Final

Stand On My Own Two Feet

***

"Okay, I will grab you at 4 o'clock sharp. Win the game, Kwon Yuri!" Donghae hung up his phone. Eunhyuk who was walking beside him looked at his best friend in disbelief. "What? That wasn't the first time you saw me calling someone." Eunhyuk raised one of his eyebrow and smirked. "What a chase you did then, buddy. Don't waste your time looking at other girls, she's a rare flower. Take a great care of her or I will kill you." Eunhyuk looked at Donghae straight in the eyes.

"I promise I will, sir. With all my heart." Donghae said. It was lunch time, Donghae and Eunhyuk were walking to the school's park. The weather was perfect for a lazy afternoon laying down in the grass. Donghae took a seat on the grass, and Eunhyuk sat beside him. "Hey, you still didn't tell me how you two finally reconcile? You were too happy to breathe back then." Eunhyuk said while opening his soda can. Donghae laughed out loud, Eunhyuk almost spilled his drink.

"I Have no idea Yuri has the power to turn someone into a madman. Hey! tell me now." Eunhyuk said.

 

********** Flashback **********

 

On Monday, Donghae came to school very early. He headed straight to the gym. And just like he thought, he found Yuri in the middle of the court, practicing alone. He walked towards her, and like before, Yuri noticed his presence. She stopped her practice and glared at Donghae. Donghae smiled.

"Good morning!" Yuri stood still. Donghae was in front of her now. "Wanna practice together? You know I'm good at this, huh?" Donghae tried to grab the ball on Yuri's hand, but Yuri slammed it to the ground just before Donghae touched it. Then she slapped him in his face. It was like a wake up call for both of them. Yuri's face reddened, and she walked away. Donghae grabbed her wrist tightly, and as he saw her face, it was covered in tears.

Yuri's eyes were still glaring at Donghae, but those tears couldn't lie. Yuri tried to get off from Donghae's grip, but she couldn't. Instead, Donghae pulled her closer and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry Kwon Yuri...."

"I love you...." He whispered to her ears.

Yuri tried her best not to shed tears but she couldn't resist it. The warm and painful touch of the person she loved had broken the wall she built high enough to guard her feelings. She cried and cried in Donghae's arms.  Donghae Yuri's hair and he kissed her forehead. He smiled like an angel.

"I don't know you're a crybaby. Whoa, the whole world will be surprised!" He said jokingly. Yuri pinched his arms. She wasn't crying anymore, but her face still covered in tears. "Ouch! Hey crybaby, you gotta stop this bad habit." Yuri laughed. Donghae wiped Yuri's tears with his thumbs. "No one in this world should ever make girls cry. If someone did, that person must be a bastard." Yuri giggled. "But I love that bastard, what should I do?" She smiled. Donghae could feel he was blushing. That sincere smile of hers. He could even feel his heart melted.

"Then you should stay with this bastard forever, so he can beat up other bastards who hurt you." Donghae pulled her again into a warm and tight hug.

***** End of Flashback *****

Eunhyuk had been paying attention to Donghae's story. "I should call the most famous drama producer to produce a drama based on your love story! I bet it will be a hit." They laughed. "But what about Yoona? I mean, what about her and Yuri?" Donghae's face suddenly looked a bit sad. "Yeah, that one. They still not as close as before, but it has got better now. I hope they will get along like before." Not long after that, the bell rang.

***

"Yuri! Your boyfriend's waiting for you outside." Said Tiffany. Yuri quickly grabbed her things and headed to the door. Outside the gym, she found Donghae standing in front of the door with his hands in his pockets. "What's with the pose?" Yuri asked. Donghae just raised his eyebrow and stepped closer to Yuri. He just smiled at her. She frowned. "Stop smiling, it's creepy." Donghae laughed. Then they walked togethe to the car park. 

"Because I'm attracted to you." Suddenly Donghae blurted out those words. Yuri turned to him, bewildered. She frowned. "Everytime you met me, you always asked 'why are you here?' right? That's my answer. Because I'm attracted to you, and I wanna see you for every second in every day." Yuri laughed out loud. "You watched too many dramas, Lee Donghae." Suddenly Donghae stood in front of her, cutting her way.

"What again? Can't we just walk normally to the car?" Said Yuri in a sarcastically playful tone. "Hm! Miss Kwon Yuri here seem to forget her promise!" Donghae said, he looked as if he had won something big. Yuri didn't say anything. Her eyes went up and down, trying to remember what promise she had made. Nothing rang a bell.

"Let me help you. You were playing basketball against me."

***** Flashback *****

 

"Let's play a game! Whoever scores the first point, gotta get what he/she wants." What on earth? Mind Yuri. It was too late to say no. Donghae grabbed Yuri's bag and put it on the bench. He dribbled around swiftly. Then they both stood in the middle of the court. Game started. Donghae threw the ball to the air. Yuri managed to get the ball in her posession. Just when she was about to strive to the ring, Donghae grabbed the ball. It was so fast Yuri didn't even notice his movement. Donghae ran like a wind and dunk the ball into the ring. Yuri just stood there in amazement. The next thing she knew, she was clapping her hands.
 
"You gotta practice more, young lady." Said Donghae, approaching Yuri. "Now I've lost. What do you want? Don't tell me to do your homeworks." Warned Yuri. Donghae laughed.
 
"I'm not as lazy as you think. Let's see, what do I want?" The smile on his face slowly faded. He stared at Yuri for a brief moment. Not knowing what should he say. Yuri stood there waiting for words to come through Donghae's mouth.
 
"See? You don't even know what you want! Now just go out there and drive Yoona home, okay? I don't want to see her sick tomorrow because you let her wait outside." Yuri dragged Donghae to the exit door. And before they knew it, they were out from the gym. Yoona was already sitting in the car. Yuri felt uneasy when Yoona saw them together.
 
"She's waiting! Go! Go! Go!" Yuri literally kicked Donghae's , and then she left.
***** End of Flashback *****
 
"AAAH!" Yuri screamed in shock. She didn't believe he still remember that game. Donghae laughed, seeing Yuri's reaction. "Ha! You remember it! Back then I didn't know what I wanted, right? Now I know what I want." He said seductively. Yuri took a step back, but she was too late. They were standing so close to each other that Donghae could easily held her waist.
 
Donghae gently pressed his lips against hers. He kissed her as gently as possible. It wasn't the first time he kissed a girl, but this time was different. He wanted to stay like that forever, having her on his arms, and not letting her go.
 
"I love you, Lee Donghae."
***