Chapter 7

Stand On My Own Two Feet

***

In the morning, Yuri arrived at school. She looked lost and spaced out. It was really early, school was still only a few students were already there. Yuri headed straight to the gym. To her surprise, she found Yoona there. She was alone sitting in the bench. She didn't even notice Yuri there.

"Hey." Said Yuri, taking a seat next to her. Yoona didn't bulge a bit. She sat down still, looking down. She looked sad. Yuri patted her back. "What's wrong? What on earth made my pretty friend here looks sad?" Yoona then let out a sigh. She started talking.

"I don't know.... I've been through this for many many times. But I've never got used to it." Yuri raised her eyebrows. Didn't understand what Yoona was talking about.

"What?" 

"Heartbreaks." Yoona turned her face to Yuri. Suddenly Yuri felt her heart beats faster. She looked down, didn't know what to say. "I thought I'll get through this quickly, since I've had many. But I think no one will ever get used to heartbreaks." Yoona said, smiling. Yuri smiled at her, patting her friend's back. 

"But...." Yoona paused. "I think he likes you." Yuri panicked. In silence. Nothing could ever explain what Yuri felt right now. She sat there, her eyes widened, butterflies in her stomach, heart racing faster, she even shivered. Then she shook her head. Trying to get a grip of herself.

"Wh... Why do you think so? Nah, I'm not her type." Yoona laughed, looking at her friend panicked like that. Yuri was even more confused when Yoona laughed. Was she really laughing? Or she was tearing inside? "Ah, yes. Maybe you're right. But, I do think he likes you, though." Yoona winked at Yuri and gave her an ironic smile. She then left Yuri alone in the gym. Yuri sat there bewildered.

***

The last school bell finally rang. Eunhyuk and Donghae happily walked out of the class. "Hey, you looked superbly happy today. What's up?" Asked Eunhyuk to his friend who was on fire since morning. The smile never faded from his face. "Nothing, I just feel relieved. And feeling relieved is happy." Eunhyuk frowned. Didn't get what Donghae was saying. Just when Eunhyuk wanted to ask some more, Donghae was already running through the hallway. 

Donghae stopped in front of Yuri's locker. Yuri was there, organizing her things. "Hello!" Donghae greeted her in a delighted tone. No answer from Yuri. Then Donghae patted her head. She turned her face to Donghae. All she saw was a handsome young man with sincere happiness in his eyes and smile. She couldn't help but smile. "Hi." 

"Going anywhere?" Yuri shook her head. "Home" She nodded. "Ok, I'll give you a ride." Said Donghae. "No. I'll take the bus. " Donghae held her wrist gently. She turned around in surprised. She just smiled at him and pulled her wrist from his grip, leaving him alone. And suddennly his smile started to fade.

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********I'm sorry it's a super short chapter >.< I have no idea how to connect the chapter with the story in my head T____T please comment! I also take critics hehehehe thanks for reading!***********