Chapter 29

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Owner of Blanc & Eclare steps down from position at the company following scandal,” Jessica read out loud from the TV screen before immediately switching to another channel. Sadly, there was no escape, people were talking about her father on there as well.

The news about him cheating were absolutely everywhere - on TV, in the paper, online on all social media platforms. It was the hottest topic at that moment.

The stakeholders of Blanc & Eclare had demanded that he stepped down as owner because this scandal he was involved in would jeopardize the reputation of the company severely. He had no choice but to agree. This left the company in the hands of Mrs. Jung. Of course, the first thing the woman did when she was appointed as owner, was to fire the assistant her husband cheated on her with.

“Don’t worry, sweetheart. Everything will be fine,” Mr. Jung told his daughter and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder because he saw how worried she was.

“How? You just lost your source of income...”

“The company wasn’t my only source of income, Jessica,” Mr. Jung explained and smiled at the girl. “Don’t worry about it.”

The man had a few side businesses that he was running that nobody knew about. Of course, like any billionaire, he was engaged in some illegal activity, but it wasn’t anything that he had to worry about. He hadn’t been caught all those years, so they weren’t about to catch him now.

Jessica felt relieved when she heard her father’s reassuring words and continued making dinner for both of them. A few days had passed since she moved in and things had been great. The two had spent some time together and they were definitely bonding.

“Would you like more or less sauce on your spaghetti, dad?” Jessica asked with a smile.

Mr. Jung smiled back and immediately said, “More sauce, please.”

“Great! I like mine the same way...”

“Well, I guess you get that from me,” Mr. Jung laughed, making Jessica’s smile even wider. When the laughter died down, he spoke again, “So how are things going with you and Taeyeon?”

“Everything is great so far. Now that I live with you, we have a place where we can see each other without worrying that someone’s going to catch us,” Jessica explained as she was stirring the spaghetti she was preparing.

“That’s great. I’m sorry about not defending you in front of your mother before,” Mr. Jung apologized to his daughter, the guilt tearing him up from the inside because he felt like he probably could’ve done more. “I couldn’t stand up to her at the time.”

“It’s okay. I understand. You had to do what you felt was best for you.”

Jessica couldn’t blame her father for anything. She knew where he was coming from and how his relationship with her mother was. She had so much control over him, no wonder he couldn’t say anything back.

“How did I deserve such an amazing daughter like you?” Mr. Jung felt so proud of Jessica at that moment. It was like he was the happiest father alive. He couldn’t ask for a better daughter.

“I could say the same. You’re a wonderful father.” Jessica’s words made tears form in Mr. Jung’s eyes. “Let’s eat now! The spaghetti is ready.”

Jessica then put food in two plates - one for her father and one for herself, and then poured a lot of sauce over them, just the way both of them liked it.

“Let’s dig in!”


 


 

After dinner, Jessica spent some more time with her father watching TV, before she decided to head to her new room and do some of her homework. Now that she didn’t have her mother to pressure her all the time, she could calmly focus on her studies.

The girl opened her History textbook to a page that she had bookmarked in class. They were supposed to study about World War II. Jessica already knew what had happened during that time, so she decided to read some additional materials on the subject that were in the textbook.

As few minutes later, her studying was interrupted by a buzzing sound coming from next to her. She then noticed her phone’s screen light up and a notification appear. Her girlfriend had texted her.


 

Kim Taeyeon: Babe, what are you doing? <3


 

Jessica immediately smiled. It always seemed to happen when Taeyeon texted her.


 

Jessica Jung: I was reading some stuff for my History class. :D What about you?

Kim Taeyeon: I was thinking about you. I really miss you, babe…


 

Jessica shook her head as soon as she read what Taeyeon had texted. They had seen each other every day since Jessica moved out and it was like they couldn’t get enough of spending time together.


 

Jessica Jung: But we just saw each other 2 hours ago…

Kim Taeyeon: I know, but I still miss you. :(

Jessica Jung: You’re so adorable, do you know that? <3

Kim Taeyeon: This is why you love me ;*

Jessica Jung: Yeah <3

Kim Taeyeon: Do you want to know what else I miss? :3

Jessica Jung: And what might that be?

 


Jessica knew what would follow after her girlfriend would send the ‘:3’ emoji. Taeyeon was obviously very at that moment and was in the mood for some ting.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter