008

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

 

The tunnels were dark, damp and incredibly cold. There was a faint light in the distance, flickering softly. Jimin squinted his eyes to calculate exactly how far the light is. He shivered as a cool breeze travelled past him, forming goose bumps on his pale arms. The grey sweater he had on was not working as well to keep him warm as he felt the breeze travel through the small knitted holes in his sweater.

 

Jimin looked around, his surroundings were unfamiliar that was for sure. Where exactly is he? And how did he come here? He walked with uncertain steps, unintentionally towards the light far down the long eerie hallway.

 

“Jimin! Hey Jimin! Over here!” A voice called out to him enthusiastically. Jimin squinted again as he identified a tall and slim figure waving frantically at him from afar – near the light. “Taehyung?” He questioned softly. “Quickly! Come here!” Jimin nodded and started speed walking towards his best friends. He felt relieved seeing Taehyung. He wasn’t alone. Jimin smiled softly as he walked towards Taehyung with gratitude, but then he recognized another figure crawling out of the shadows, their large hand holding onto Taehyung’s.

 

“Jungkook.” Jimin frowned with confusion. He felt time freeze as he saw Jungkook looking back at him with an sadistic smirk as he held onto Taehyung’s hand tightly, guiding him out of the tunnel. “Hey! Wait for me!” Jimin called after them as he ran. Their figures were disappearing with every second. The light was only distancing away from him the more he ran, the dark hallways were closing in on him. Jimin breathed heavily, as he stumbled to the ground. The walls were closing in, screeching against the concrete floor.

 

“Rex regum.” The familiar voice chanted, there were many voices this time, deep voices. Jimin cringed as he huddled into himself. “Rex regum. Rex regum. Rex regum.” The voice was chanting in a continuous cycle, Jimin was hoping the voices would stop. Jimin covered his ears with his hands as he scrunched his eyes shut. “Stop.” He whispered. “Please stop.” He begged.

 

“Rex regum. Rex regum. Rex regum. Rex regum!” The voices spoke with anger.

 

“King of the Kings! King of the Kings! King of the Kings!” Jimin’s eyes widened as he understood what the voices chanted. Who are they calling King of the Kings? Jimin lowered his arms as he listened attentively.

 

“King of the Kings! Return!” Jimin stared in awe at the surrounding around him. The frightful voices sounded much more comforting now, they welcomed him, he could hear the desperation in their voices. The voices stopped as one voice carried on, the deepest voice of all.

 

“Rex regum, cave.”

 

“King of the Kings, beware.”

 

Jimin gasped loudly, as he took in his surroundings. The room was dark, he felt the familiar soft mattress beneath him. Jimin breathed in deeply, trying to calm down. “It’s okay, you’re in your room.” He comforted himself. Jimin’s heart was beating incredibly fast, sweat glistened his skin, his clothes stuck to his body from the sweat. "It was just a dream." He breathed.

 

“It’s okay.”

 

-----

 

The rest of the night Jimin was unable to go back to sleep. The dream felt far too real and he had too many questions to be able to fall asleep. What did his dream mean? Why where the voices calling him king? And what should he be aware of? Jimin ran a frustrating hand through his hair. His heart ached when he remembered the beginning of his dream, how Taehyung left him with Jungkook. Jimin clenched his jaw as he walked faster down the familiar hallway leading to the meditation class. After much thinking he decided to talk to Mr. Wu. He was tired of these confusing dreams. He needed answers.

 

Jimin raised his hand to the door and knocked as he waited patiently. He heard a rough 'come in' acknowledging his presence. Jimin obeyed and entered the room, he peeked his head in as he quickly scanned the room for the sole person he was looking for.

 

“What brings you here Jimin?” Mr. Wu asked. His face showed he was confused but for some reason Jimin had a feeling Mr. Wu was expecting his arrival. “There’s something I need to talk about.”

 

Mr. Wu smiled as he pointed towards the empty seat opposite him for Jimin to take. “Have a seat.” Jimin glanced around the room, the only source of light was from the candles on every corner of the wall, he silently sat on the silk pillow, engraved with patterns of lilac and gold.

 

“How are you feeling?” Mr. Wu asked, his eyes focused on the small candles burning with hot flames - leaving the room with an orange glow. Jimin inhaled the calming aroma of the candles, the scent was hard to describe. It smelt of a lavishing flower, unknown to humankind. A flower so rare to this world. It gave off the feeling of peace, security and innocence. It instantly calmed Jimin’s heart as he felt himself relax.

 

“Good.” He breathed as he unknowingly closed his eyes briefly before opening them as the realization of the purpose of why he came here in the first place took over his mind. Just as he opened his mouth to speak Mr. Wu cut him off.

 

“Rex Regum,” His voic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter