P: EPILOGUE

PromiseS

“For the next performance, please welcome Do Kyungsoo for his rendition of ‘A Fading Heart’s Song’.” Ye Na announced as she looked at Kyungsoo who was already looking at her. Months have already passed and the issues died, even the anti’s have kept quiet since there were no more articles that were released.

Since the day the fans discovered the truth behind Xiumin’s enlistment, they pitied him and his sister. He sacrificed his own happiness for his sister because Ye Na had once sacrificed her happiness for Xiumin, too. The fans had extended their support to the Kim siblings and they even supported YeSoo. They never knew that the couple had ended their relationship that’s why news about them had stopped.

 When we first met,

Everything is just normal.

Had a few talk and story telling

Had a time to know each other

 

Now that they aren’t together anymore, they have lived their life separately. They lived with the pain of loving each other.

 

But time spent with you

As each day goes by living with you

I never expected to feel this way

Never had felt this in my heart, baby

 

Cause when you came in my life

Many things have changed

Many things have I

Discovered in me

 

Ye Na accepted the offer to work on a drama with Nam Joohyuk and Jisoo, but declined the offer to work on a CF with Kyungsoo. Cha Taehyun made an excuse for her not to do it since she didn’t want to reveal their break up so there will be no more issues. Kyungsoo liked it too because it felt like he was still dating Ye Na and that somehow increased the possibility of them getting back together, although he knew it was impossible.

 

And I don’t want to let you go,

I just want to hold you tight

I just want to be with you

Cause baby, I love you

 

You made me smile once again

You showed me how to love again

You taught me how to believe again

You became my everything

 

Cause when you came in my life

Many things have changed

Many things have I

Discovered in me

 

Kyungsoo was looking at Ye Na. The song for his very first solo album was all about his memories with Ye Na because he never stopped loving her. He is trying to reach out to her through the song and he hoped that she will listen to it with her heart.

 

And I don’t want to let you go

I just want to hold you tight

I just want to be with you

Cause baby, I love you

 

Baby, I’m sorry I’m letting go

I’m sorry I’m leaving you

I’m sorry I wasn’t strong

I’m sorry I didn’t held on too long

 

Ye Na saw the sadness in Kyungsoo’s eyes and she wasn’t aware that she was crying. Choi Minho, who was her co-emcee, gave her a handkerchief and tapped her shoulder to comfort her. Ye Na took the handkerchief, thanked him and smile although it wasn’t the perfect time to smile.

But believe me baby

I love you

And I always will

Baby, I’m letting go.

 

Kyungsoo sang the last lines as tears flowed down through his cheeks. He couldn’t stop himself from crying because the pain from the day Ye Na asked him to let her go came back and that was the perfect song for that event.

“Aigoo! Our couple is very emotional at the moment.” Minho joked and Ye Na just smiled as well as Kyungsoo. Soon as the show ended, Ye Na went ahead only to be grabbed by Kyungsoo on the hallway.

“Where are we going?” She asked in surprise but Kyungsoo held her by the hand, just the way he did on the very first drama that they’ve worked together.

Kyungsoo asked his manager for the car key and asked Ye Na to sit down comfortably. She wanted to protest but she missed him very much that she didn’t want to run away.

Few minutes later, Kyungsoo opened the door for her and they were already at Han River.

“Why…Why are we here?” She anxiously asked as they continued to walk towards a familiar spot.

“This is where I promised the stars that I will love you even if you tell me not to. I promised from the stars that I won’t hurt you. Ye Na, I’ve already given you the time to think about us. And I just can’t wait anymore. I still love you and I never stopped loving you. If you feel the same way too, you can hook your pinky finger with mine and promise to stay together or you can just tell the stars that you are breaking the promise and that you are freeing me. The song I sang a while ago, it was my heart trying to tell you that I’m letting you go but not in my heart.” Kyungsoo said as he raised his hand, made a fist and only his pinky finger was standing, waiting for Ye Na to take it. He looked at the stars and wished that Ye Na still loves him.

Ye Na looked up at the stars too and all her memories with Kyungsoo came back to her. Then she decided to speak.

“Stars! Can you hear me?” She began and looked at her. Kyungsoo was taken aback and he felt nervous for Ye Na’s actions.

“This guy right here beside me, he made me cry a lot of times but I still love him because more than tears, he gave me so much love and happiness. He showed me that love is strong for two people who can wait for each other. He showed me that sacrifice has a greater deal when it comes back. Star! Look here! I am doing the promise now!” She yelled and intertwined her pinky finger to Kyungsoo’s. He smiled at her and they both looked up at the sky.

“You are the witnesses of the promise we made. I will fight for my feelings for him and I will not run away anymore.” She avowed.

“Stars! I just want to thank you…thank you for reminding me that love is something that can turn two people’s life into one.” Kyungsoo said as he faced Ye Na.

“I won’t allow anymore hurt and I won’t allow anymore tears to escape from your precious eyes,” he whispered.

“I won’t let you get hurt once again and I won’t let you fight alone.” Ye Na said as they inched closer to one another.

Kyungsoo kissed her on her forehead as their tears fell from their eyes and as the night sky deepened, making the stars shine brightly.

-THE END-