Chapter 1

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica Jung groaned loudly as soon as she heard the annoying sound her phone began making very early in the morning. She slowly opened her eyes and swiped with her finger across her phone’s screen in order to turn that horrible noise off. At that moment she immediately began dreading the fact that she had set her alarm for 7:00 AM. Who in the world made up this stupid rule that schools have to start so early in the morning? Jessica thought and covered her face with the bed sheets, hoping that she could catch a few more minutes of sleep. Unfortunately though, Jessica knew that the probability of that happening is probably zero percent because like any other morning, her mother was up and ready since 6:00 AM, so she could make breakfast and then drive her and her sister to school, and would definitely come knocking on her bedroom door any second now.

“Jessica? Are you up?” And there she was. Right on time. Mrs. Jung’s loud voice was heard from the other side of the closed door. “I heard your alarm ringing, honey.”

“I’m awake, mom…” Jessica yelled out so her mother could hear her. Gosh, how she hated this. It was the same thing every damn day and she was getting so sick of it. She wished her mother wasn’t so involved in her life, but there was nothing she could do to change that.

“Okay then. Get ready while I go wake up your sister,” Mrs. Jung told her daughter and then Jessica heard the sound of her footsteps slowly fading as her mother made her way to her sister Krystal’s room.

Another groan escaped the girl’s mouth as she pushed the sheets away and brought herself up in a sitting position on her bed. She then stretched her arms and body before getting up. It wouldn’t take her long to get herself ready for school because the girl had her own bathroom and everything she could ask for because her parents were rich.

Her father’s the owner of one of the most successful companies in South Korea which meant that he wasn’t around all that much, always going on business trips and doing paperwork in his office. Her mother was home more often, though, since she’s a fashion designer and mostly had people do the hard work for her. She would just design the clothes and accessories while letting her employees handle the paperwork and all that other boring crap.

Jessica let a sigh escape while she was looking at herself in the mirror and brushing her beautiful long brown hair. She often wondered what it would’ve been like if her parents were different, not so controlling and giving her a little more freedom. Would she maybe be doing average at school and not being at the top of her class? Would she have a boyfriend? Would she skip classes once in a while like some of her classmates? Things would’ve been a whole lot different, but it was just a fantasy and now she had to get back to reality because if she didn’t, she would be late and her mother would scold her.

After getting dressed, doing her hair and putting just a little make-up on, because her mother would disapprove of her look otherwise, Jessica was finally ready and began making her bed. She really hated doing that, but if she didn’t, then her mother would scold her for being lazy and then compare her to the daughters of her rich friends, something that made Jessica go absolutely crazy. She had never understood this obsession her mother had with competition. Whenever her or Krystal get an excellent mark in whichever school subject, her mother would, of course,brag about how intelligent her daughters are in front of her friends at the fashion salon while doing their nails, hair or whatever. The girl got embarrassed just at the thought of that.

As soon as Jessica was done with everything, she went out of her bedroom and walked straight inside the dining room. Her sister Krystal was there already, eating waffles while her mother was asking her some questions about school.

“Oh, you’re finally ready, Jessica. I was just about to come and check on you. What took you so long?” Mrs. Jung suddenly stopped talking to Krystal and asked her daughter, making Jessica roll her eyes and answer with a little pissed-off tone in her voice, “I know how to manage my time, mom. Look, there’s still ten minutes left before we have to leave.”

“That just leaves you five minutes to eat your waffles. Don’t you know that eating fast will make your stomach hurt?” her mother told her and crossed her arms in front of her chest while tapping her foot against the hardwood floor.

“Don’t worry, mom… I can always buy something at school,” Jessica said and rolled her eyes once again, getting even more pissed.

“Yeah, eating that garbage they make at the cafeteria. Why do that when you can eat something that I make for you at home?” Jessica was getting angrier by the second. God, how she hated when her mother did that, but she couldn’t just keep arguing with her. It would probably go on forever because her mother was stubborn as hell and wouldn’t back down. So she decided to just back off and apologize so this could just end already.

“Alright! I’m sorry. It won’t happen again. I promise…” Jessica told her mother and sighed, then sat down to eat the waffles that her mother had already placed on the table for her.

 

 

The ride to school wasn’t silent at all. Mrs. Jung just kept asking her daughters all kinds of questions about school, their teachers, grades, everything concerning their studies. She was so invested in their academic life that it was u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter