Chapter 23

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica came back home after school a little later that day, around 6 PM, because she had been hanging out with Taeyeon. What she didn’t expect to find the moment she walked into her house was her mother waiting for her, her expression cold and Jessica immediately felt afraid of what’s going to happen next. Jessica thought that her mother seemed as angry as she was the day she caught her and Taeyeon making out.

“Where were you?” Mrs. Jung immediately asked her daughter with a stern voice, ready for a fight.

“I was with Gyuri. We were working on a project together,” Jessica lied to her mother and hoped that the woman would buy her excuse.

“Oh, really? Because I ran into Gyuri and her mother at the grocery store earlier and she told me something different.” Mrs. Jung crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked at her daughter expectantly, waiting for the girl to come clean about exactly where she was. “Want to try that again? And don’t you dare lie to me, Jessica!”

“Fine, I wasn’t with Gyuri...”

“You were with that girl again, weren’t you?” Mrs. Jung moved closer to her and Jessica immediately panicked and took a step back, afraid that her mother would slap her again. The girl then nodded her head, making Mrs. Jung even angrier. “I told you that you were forbidden to see her. How dare you disobey my orders!”

“I had to see her. This is so unfair. Why can’t you just let us be happy?” Jessica was now sobbing as she spoke to her mother.

“Because what you’re doing is wrong! You cannot do things like that with a girl, Jessica,” Mrs. Jung yelled out in anger, making Jessica feel even worse. She couldn’t take it anymore so she just ran off to her room and slammed the door behind her.

The girl spent the next hour or so just lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She felt like she just couldn’t move a muscle. At that moment, it was like Jessica had no will to live. She wondered what was going to happen now, after her mother caught her again. Soon after, she got her answer. Her door opened and in came her mother.

“I spoke to your homeroom teacher and got the number of the girl’s parents,” Mrs. Jung explained to her daughter. “I called her mother and informed her about everything.”

“You what?” Jessica uttered and stared at her mother as her whole world came crashing down in that moment. Things just got a lot more serious.

“Mrs. Kim told me that I didn’t have to worry about anything because Taeyeon wouldn’t contact you again,” Mrs. Jung explained with a satisfied expression on her face.

At that moment Jessica just kept thinking about how she could’ve been raised by such a monster. Her mother was by far the most horrible person in this whole world.

 


 

Taeyeon was at the dinner table with her brother and parents the moment that Mrs. Kim received the phone call from Jessica’s mother. What followed next was probably one of the worst things that Taeyeon had ever experienced.

“I just got an interesting phone call,” Mrs. Kim stated as she sat back down at the table with an angry expression. “Apparently our daughter here was caught kissing a girl.”

“What?” Mr. Kim suddenly yelled out and the utensils he was holding fell down into his plate, the loud sound making everyone else jump in their seats.

“She was caught kissing Jessica. Yes, Jessica, the girl that her brother had been dating till a couple of days ago!” Mrs. Kim said with disgust, appalled by her daughter’s behavior.

“Taeyeon, is this true?” Mr. Kim turned to his daughter with a question, hoping that she would deny everything. Taeyeon stood silent, unable to look her father in the eyes. “Answer me!” the man then screamed, making her even more scared than she already was.

“It’s true...” the girl managed to say as tears began forming in her eyes.

“How could you do this to our family? After we have accomplished so much and what me and your mother have done for you, this is how you repay us?!” Mr. Kim was yelling so much and Taeyeon could swear that this was the angriest she’s ever seen him. “You engage in such devious behavior, and with Jessica of all people.”

Throughout all of this Mrs. Kim and Jiwoong stood silent, not daring to say anything. Mr. Kim was scary as hell when he was mad.

“She was never his girlfriend!” Taeyeon suddenly began yelling too. “We made it all up. She was mine. All mine, dad!”

Taeyeon then stood up from the table and was going to leave, but her father caught her by the wrist, immediately stopping her in her tracks.

“My daughter is not a lesbian!” Mr. Kim screamed in anger. “You are forbidden to see or speak to that girl again, do you understand me?” Taeyeon gritted her teeth and pulled her arm away from her father’s grasp. Mr. Kim then turned to his son and started yelling at him too, “So you knew about this behavior and you didn’t try to stop it?! I am so disappointed in you, Jiwoong. I’m disappointed in both of you.”

With all that commotion, the peaceful family dinner had turned into a nightmare. Taeyeon felt her heart breaking at the thought that she wouldn’t be able to see Jessica. She thought that it was so unfair that this was happening to them and she just wished that she could rewind time and they’d be back to when they would hang out together and watch movies, kiss whenever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter