Chapter 30

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week and a half had passed since Sooyoung’s party and Taeyeon still hadn’t spoken to her best friend. They saw each other at school, but Yuri would barely look at her. They didn’t take their usual seats in the back and they passed each other in the hallway.

It had always been like this every time they fought about something. They would end up ignoring each other until one of them decided to be the bigger person and reach out.

Usually it was Yuri because Taeyeon was way too stubborn, but this time, she had a certain someone convince her to reach out. Jessica had told her that they needed to talk it out, that Taeyeon needed to put effort and fight for their friendship.


 

Jessica Jung: Call her, Tae. I can see that you miss hanging out with her and this situation is making you miserable. You need your best friend…


 

Taeyeon read the text message that her girlfriend had sent her as she was sitting on the couch inside her living room. Taeyeon knew that her girlfriend was right. She knew that she had lied to Yuri about so many things and that what she did was wrong. It was normal for her best friend to react this way. Taeyeon was certain that she had to be the first to apologize but her damn stubbornness was getting in the way. Yuri deserved so much better than a best friend like her.


 

Kim Taeyeon: I can’t…

Jessica Jung: Yes, you can. Taeyeon, please, trust me. It’s been a week and a half. You guys need to talk…


 

Taeyeon felt ashamed for getting caught in her lies. She knew that he should’ve told her best friend of all people. But she was so scared of her reaction, especially she witnessed how her parents acted when they found out about her relationship with Jessica. She was afraid that Yuri would hate her.

In the end Jessica did manage to convince her, after about an hour of texting. Taeyeon decided that she would call her best friend.

“I was wondering when you’d decide to call me...” Taeyeon heard Yuri say from the other end of the line as soon as the girl had picked up the phone.

“Hey, Yul...” Taeyeon said and then paused, waiting for Yuri to say something else but she didn’t. Then Taeyeon decided to speak again,”I wasn’t sure if you’d want to talk to me.”

“Now why would I possibly not want to speak to my idiot best friend?” Taeyeon could hear Yuri laugh from the other end of the line. “Oh wait, I know! It’s because she’s been lying to me for weeks about god knows how many things...”

“Can you please just come over to my house so we can talk in person?” Taeyeon then asked and she heard a loud sigh come from the other end of the line.

“You’re such an idiot,” Yuri told her and Taeyeon at that moment began thinking how her best friend would just hang up and not want to speak to her ever again. But she didn’t. “You’re still my best friend, though. I’m glad that you finally reached out first this time. I’ll be at your house in 15 minutes.”

Taeyeon felt relieved as soon as she heard the other girl’s words. She was about to say something, but she heard the line go dead, so she just decided to wait for Yuri to show up.

Just as Yuri had said, she came to the house after 15 minutes and both girls were finally ready to talk. They were sitting on the couch in the living room and looking at each other.

“So...” Yuri began since Taeyeon wasn’t saying anything. “Are you just gonna stare at me, Taeng?”

Taeyeon looked away, a bit embarrassed. “I don’t know where to start.”

“Maybe start with why you didn’t tell me the whole story,” Yuri gave her a suggestion. “That time when you said that you were hanging out with Jessica, you could’ve said that you two were together...”

A sigh escaped Taeyeon’s mouth and she ran her hands through her hair. “I was scared of your reaction.”

“Why? Do you really think that I would’ve hated you for being gay? I thought you knew me better than that, Taeyeon...”

“After the reaction I got from my parents and all hell broke loose, I just… I was so scared of saying anything,” Taeyeon explained, her voice shaking. She remembered how much her father had yelled that night when he found out about her relationship with Jessica. God, he was so angry that sometimes Taeyeon would have nightmares about the whole situation.

“Was that why you were grounded? Because your parents found out?” Yuri was surprised. She thought that the reason her best friend was grounded that time was because of something related to basketball. She never really expected that this was the actual reason.

“Yes...” Taeyeon uttered as she felt tears begin to form in her eyes. She didn’t want to cry, so she tried to hold herself back. “First Jessica’s mother caught us making out in her room an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter