Chapter 24

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days were difficult for both Jessica and Taeyeon. They haven’t seen each other at all during school hours and afterwards as well, even though they badly wanted to.

Jessica felt as if she had no will to live. She barely did her homework or work on any of her projects because all she could think of was Taeyeon. She was fighting with her mother a lot and barely ate anything. This whole situation was taking a huge toll on the girl.

Taeyeon spent all her time training, when she wasn’t at school of course. Now that the team was out of the tournament, they didn’t have basketball practice. She had also gotten quite used to the number of freethrows her father made her do every day, so it didn’t bother her that much anymore. The only thing that was troubling her was the fact that she was missing her girlfriend a lot.

Both of them have just been texting because they couldn’t do anything else, it was too risky. They couldn’t afford getting caught again. Who knows what their parents would do if they did…

“Jessica, your teacher Mr. Han called me this morning,” Mrs. Jung said to her daughter as the whole family was having dinner together. Krystal looked at her sister in panic, because she was anticipating yet another fight. Mr. Jung on the other hand just continued eating his food without giving everyone a second glance. He seemed so disinterested in everything happening in this family.

“What did he say?” Jessica asked her mother worriedly. She didn’t feel like eating anymore.

“He’s worried that your grades are slipping.”

It was the truth. She was really behind on everything, so it was only natural that her school performance would be affected.

“Well, maybe if you hadn’t forbidden me to see Taeyeon, things would’ve been okay!” Jessica just shot at her mother and then stood up from the table. Here we go again, another fight. Krystal thought and sighed as she looked back and forth from her sister to their mother.

“Oh so now it’s my fault? I’m just trying to protect you from making a huge mistake, Jessica. This relationship that you had with that girl wasn’t right. It goes against the laws of human nature,” Mrs. Jung told her daughter for probably the hundredth time how wrong it was for a girl to date another girl, making Jessica feel sick to her stomach.

“I can’t deal with this again...” Jessica began walking towards her room, but her mother followed behind her, wanting to continue this conversation.

“You’ll thank me in the future. I’m doing this for your own good.”

Jessica hated how her mother just wouldn’t shut up about this. She understood her opinion, she freaking got it. What more did her mother want? It was unnecessary to remind her every day about how wrong her feelings for Taeyeon were. It made her feel like crap.

“Fine! I got it. Can you leave me alone now?” Jessica yelled, obviously really frustrated with the whole situation. Mrs. Jung crossed her arms in front of her chest and then continued speaking.

“Alright, but I want you to do your homework tonight. I’ll come back in an hour to check on your progress...”

Jessica nodded without saying anything back. She was so tired of fighting with her mother every night for the past few days, that sometimes she barely had the energy to continue speaking.

After Mrs. Jung left Jessica alone, the girl took out her textbooks and notes. She threw them on the bed and groaned loudly. She really didn’t want to deal with this crap right now, but she had to. Everyone was counting on her, especially her teachers. She wanted to do her best but you need to be at your best to be able to do that, and right now, Jessica felt like she was at her worst.

This was the first time Jessica was doing her homework without any enthusiasm at all. All her life she had always been the perfect student, always met the necessary deadlines and did her homework without fail. This time it was just all too much for the girl and all she cared about was Taeyeon. It was like her whole existence didn’t matter because Taeyeon wasn’t by her side.

“Stupid homework...” Jessica uttered as she opened up her math textbook. They were on the unit with quadratic equations, which Jessica usually loved. She adored everything algebra related, but at the moment, she didn’t feel like solving even one measly equation. She had to, though, because the teacher gave them about 15 of them for homework. So Jessica forced herself to work on them. Once she did the first one, she found herself getting into the zone. It just became easier afterwards to do the rest.

About 20 minutes later, as she was nearing the end of her math homework, she felt her phone vibrate next to her. The girl took a look and smiled when she noticed that her girlfriend had sent her a text message.

 

Kim Taeyeon: Hey <3 What are you doing, baby?

 

Jessica immediately replied to it without thinking. She typed out a message and of course, she didn’t forget to include a kiss emoji in it.

 

Jessica Jung: Hey! ;* Almost done with my math homework. The witch got all up my about the fact that my grades are slipping.

Kim Taeyeon: Oh babe… It seems like you and the textbooks are having some problems. Maybe it’s time for you to break up with them ;)
 

Jessica laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter