Chapter 14

Stand On My Own Two Feet

***

Donghae drove his car slowly. That night, the street was empty, and the sky was bright. Stars could be seen with eyes. "Beautiful." Dongha murmured. Yuri was not paying attention to anything, she had been wondering where were they going. Suddenly Donghae tapped her shoulder.

"Hey, look at the stars." He pointed to the sky. Yuri saw the stars shone so brightly. She was so amazed. "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you~" Donghae was singing a line form her favorite band, Coldplay. She turned her head to him. Felt like being watched, Donghae turned his head to her. "I like Coldplay." Yuri frowned. "Since when? I don't know you like Coldplay." Donghae laughed. He pinched her arm. "Hey, are you the only person in our school who likes Coldplay? They're a great band, many people like them." Then Yuri nodded.

After almost an hour driving, Donghae finally stopped his car. They were on a hill, Yuri had no idea where are they. "Come on, go out, this is the best place to relax so far." Then they both got out from the car. As soon as Yuri stepped out of the car, she was amazed by the view it gave her. She was standing on a hill full of green grass and beuatiful pine trees. She could see the whole city of Seoul from where she was standing. She could also see the sky above her. She felt like she could touch the sky. She even literally tried to touch the sky. Behind her, she could hear Donghae was giggling. She turned her head to him. "Don't worry, when I first came here, I also tried to do that." She smiled.

"What is this place? How could you find a place like this?" She sat down as she saw Donghae lied down beside her. He sighed. "It's a long story." Yuri raised her eyebrow. "Okay, okay, I'll tell you. It was on the first year of high school. I was quarelling with my dad. I got so angry that I left and drove away. I didn't even know where I was going until I stopped. When I got out of the car, I just realized that I was on a hill near my house. That was the first time I found this place. And since then, every time I felt sad or angry, or disappointed, anything you name it, I came here." Yuri nodded, and smiled. She felt the cool breeze around her. It felt cool and warm at the same time.

"Do you come here alone?" Donghae nodded. "Always?" He nodded again. "Who else knows this place beside you?" Then he pointed his finger to her. "You." Yuri's eyes got bigger. She didn't expect that coming.

"What about your best friends? Your ex-girlfriends?" Donghae shook his head. Then he closed his eyes. Yuri looked at Donghae closely. He looked so calm, innocent, relaxed, he looked like an angel. "I'm really honored that I'm the one you brought here, but I can't stop wondering. Why me? Out of all friends you have, why me?" Donghae opened his eyes and turned to her. Yuri looked really curious.

"I don't know, I just feel like you will like this place as much as I do. And I'm right." Yuri smiled. She then lied beside him and look at the sky. The stars were spread like sprinkles on the dark sky. "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and everything you do, yeah they were all yellow~" She sang her favorite song from her favorite band in the world. Then she closed her eyes.

***

At the party, Yoona looked so busy looking for someone. Curious, Eunhyuk came to her. "Hey Yoona! What are you looking for? You looked confused." Yoona was surprised when Eunhyuk came to her. But she also felt relieved to see him. "Oh, thank God you're here. I can't find Donghae. I have to go home now, but I can't find him." Eunhyuk raised his eyebrow. He turned his head to the right, to the left, and he searched the crowd. "Too bad, I can't find him either. Have you tried calling him?" Yoona nodded. "Yeah, but his phone is dead." Yoona pouted. Eunhyuk was thinking for a moment, and suddenly his face brightened, as if he found a brilliant way to solve Yoona's problem. "You can ride with me! I'll drive you home, come on." Then Yoona smiled. Her face got bright too. Eunhyuk wasn't expecting this, he was really surprised that Yoona immediately agree to his solution.

In the car, both of them didn't say anything. They weren't close, they barely knew each other.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Eunhyuk tried to break the ice. Yoona nodded. "Are you and Donghae dating? You two are close, but I can't figure out what kind of relationship you two have." Yoona didn't answer. She kept silent. Eunhyuk turned his head to her. She was looking out the window. Then she sighed.

"I don't know. You know that we broke up, right? And then you see us together again. Everybody thinks that we're getting back, but that's not true. I'm the one who's running after him after that break up. I'm aware that he likes, no, he loves someone else, but... I don't know, I think it's my nature to run to such guy." Yoona smiled, she looked like she was going to cry. "He loves someone else? Who is she?" Eunhyuk asked. Yoona gulped. She tried so hard not to shed tears.

"Yuri." Eunhyuk's eyes got widened. "You're aware of that?" Yoona nodded. "After all this time?" Yoona turned to him. Her voice was shaky. "Always."