Chapter 31

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both girls made it to Yuri’s house after 15 minutes and Taeyeon felt as if her head was going to explode because of everything that happened. She had never run away like that before. It honestly felt good, really really good. For the first time, Taeyeon felt like she could be herself.

“You okay?” Yuri suddenly asked, snapping Taeyeon out of her trance.

“I think so, yeah...”

“I meant what I said, by the way. You can stay here as long as you want,” Yuri reassured her best friend, making a wide smile immediately form on Taeyeon’s face. Without saying anything, Taeyeon just moved closer and gave the other girl the tightest hug she possibly could.

“Yuri, I’m home!” Both girls suddenly heard the voice of Yuri’s mother coming from the corridor. A moment later the woman entered the living room where her daughter and her best friend were.

“Hey, mom!” Yuri smiled widely at her mother.

“Oh, Taeyeon. I didn’t know you were coming for a visit,” Mrs. Kwon said in surprise immediately pulled the girl in for a warm embrace. She had always loved Taeyeon as if she was her own daughter.

“Mom, Taeyeon’s gonna stay with us from now on,” Yuri just informed her mother as if she was the one in charge. It wasn’t a problem, though. Their relationship wasn’t really the typical mother-daughter relationship. They were more like sisters or best friends. It was like both had equal power when it came to making decisions.

“What happened?” Mrs. Kwon immediately asked, her tone worried. She knew that something must be wrong otherwise her daughter wouldn’t just announce that Taeyeon would be staying with them from now on.

“I can’t stay with my parents anymore,” Taeyeon spoke as tears began forming in her eyes. She was wondering whether to tell the woman what really happened, but before she could say anything else, her best friend interrupted her.

“They found out that she was dating a girl and kicked her out,” Yuri explained, making Taeyeon look at her in shock. She had so easily told her mother that.

“Those bastards,” Mrs. Kwon spat. “I should immediately contact every LGBTQ+ organization in Seoul. They cannot get away with this.”

Taeyeon was now looking at her and couldn’t believe how well she was taking the news. She was indeed surprised by the woman’s reaction, but she was even more surprised and a bit confused that Yuri’s mom actually wanted to contact LGBTQ+ organizations in Seoul.

“Mom decided to become an LGBTQ+ activist. She joined some organization a few weeks ago,” Yuri explained because she saw that her best friend was a bit confused.

Taeyeon just nodded as soon as she heard that. She then began speaking again. “Please don’t call anyone! My parents are very powerful. I don’t want the organizations to be hurt because of this!”

Taeyeon then tried to grab the woman’s phone, immediately stopping her from dialing someone.

“I know that you’re scared, Taeyeon, but just let us help you, okay?” Mrs. Kwon tried to convince the girl that they should go through with this but Taeyeon just shook her head.

“I don’t want anymore drama. I’m tired of dealing with this,” Taeyeon explained and then Yuri stepped in again when she saw in how much distress her best friend was.

“Mom, let’s just wait for a while and see how this plays out. I think it’s better to not involve any organizations in this matter for now,” Yuri told her mother and the woman then nodded.

Mrs. Kwon sighed when she heard her daughter’s words. “Okay, fine. I just really want to see homophobes like Mr. and Mrs. Kim get what’s coming to them.

“They will. Fate works in mysterious ways. I’m sure they’ll get what they deserve,” Yuri told her mother and then afterwards turned to Taeyeon, smiling at her softly. “Wanna go to my room and play some video games?”

Taeyeon nodded and then both of them made their way to Yuri’s room. They decided to play all their favourite games on the girl’s PlayStation. It was exactly what Taeyeon needed at that moment so that she could take her mind off all those stressful events that had happened.

“I’m gonna kick your ! Go Sub-Zero!” Yuri yelled out as she tried to beat Taeyeon in Mortal Combat 11.

“You wish!” Taeyeon smirked and did some sort of special move, that totally caught her best friend off guard. “Fatality!”

Taeyeon was definitely proud of herself and continued smirking at Yuri. The other girl just pouted and looked away. “You just got lucky.”

“It’s not luck, my dear best friend. It’s skill!”

As Taeyeon was celebrating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter