009

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

 

Jimin’s mind was everywhere after that day, he closed himself off in his room for days. And ate very little with the snacks around his room. If Taehyung actually cared about Jimin, he would’ve barged into his room already. But he wasn’t. After the talk with Mr. Wu, Jimin could hear the voices everywhere. The voices where intense. Louder. Harsher. They were calling for him and it was driving Jimin insane. It was around 3am when Jimin heard someone knocking loudly and rhythmically.  The voices where incredibly loud, as Jimin laid on his bed in a ball, trying to protect himself from the voices. His hands covering his ears in vain.

 

Suddenly, the door was broken off it’s hinges as two intimidating and muscular men clad in black expensive suits and crisp white shirts entered the room. Black sunglasses covering their eyes despite the appearance of any sunlight. Their faces where emotionless as their eyes caved onto Jimin’s squirming form, his bright eyes closed shut. Jimin opened his eyes, his hair stuck to his forehead, his body glistening in sweat as his blurry vision identified the two men.

 

Mr. Lee’s men. But why are they here?

 

With one last look, they walked steadily towards Jimin, one of them lifted him up swiftly and easily onto his shoulder. Jimin looked so fragile and small. “W-wait.” He murmured, the men stopped walking, but Jimin’s energy was already gone. The voices in his head were finally becoming quite, the world was finally silent as Jimin rested his eyes. The men continued walking.

 

-----

 

Jimin returned a few days later, but his happiness was slowly being out. The smile on his face was so fake, so unnatural that Jimin wondered how did everyone believe that he was okay. He greeted his friends in the morning besides Taehyung and Jungkook who were never there, he insisted he was okay and they all believed him with smiles as they carried on with their lives. Jimin wished someone could see through his façade and hug him so tight telling him everything was going to be okay.

 

Jimin found himself alone after that, more alone than usual. He had his friends, he had Jackson and Mark during the day. But what about at night? What about when the sky has turned pitch black, where his mind was the most alive. Jimin still heard the voices, and he heard his own. His voices were repeating everything he heard when he was taken by Mr. Lee. The torture he went through. His body still ached. His heart slowly breaking. When he was released, Jimin found himself knocking on Yixing’s door in the middle of the night, his body decorated in scars, blood still seeping out from the fresh wounds.

 

Yixing opened the door with shock as he felt his heart dropping to his stomach when he took in the view of Jimin so broken and vulnerable. Jimin was grateful that Yixing was able to almost completely heal him, he was glad the scars disappeared. The only thing he wasn’t glad about was the faint pain he could still feeling crawling under his skin, staying there as a reminder.  He heard the other voices, trying to soothe him, trying to comfort him. But it wasn’t working. All the voices where speaking at once, he felt as if his head would burst from the pressure.

 

Hoseok returned a couple of days later, he was stuck by Jimin’s side. But he too slowly started to distance from Jimin. Taehyung and Jungkook seemed more funnier, more welcoming. Jimin saw with his own eyes as his friends slowly left him. Hoseok, Namjoon, Seokjin and there was nothing he could do about it. The only ones who remained where Yoongi and the twins. Jackson and Mark hanged out too sometimes but they had their own group of friends, their group who Jimin was always so envious of with their strong friendship - unbreakable. All Jimin needed right now was someone who can understand him without him having to explain. All Jimin needed right now was Taehyung.

 

-----

 

Jimin marched towards the cafeteria where he knew Taehyung would be at the moment. He pushed open the doors and searched the entire room until he found Taehyung laughing with Jungkook. With determination Jimin walked towards them, he has had enough with Taehyung always bailing on him. He missed him. He needed Taehyung to listen to him and help him fight through his internal struggles.

 

He tapped Taehyung softly on the shoulder and cleared his throat. Taehyung curiously looked behind him where Jimin stood with an unreadable expression. Jimin glanced at Jungkook who had his attention on Jimin too before looking back at Taehyung, “I need to talk to you.” It was then Jimin realized how he really needed his best friend for comfort; things haven’t exactly been the best for him recently.

 

“I’m a little busy right now.” Taehyung replied motioning towards Jungkook. To be honest I liked it when you despised Jungkook Jimin thought bitterly. “It’s important.” Jimin said desperately as he bit his lip nervously. Taehyung sighed in annoyance, “Look Jimin whatever it is, it can wait. I’m busy right now.” Taehyung glared with annoyance.

 

I don’t even recognize you anymore Jimin thought sadly. Jimin sighed softly with a dejected look, “it’s okay, it’s not that important anymore”, he looked at the ground and walked off. Taehyung stared at Jimin with slight guilt but it quickly vanished as if it was never there. He turned his attention back to Jungkook who had an unreadable expression on his face. 

 

-----

 

Jimin sat alone in his room with the lights off. He was currently bundled with blankets while watching the finale of  ‘Descendants of the Sun’, the drama he was supposed to finish with Taehyung and Hoseok. But since they have been oh-so-busy with their lives Jimi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter