Super!” She cheered while looking at the beautiful place behind the fence full of love locks.

 

They are at Namsan Tower and this is the second to the last present Jackson has for Ye Na. Jackson didn’t really know that she wanted to visit this place, not until Jr. told him last week when Jr. had the chance to take a look at Ye Na’s essay.

 

“Thank you for this, Jackson. Although I never really told you how much I wanted to come here with you,” She admitted as she turned around and planted a kiss on his cheeks.

 

“Wow! That's very rare!” Jackson exclaimed and Ye Na blinked her eyes twice, trying to process Jackson’s reaction.

 

“Now I know when to get a kiss from you. Should we just live here?” He joked and it hit her.

 

She did give him a kiss rarely and she doesn’t just give it to him on ordinary days. She chuckled and hit his arm.

 

“Ya! You want to die?” She threatened but her voice came out in a jokingly manner.

 

“With you? Oh sure,” Jackson snorted as he inched closer to her and gave her another warm tight hug.

 

“You're receiving too much love from me now, huh? You might get spoiled,” Ye Na joked and he just chuckled.

 

“Before we forget, let's buy some locks and seal it with our love.” He suggested and dragged her excitedly into the store, not even waiting for her reply.

 

Once they got inside the store, Jackson made sure the other customers around won’t recognize him to make everything peaceful for him and Ye Na, even just for that day.

 

Ye Na, on the other hand, had forgotten that she is with an idol and treated Jackson like just someone of her kind. They wandered around the store to look for a lock that will suit their taste. Jackson found his quickly and started to right down his promise.

 

Ye Na, after a few minutes, found a very unique design that captured her heart in an instant. She went to the counter to pay for it but Jackson has already paid for her. She thanked him and they went to the benches where Ye Na wanted to write her promise. Jackson waited for her to finish and kept stealing a few peeks to see what she is writing but he always failed in reading even a single letter.

 

“Ready?” He asked her few minutes later.

 

“Almost,” She answered as she scribbled the 5 last words she wanted to lock forever.

 

“Done!” She cheered as she stood up.


Jackson held her hand and they walked at the same time towards the spot that Jackson has reserved specially for both of them.

 

“But why can't we read each other's lock?” Ye Na asked him as they look at the beautiful view.

 

“You ask me why but you dn’t even want me to look at what you’ve written,” Jackson said like a little child, Ye Na chuckled.

 

“But believe me when I say I want to.” He continued, Ye Na gave him a confused look.

 

“But I want to keep the privacy and secrecy of our message in our hearts and knowing that we have something to keep together, I think it will make us stronger and would keep us in each other’s heart forever.” He explained and she almost shed a tear at his logic.

 

After locking their hearts on the fence, they took a picture together with the background of what’s beyond the fence. They covered their locks with their hand and promised to keep each other forever.

 

 


Meanwhile...
Someone's P.O.V
I really miss her. I miss her that I wanted to see her but I can do nothing. Sigh, how long should I keep this secret? I can't even say Hi or tell my friends that I have someone like her. I can't brag about her and be proud of her.

 

“Hyung, we'll be leaving now.” One of my groupmates said as I turn to look at him.

 

“Okay.” I said and wore the thing I only have as her memory.

 

“The person who gave that you is probably very important and special to you, right hyung?” He asked and I just smiled.

 

“You think so?”

 

“Of course, you even got mad once when you accidentally misplaced and lost it.” He replied.

 

“Then it means it really is important to me.” She is really important to me. I just said and went off.

 

Of course, it's important. It was my only strength to keep going. It's the only memory I have of her.