Chapter 12

Stand On My Own Two Feet

I recommend you to listen to 10 cm's Love At  Milky Way Cafe while reading this! <3  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV9B1YJge7E&feature=related***

 

The next day, after school, Yuri was walking to her favorite cafe near the school. She always went there to relax and have some snacks. The cafe was a small and cozy one, not many people were in the cafe that day, and Yuri felt happy because she could feel the calm atmosphere there. She ordered cafe latte and some cookies, then she sat on the table beside the window. She was lost in her happy thoughts when suddenly someone patted her shoulder. It was Lee Donghae.

"Hey." Said Donghae. Yuri looked up in surprise. "You? I've never seen you here!" Yuri said in a rather cheerful tone. Yuri was in a good mood. Donghae just smiled and sat in front of Yuri. "Yep, this is my first time here." He said, smiling. "Um, how did you find this place? None of your friends go here." Yuri said while sipping her cafe latte. Donghae strechted his arms. "I was following you..." He expected Yuri to snap at him in any moment. But she didn't. She just sat there smiling. She was really in a good mood. Donghae was surprised.

"Aren't you going to hit me or something?" Donghae asked. Yuri laughed. She looked very beautiful while laughing. "I will, later. I don't want to ruin my quality time." She said, smiling. Donghae was even more confused. "Okay, then. I'm sorry if I had ruined your quality time, but I'm curious about something. Why do you act strange to me? One day you're ignoring me, the next day you're nice to me, then you ignore me again, and so on. You really make me confused." Donghae blurted it out. Yuri just sat there, smiling at him. She didn't answer the question. Donghae didn't dare to ask one more time so he kept silent. Suddenly a song was played. It was a sweet acoustic love song.

"Oh, I can play this song on guitar. This is my favorite song!" Donghae exclaimed like a little boy who was bragging about his ability to his friends. Yuri giggled. Then she pointed to the corner of the cafe. There was  a small stage there, and there was a guitar and microphone. "Would you perform it now?" Donghae sprang up from his seat and walked towards the stage. He asked the staff to help him plug in everything. In couple of minutes, Lee Donghae mini concert began.

"Okay, everybody! My name is Donghae, let's party tonight!" She laughed when she heaard Donghae on the microphone. The song Donghae would play was 10 cm's Love At Milky Way Cafe. It was Yuri's favorite song. She watched Donghae performed in awe. She couldn't stop smiling. His voice was so soothing that Yuri felt really relaxed, and all the pain and burden on her shoulders was thrown away. The song ended, and Donghae bowed. The people in that cafe applaud him. Donghae walked back to Yuri's table. "How was it?" He asked, he somehow felt nervous. It was the first time he performed in the public. "You're good! You could be an international superstar!" Said Yuri. They laughed.

After sometime in the cafe, they decided to go home. "Let me drive you home." Offered Donghae. Yuri shook her head. "No, your house is nowhere near mine. Just drive home safely, okay?" She said, smiling. She was like an angel that time. Donghae felt really warm and safe near her. He wanted to be with her forever like this. Then she waved her hands and walked away.