Chapter 11

Stand On My Own Two Feet

***

Sooyoung was walking around the park, she was busy looking for someone. It wasn't hard for her to look for a person like whom she was looking now. She found him sleeping under a big tree, alone. Sooyoung slowly approached him and when she was close enough, she started shaking his body. "Earthquaaakeeee!!!" She screamed. That guy suddenly opened his eyes and jolted. His eyes got really wide.

"What?! What earthquake?!" He asked in a panic tone. Sooyoung laughed. After a moment that guy finally realized that he was pranked. "Geez, how come the prince Choi Siwon fell for you..." That guy wondered while scratching his head. Sooyoung stopped laughing and sat beside him. "Eunhyuk, I gotta tell you something." The guy Sooyoung was looking for was Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk turned his face to Sooyoung. "What is it?"

"I think Yuri likes Donghae." Sooyoung said straight to the point. Eunhyuk was a bit surprised by what Sooyoung just said. There was a silence between them for a moment. "Really? She liked him?" Sooyoung nodded. Eunhyuk let out a big sigh. "That girl. She is different from the other. She is independent, tough, loyal, smart, brave, basically she can stand on her own two feet. I'm not a close friend of her, I don't even know am I allowed to feel something like this, but I really want her to meet a great guy who can take care of her. I don't want her to be broken hearted. And you know.... Donghae is... Uh..." Eunhyuk couldn't find a right word to describe his best friend. "A player?" Said Sooyoung. Eunhyuk then nodded. 

"I know, he might break her heart anytime but.... What can I do? She liked him, she even cared for him. The only thing I can do is to make him like her. But I don't know how! That's why I'm here, to ask for your help." Said Sooyoung. Eunhyuk looked at her, she looked really determined. He was happy that Yuri got a great friend like Sooyoung. "Hm, actually I was wondering if Donghae like Yuri too. He looks different everytime we pass by Yuri. There's something different in his eyes everytime he looks at her. But I got confused when I found out that he was close with Yoona again. Geez, Lee Donghae how can I figure you out?!" Eunhyuk yelled, annoyed by his best friend's mind.

"Hey, let's do something for them. Can you please find out if Donghae likes Yuri? If he really does like Yuri, then we can do something to set them up, but if he doesn't....... I'll figure out a way to make Yuri forget about him. How does that sound?" Sooyoung blurted out her plan. It sounded so brilliant, Eunhyuk nodded in excitement. They shook hands in agreement and then they left for their missions.

***

The last school bell finally rang. Students were walking out from their classroom. Donghae and Eunhyuk walked out from the English class together.

"Hey, are you going to the basketball team celebration party?" Asked Eunhyuk. Donghae nodded. "Are you going with Yoona?" He nodded again. Eunhyuk examined his friend's expression. A perfect flat. "Great! We can meet at the party then." Suddenly Donghae turned his face to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk stayed chill as if he wasn't surprised. "I don't know you're invited." Said Donghae. Eunhyuk chuckled. "I'm going as a plus one, buddy. Yuri asked me to go with her." Donghae's eyes got really really wide, Eunhyuk even feared that it would jumped out of Donghae's face. "She asked you?" Eunhyuk nodded. Donghae frowned in confusion. Eunhyuk laughed out loud, inside.

***

Donghae walked to the parking lot. He was still in disbelief in what Eunhyuk just said. Yuri asked Eunhyuk to go to the party with her. Donghae didn't know that they were that close. His mind wandered aimlessly until his eyes spotted someone. Yuri was walking in front of his car. Then Donghae went after her.

"Hello Yuri." Greeted Donghae. Yuri kept walking. Donghae unconciously grabbed her wrist. He did that often to Yuri, he thought his mind was working on its own. "Where are you going?" Asked Donghae awkwardly. Yuri turned to him. She smiled. "Home. Where else?" Donghae nodded. He loosened his grip. There was a dead silence between them. Suddenly someone close Donghae's eyes from behind.

"Guess who am I!" Donghae knew that voice perfectly. It was Yoona. "Yoona." Yoona then pinched Donghae's cheek. Yuri was just standing there awkwardly. "Hello Yuri! Are you going home?" Asked Yoona. Yoona clinged to Donghae's arm. Yuri just smiled at her. "Of course. Bye." She bowed politely and left. Just when she turned around, she saw Eunhyuk was standing there. He smiled at her. 

"Hey, Yuri. Have you eaten? Let's grab some food!" He held Yuri's hand and left. "Are they going out now?" Asked Yoona, surprised. Donghae was left speechless. He felt as if he was thrown from a mountain.