Chapter 28

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your father and I are getting a divorce,” Mrs. Jung told both her daughters while they were having dinner. It’s been a week since she caught her husband cheating on her. Throughout it she was thinking a lot, if they could maybe put this behind them for the sake of their family’s reputation and for their daughters, but ultimately, Mrs. Jung decided that she could never forgive him for doing such a terrible thing. It was too much of a humiliation.

“I think you’re making the right choice, mom,” Krystal agreed with her mother. “Dad is a cheating scumbag who deserves to lose everything.”

Jessica rolled her eyes as soon as she heard what her sister had said. She had no problem with her father cheating, because it was his life. He could do whatever he wanted, but Krystal wasn’t like her. She tended to go overboard.

“I think you’re being too harsh on him,” Jessica said to her sister who looked at her in disbelief because the younger girl couldn’t understand how someone would be okay with something like cheating.

“Too harsh? He cheated on mom with his secretary...”

Krystal was on their mother’s side. Even though Mrs. Jung had made her life hell just as much as Jessica’s over the years, the girl hated cheating more and thought that even a witch like her mother didn’t deserve that.

“It’s not the end of the world. Couples at their age cheat on each other all the time,” Jessica defended her father in front her sister and mother.”I mean, I don’t approve of it and would never do it myself, but like, it happens. It’s nothing to be surprised about and I don’t see why we should direct so much hate towards dad. They’ll just get the damn divorce and move on with their lives.”

Mrs. Jung had stood silent while her daughters argued, having no strength to participate in the argument at all. Ever since she caught her husband cheating, it was like she wasn’t in her right mind. She was spacing out. Her head was just somewhere else, thinking about everything she had ever done in her life, all her accomplishments. She wondered what she ever did wrong. She must have, or else her husband wouldn’t have cheated on her.

“Jessica, I don’t agree with you. You’re making this out like it’s not a big deal, but it actually is,” Krystal continued arguing with her sister, making Jessica frustrated. They could end up fighting for hours at this rate because neither of them would back down and be the bigger person.

“Well, it’s not a big deal to me.”

“Please, stop fighting, girls,” Mrs. Jung finally spoke, silencing both of them. “Could you just both go to your rooms? I have a migraine and don’t want to listen to this anymore.”

Both girls then just stood up without saying anything and went to their respective rooms. Jessica loved her sister dearly, but sometimes they just couldn’t agree on anything. They had such different opinions on certain topics. Maybe the only thing they had ever agreed on was about Jessica and Taeyeon’s relationship.

Mrs. Jung took some medicine for her head and went to bed early that night. Her daughters, though, they couldn’t sleep after that fight. It wasn’t long before Jessica heard a knock on her door.

“Come in,” the girl said and immediately saw her sister walk inside her room, closing the door behind her as she entered.

“Hey...” Krystal said as she made her way to Jessica’s bed and motioned for her to move so she could get under the covers.

Jessica immediately did it and then smiled as her sister got on the bed next to her. It made her reminisce about the time they were little kids and Krystal would come into her room late at night after they were fighting about something during the day. She hadn’t done it in years. Jessica thought her sister grew out of this habit but maybe the disagreements they had weren’t serious enough. Who knows? But now that they found out her father had cheated, Jessica thought that it probably unlocked something within Krystal, some emotion that she hid deep down and the girl just needed her now more than ever.

“Can’t sleep?” Jessica asked and put an arm around her sister who rested her head on her shoulder.

Krystal sighed loudly and closed her eyes. “I feel really bad...”

“It’ll be okay, don’t worry,” Jessica reassured her and then kissed the top of the girl’s head. “Everything will be okay...”

“How do you know?” Krystal asked without opening her eyes. She just let herself relax in Jessica’s arms.

“Because I’m your sister. It’s my job to make things better.”

Jessica’s words made Krystal smile. She then opened her eyes and looked at her sister before saying, “Thank you! I love you so much and I’m sorry for arguing with you. You have a right to your own opinion.”

“I love you too, Krys. We’ll get through this together!”


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter