P: 11

PromiseS

After Xiumin was discharged from the hospital and news about the appearance of his sister, netizens were quick enough to dig some information about Ye Na. There was also fake news that was posted on some social media sites that talk about Ye Na’s identity. Xiumin hated it and seeing his sister trying to ignore those made him more furious.

 

It was all thanks to their father, SM Ent and Blossom Ent for clearing things out.

 

They held a press conference and talked about Xiumin’s accident before talking about Ye Na’s identity.

 

Their father revealed that she was Xiumin’s younger sister and they kept her as a secret because they didn’t want to publicize anything about her. He admitted that they were afraid their daughter will get a lot of exposure from a lot of negative things that are going on in the social media.

 

SM Ent, on the other hand, mentioned that Xiumin will be resting for a while from their promotions and he will be coming back soon as he recovers from the injury. They assured his fans that he will be in good care of his family and he will also be undergoing some therapy.

 

Then Blossom Ent was asked about Ye Na’s contract with them saying that she already had her first news article not as their artist.

 

Cha Taehyun told them that he already knew about Ye Na’s identity after her Dad submitted her contract at the agency. He told them that he doesn’t worry about it because he can see that Ye Na will make it to the industry and that she will be successful, not because she is an idol’s sister but because she is really talented. He even told them that he already had a project for Ye Na and that everyone should anticipate for it.

Xiumin was watching the press conference with the other members and Ye Na. They are still inside the EXO’s dorm because their manager insisted that he stay there for a while before he goes home. The other members were also concerned about their hyung so they stayed in the dorm to take care of him.

 

“Why do they have to make a big issue about Ye Na anyway?” Chen commented and the others seconded.

 

“They just have a lot of time in their hands that they make fun of other people’s life.” Suho replied.

 

“They probably need to find some living and make their life something worthy. They really don’t have the right to destroy a person’s identity.” Baekhyun said.

 

Xiumin looked at his sister who was busy on her phone. She seemed not to care but he can feel how affected she was.

 

“Look at this, there are positive comments about Ye Na and she also has a fanpage.” Chanyeol announced and everyone gathered around him.

 

“She looks like Xiumin. And she looks very caring.”

 

“I think she will really be a successful artist someday, can’t wait to see her debut movie.”

 

“Looking at them, they’re just adorable siblings. I think they’re close.”

 

“Imagine how she showed herself suddenly when her brother got into an accident; I think that’s what siblings are for.”

 

There were a lot more comments and they enjoyed reading it. Although there were a lot of positive comments, there were still some negative ones such that she only showed herself because she will soon be an artist and she is gaining some attention. There are some who judged her physical appearance but there are people who are quick to defend her.

 

Sehun, upon seeing those bad comments, searched through his gallery, then he found a photo which he took in the hospital, it was a groupie of all of them with Ye Na. He posted it on his Instagram, account with the caption “The sweetest sister on earth. Please get well soon hyung.”

 

Ye Na was actually browsing her Instagram account when she saw what Sehun posted and she looked at him. She realized he was also looking at him and she smiled before looking back at the photo. She favorited it and even left a comment saying “Thank you, my oppa’s. And Minseok-ah, get well soon or I’ll break your left leg.”

 

Sehun read the comment and he chuckled. He showed it to Xiumin and he took his phone out. He immediately created an account and joined in the conversation.

 

realkimmmMinseoook: Won’t you really call me with respect? Ya! @realKimmmYeeeNaaa.

 

realKimmmYeeeNaaa: Aigoo! Our Minseok is mad kekeke @realKimmmMinseoook

 

oohsehun: Ya, hyung! I think that’s cute. It only shows how much she loves you

 

realKimmmMinseoook: Ya! @oohsehun, you want to die? Are you one with my sister?

 

oohsehun: Ah hyung! @realKimmmMinseoook she’s right though, you really have to get well soon.

 

Baekhyunee_exo: Ya! Why am I not invited with your conversation? Wah! You’re unfair! @realKimmmMinseoook @realKimmmYeeeNaaa @oohsehun

 

realKimmmYeeeNaaa: Oppa! @baekhyunee_exo Are you on my side or Minseok’s?

 

realKimmmYeeeNaaa: Ya! Kim Ye Na!

 

baekhyunnee_exo: I’m on your side, my dongsaeng! @realKimmmYeeeNaaa

 

realKimmmMinseoook: Ya! @baekhyunee_exo

 

realKimmmYeeeNaaa: Awwww, what to do now? @realKimmmMinseoook thank you, oppa @baekhyunee_Exo

 

Then a lot of the fans commented too, saying that Xiumin should really get well soon and that they can’t wait to see him perform on stage. So Xiumin assured them that he would.

 

While they are still enjoying their conversation, Ye Na’s phone rang which made everyone freeze and looked her way. Ye Na have been receiving a lot of calls from different reporters and other people these past few days and they all think it’s another call from one of those.

 

Ye Na, upon seeing the caller, froze. She felt very nervous and the memory of their yesterday crept in her mind. Xiumin looked at her and her face was pale. He advanced near her and felt furious for what he saw. The jerk is calling he thought. He took her phone but Ye Na looked at him with pleasing eyes.

 

“I’ll take that,” she mumbled but Xiumin didn’t let go of her phone.

 

“You don’t have to and you shouldn’t.” Xiumin stated with authority.

 

“I’ll have to deal with him in the future anyway so why not do it today? It’s okay, I’ll be fine,” she convinced him and knowing how his sister would insist, he gave her the phone.

 

Ye Na took it and went to the balcony of the dorm. She took a deep breath before answering his call.

 

“What?” She asked, she wanted to come out strong but she said it softly.

 

“Ye Na, can…can we possibly meet? Right now?” He hesitated. He knew how hard her situation right now is but he wanted to talk to her personally.

 

“If you have anything to say, just say it to me now.” She said but he shook his head, as if she can see him.

 

“Please? I want to talk to you personally. I’ll wait for you there.” He said before she hung up.

 

She looked at the phone log and can’t believe that he called her for the first time. She changed her number and she thought, maybe JB gave it to him. Now that he is demanding for a short time for them to talk, she is deliberating whether to go or not.

 

“If you want to go, be sure to be back this evening and be careful out there, there are reporters who will approach you when you least expect it.” Xiumin, who was waiting near the door frame, mentioned.

 

“Oppa…” she began and Xiumin smiled.

 

“Did you just call me Oppa?” He as he smiled.

 

“Don’t act that way, it feels weird. Don’t act too overprotective towards me. I’m not used to it,” she blurted out.

“Are you still mad at me? For leaving you years ago? We haven’t really talked about it ever since we saw each other in the hospital.” Xiumin went to the balcony on his wheelchair.

 

“I don’t know, I just…It’s just feels different. I haven’t seen you act that way in years so it feels kind of new,” she admitted.

 

“So you’re not mad? Look, Ye Na-ah, I’m really sorry. I know I can’t bring back time and I can’t even make it up to you because of my situation but I really am sorry. There’s not a day that I worried about you and have thought of how my sister is living in a world that’s new to her.”

 

“Don’t be sorry; there’s no reason for you to be. I totally understand the situation now and I can’t blame you even if I want to. And I’m not, maybe I haven’t adjusted to our situation yet but I’m not mad. I can’t stay mad at you for so long, you know that.” They were both enveloped in the silence, trying to take in every word they heard from each other from the conversation.

 

“How did you know about me and him anyway?” She asked, a little hesitant.

 

“I saw you during the foundation day in your school. I saw when he hugged you before we start the performance. You know, a lot of questions registered on my mind. We are keeping things as a secret but you ended up being with him. I mean, we do have different situations but it doesn’t change the fact that you are involved with an idol. That scared me a lot because I know you will get hurt in the process. Then I remembered the news about you and him but I believed you really are best friends. When I saw you crying that same day, I figured…the article was real…that you were dating. I felt bad for you and I felt even more furious while seeing him with her. It could have been really hard for you,” Xiumin explained.

 

He was looking at somewhere far away while telling her about it. He didn’t want to look at his sister’s eyes because he might just see how hurt she was and she hated seeing her that way.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t expect I’ll fall for him too. And I’m sorry if I never told you about it,” Ye Na apologized but Xiumin shook his head.

 

“You don’t have to be sorry. Saying sorry about something you didn’t do is just so wrong. I know you don’t control what life has for you. You don’t have to be sorry for loving him because it was what your heart sincerely and really felt for him. But I hope, you’ll know what your heart really wants after you talk to him. I’m not against you having a boyfriend; I’m just against a guy who does not deserve your love.” Xiumin said and Ye Na hugged him. She was moved by how her brother supports her and how he understands her feelings.

 

“I’ll be back by evening and I promise to be careful.” Ye Na assured and left.

 

She grabbed her coat; she put on her shoes as she wears her face mask. She was about to leave when she met Kyungsoo on the way out. Their eyes met for a while before she bowed and went out. Kyungsoo was taken a back for a bit but went inside after a while.

 

The other members were left in the living room while they asked Xiumin about Ye Na and everything that’s going on. They also worried when she just went out and Yixing almost went with her, if Xiumin did not say she will be fine.

 

Xiumin was hesitating to tell them about her but he decided to. He figured it might help her recover from the pain Jackson caused his sister. Although he just provided them some information since he is not one to tell them the whole story. He also figured they would be careful around her and if in case, just in case, someone from his group would feel something for his sister, they would exactly know that he is keeping an eye for her and that he is ready to engage in fist fight if she ever gets hurt.

 

That was also the only time that Chanyeol comprehended something that kept him bothered for quite some time since he saw Ye Na in the academy. He realized he really saw her on one of the articles about Jackson.

 

Kyungsoo joined in the conversation even though he was tired. His filming just ended and he haven’t had enough sleep yet but he wanted to hang out with his group members since he misses a lot of the news these days. That was the only time he figured out what was going on inside the house and Ye Na.