Chapter 34 - END

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tae, stop!” Jessica screamed when her girlfriend threw some flour at her. “You’re being so immature!”

“Oh come on, babe…” Taeyeon laughed her off and didn’t stop making a mess. “Do you really want us to be like those boring couples who don’t have a food fight while making pancakes?”

“Yes, I do!” Jessica pouted and then grabbed the mixer from the counter. “I’m way too hungry right now and I want us to make them faster!”

“Aww, my poor baby is so grumpy when she’s hungry,” Taeyeon said and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend’s waist as Jessica began mixing the batter.

Jessica smiled at her girlfriend as soon as she felt Taeyeon’s lips on her cheek. “You are such an unbelievable dork, Taeyeon.”

It took them maybe about an hour more to finish everything because Taeyeon just wouldn’t stop goofing off. Once they were finished, they enjoyed munching on the delicious pancakes together in the living room of Mr. Jung’s loft.

“Dad, do you want some pancakes?” Jessica asked her father as soon as she saw him come inside the room, but the man was getting ready to head off somewhere and was in a hurry, so he just shook his head as soon as he heard his daughter’s words. “Guess that’s a ‘No’ then...”

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow as she saw him head out without saying anything. “I wonder what that’s all about.”

“Maybe he’s in a hurry to meet his secretary,” Jessica said and chuckled. “I’d be like that if I was heading off to meet with you.”

“Aww, you’d want to see me as soon as possible. That’s so cute!” Taeyeon gave her girlfriend an adorable cheeky smile, making Jessica not able to resist the urge to lean in and give her a kiss.

“Of course!”

The girls finished their pancakes 10 minutes later and were about to watch a movie when they heard the doorbell ring. They looked at each other with surprised expressions and made their way to the door, trying to be as quiet as possible.

“Look through the peep hole to see who it is,” Taeyeon whispered and Jessica nodded before taking a peek.

Her eyes immediately widened when she saw her mother on the other side of that door. What in the world is she doing here?

“It’s my mother,” Jessica told her girlfriend and Taeyeon immediately raised her eyebrows in surprise.

Jessica then unlocked and opened the door, so she would see what her mother wants.

“Hello, Jessica,” Mrs. Jung said as soon as she was face to face with her daughter. She made no reaction when she saw that Taeyeon was standing beside her.

“Mom, what are you doing here?” Jessica asked without greeting her mother at all. They hadn’t seen each other since she had moved into her father’s loft, which was about a week ago.

“I came here because I want to talk to you.” Mrs. Jung actually sounded nice when she said that which made Jessica even more surprised. She hadn’t expected it at all.

“Okay, come in.” Jessica then opened the door wide enough and she and Taeyeon stepped aside so Mrs. Jung can enter. Then Jessica led her to the living room where they could have their conversation.

“I should leave you two alone,” Taeyeon told Jessica and her mother as soon as they were in the living room.

“No, you can stay. I actually need to talk to you too,” Mrs. Jung said as she sat down on the couch.

Taeyeon nodded and sat down as well. Both she and Jessica were surprised because of what Mrs. Jung had said. They had no clue why she would want to talk to both of them.

Jessica decided to sit down as well and both girls were now in front of Mrs. Jung, waiting for her to speak, but the woman was just looking at them without saying anything.

“What is it that you want to talk about?” Jessica asked because she grew a bit impatient. She was hoping that whatever her mother had to say would be quick and she’d be on her way.

“I came here because I actually wanted to apologize to both of you,” Mrs. Jung told both of them, her voice sounding sincere.

“What?” Jessica asked in disbelieve. She thought that she might have misheard the words that came out of her mother’s mouth. Both girls couldn’t believe it.

“I was wrong. I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did about your relationship,” Mrs. Jung explained and looked away because she felt embarrassed. This was harder than she had thought. The woman rarely admitted when she was wrong and hadn’t apologized to many people in her life. “I had a lot of time to think ever since you left. I just needed some time to accept all of this. It’s all very new to me but I am willing to learn.”

“Why the sudden change of opinion? Not long ago you were telling me that this was wrong and that I should be with a man,” Jessica asked her because she thought that maybe there was something fishy behind all of this, that maybe her mother had some sort of plan, another diabolical scheme to control her life.

“I guess everything that happened between me and your father.” Mrs. Jung paused and sighed as memories of the affair came rushing back to her. “I guess it just made me realize that my beliefs about love were wrong. There is no right way to do it, there is no framework that we have to follow. For so long I had believed that one must always follow specific steps and that’s all, but I realized that that’s not the case. I did everything like I was supposed to and yet your father still chose someone else over me.”

“Mom-” Jessica began speaking, but Mrs. Jung interrupted her.

“Wait, let me finish. I realized that love comes in many different forms. Whether you are dating a man or a woman, it doesn’t matter. You can still be incredibly happy, have a family and you’re prone to heartbreak just like everybody else. There are so many paths that you can go through, so many different experiences that you have. I guess the affair just made me realize that there isn’t just one path like I had believed up until now, like I had been taught all my life.” Mrs. Jung took Jessica’s hand in hers and smiled at her daughter. “I accept the path that you’ve chosen, Jessica. I accept your relationship and I want you to be happy.”

Jessica immediately stood up and embraced her mother. She felt tears fall down her eyes because she felt so happy that the woman had finally come to her senses and accepted her relationship with Taeyeon.

Mrs. Jung stayed for a while longer after that and the three of them were having a normal conversation. The older woman was actually nice for once in her life and Jessica couldn’t be happier. Taeyeon also loved the fact that Jessica’s mother came around, but she also felt a bit sad that her own parents weren’t like that. She wished that they could accept her relationship as well.

After Mrs. Jung left, Taeyeon and Jessica decided to watch that movie that they had put on hold. They turned it on and proceeded with cuddling on the couch.

When they were 20 minutes into the movie, Taeyeon felt her phone begin buzzing in her pocket. She immediately took it out and unlocked it. A wide smile formed on her face when she saw that she had received a message from Baekhyun.

“Baek texted me,” Taeyeon informed her girlfriend and sent the boy a quick text message, making Jessica frown a bit. She really hated being so jealous of some guy who was miles away. “Said he had a day off from university and is wondering what I’m doing.”

“Doesn’t it bother you that he’s a lot older than you? I mean, he studies at university,” Jessica just said, the jealousy evident in her voice. “It’s a bit creepy.”

“No, I’ve known him forever. He’s one of my brother’s friends,” Taeyeon explained and chuckled because of what Jessica had said. She could never imagine Baekhyun as creepy. They’ve known each other for ages.

“It’s still a bit weird. Are you sure that his intentions are just friendly?” Jessica tried to take Sooyoung’s advice and came up with another reason to turn Taeyeon against this boy.

“I’m sure. He’s just a friend, Jess...” Taeyeon reassured her girlfriend, making Jessica sigh. “You’re not jealous, are you?”

Taeyeon finally caught on to what her girlfriend was feeling. Jessica just looked away because she was embarrassed that the other girl was seeing her in that light.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter