Chapter 3

Stand On My Own Two Feet

***

The next morning came, and it was weekend. Yuri got up so early to jog around the neighborhood. When she came downstairs, her family was still asleep, so she tiptoed outside. Just when she closed the gate, she saw someone's silhoutte near her house. She approached the silhouette, and to her surprise, it was Lee Donghae.

"Yah! What are you doing here? You shoul've come to Yoona's instead! Go! Go! Go!" Yuri pushed Donghae but he didn't move. He stood still, smiling at what Yuri did to him. Realizing her effort was useless, she pinched Donghae's arm instead. He screamed in pain.

"What the hell?! Hey miss, I have an explanation to this. I've just dropped Yoona at her Yoga class, I thought it was a good time to jog, so I decided to walk around the neighborhood. Until I saw you in front of your door. So I guess it would be nice to wait here and say hi." Explained Donghae with all his might to convince Yuri. Yuri stared at him for a moment.

"No lie." Donghae raised his hand. Then Yuri laughed. "Haha, okay I believe you this time. You're up for a jog? Let's run together." She dragged Donghae's hand and they ran together to the park. 

They ran in the park together without any chit chat between them. Yuri ran so fast that Donghae could barely keep up her pace. From behind, he took a closer look at Yuri. Great shape, nice skin tone, amazing hair. He wondered why a gorgeous girl like her was still alone now. Drifted by his curiousity, he asked when they finally took a rest.

"Are you single now?" Asked Donghae bluntly, never thinking how the other person he was talking to would react. Yuri laughed again and shook her head, not answering the question.

"I know it's a weird question, right? Only Lee Donghae can ask someone he barely knows that kind of question. I even can't believe myself." He threw his body to the park bench. He laid down there, and Yuri sat beside his head. "You should learn how to talk to strangers, really. Or you'll gain enemies." Said Yuri calmly.

"You're not asnwering the question." Asked Donghae, he looked up to the sky.

"I am." Said Yuri. "I don't have to ask you back, right."

"No, ask me." Yuri sat in confusion. "Okay then. Are you single?"

".........." Yuri tapped Donghae's forehead. He closed his eyes. "What was that for?!" He rolled his eyes to see Yuri. Yuri stood there, frowning. "I'm not! I'm not! You know it already!" Then he sat up.

There was a dead silence between them for a moment. Then Donghae's phone rang. It was Yoona. He didn't answer it immediately. "Aren't gonna take that call or I will?" Donghae smirked, leaving confusion in Yuri's mind. Then he picked up the phone. They talked only for seconds, then Donghae got up.

"She's done already. I gotta pick her up. I'll give you a ride back to your house." Yuri shook her head. "Nope, I'll jog back to my house. Besides, she'll be waiting too long if you go to my house first. Go! Go!" Yuri pushed him away.

 

***

Yoona waved her hand, and the car which was passing towards her stopped. She opened the passenger door and sat in the car. She gave a light peck on Donghae's lips. She looked happy, but in contrary, Donghae looked out of place.

"Oppa, where are we going now?" Asked Yoona excitedly, her eyes got widened. Looking at her like that, Donghae couldn't help but blush. Yoona giggled.

"Uhm, let's go to Hendel and Gretel. You haven't had your lunch, haven't you?" Donghae started to drive the car. Then he saw Yoona pouted her lips. Her hands were crossed in front of her chest.

"We went there last week, oppa." She said in a sad tone. Donghae pulled over and turned his head to her.

"Then where do you wanna go? Shopping? Hmm?" Yoona kept silent and she stil pouted. She shook her head rapidly. Damn, she's so cute.

"Stop pouting or I'll kiss you." Yoona stayed still. Her face didn't change a bit. Without any hesitation, Donghae held her chin and kissed her gently. Not minding those pedestrians on the street.

***