Chapter 10

Stand On My Own Two Feet

***

Yuri was arranging things in her locker when someone suddenly pat her head. It was Lee Donghae. Yuri was very surprised. "What are you doing here?" Her face looked very annoyed. Donghae's smiled faded. "I was just saying hi." Yuri raised her eyebrow and continue arranging her things. 

"Are you going to the party?" Asked Donghae. "What party?" Answered Yuri, without turning her face to Donghae. "The celebration party for the basketball squad. I thought you've known about it. They're going to held it this weekend." Yuri still didn't turned her head, it made Donghae frowned. "I didn't know you're invited." Donghae felt a bit hurt by Yuri's words But Donghae felt somehow uneasy to answer it. "I... I wasn't invited, actually. I'm coming as a plus one." Yuri suddenly stopped whatever she was doing with her locker. There was a silence for a moment. "Yoona?" Donghae nodded. He felt that Yuri would know his answer without looking at him. Suddenly she turned to face Donghae. "Well, enjoy the party." She smiled, and left. 

***

"You're coming to the celebration party, right?" Asked Sooyoung to Yuri. They were sitting in school's cafetarie. Yuri was busy studying for the mid term tests next week. She was so absorbed in her books that she didn't even hear Sooyoung. Sooyoung then shook Yuri's arm, then she finally responded.

"What?" Asked Yuri. Sooyoung sighed. "Are you coming to the celebration party?" Yuri shook her head. "I have to study for the mid term test, I was busy practicing last week so I have to keep up this week." Yuri was a dilligent student, she often got straight A's on her report. "Hey, don't use that as an excuse. I know you have bigger reason than that. He's going with Yoona, right?" Yuri then sat up straight. She closed her books, crossed her arms in front of her chest and turned to face Sooyoung.

"Listen to me. That guy has nothing to do with my decision. I don't care about where is he going, who is going with him or whatever. Understand?" Yuri sounded a bit angry. Sooyoung raised her eyebrows. "Oh? Really? Yuri, please. You can lie to other people, but not me. You're jealous aren't you?" Sooyoung smirked. Yuri frowned and confused. She really wanted to hit Sooyoung's face that moment.

"Jealous? What jealous? Why should I be jealous? I have friends, I'm good at basketball, my grades are good, I'm happy! Why should I be jealous?" Yuri looked panicked. Sooyoung's smirk got bigger, then she pinched Yuri's cheek. "You shut up little girl. Okay, now leave everything to Mama Sooyoung. You just continue whatever you were doing." Sooyoung patted Yuri's back and left. Yuri was bewildered.

***