003

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

WARNING: A bit (like a tiny bit) of violence at the start. You have been warned.

 

Jimin breathed in heavily, his eyesight blurry. Another hit to his aching back, he gritted his teeth in pain. His face was sweaty with strands of his hair stuck to his forehead. The metal handcuffs were only cutting deeper into his injured wrists. The sickening sound of tight leather coming in contact with his back made him cry out in pain. Fire splurged out from his hands, an automatic reaction to get free from the pain. The metal band on his wrist had turned pitch black from the use of his powers.

 

“That’s enough.” A deep voice spoke. Mr. Lee stepped out of the dark and stared intensely at Jimin, observing his fresh wounds. The guards standing on each side of Jimin released him from the handcuffs. Jimin’s weak body fell to the ground, he didn’t have the strength to stand on his feet.

 

Mr. Lee bent down to Jimin’s level looking him square in the eye as he grabbed the back of Jimin's hair, forcing his head up. “What did I tell you about revealing your hidden abilities to the public boy? Do you know what mess you have made?” He spat. Jimin stared back lifelessly, he felt the urge to sleep becoming stronger. Mr. Lee raised his hand; “take him back to his room.” He ordered the guards coldly. The guards went on either side of Jimin and held him up by the arms and lead him out of the cold and dark room. The time was around eleven in the night so all the students were in the room, most likely asleep. Fortunately for the guards, no one would be seeing Jimin in this condition.

 

They took the lift to his floor and went inside his room using the master key. They put him to bed and left silently. Jimin didn’t have the energy to move into a comfortable position. He soon fell asleep, exhausted with using a lot of his powers and being punished. So he left the world behind for a while to the darkness that had always comforted him.

 

-----

 

It was around nine in the morning that Jimin’s phone rang, breaking him away from his peaceful slumber. He scrunched his eyebrows and faced the wall but the ringing continued. With a sigh he blindly reached for his phone and once it was in his grasp the ringing came to an end. He brought the phone to his face and stared at the bright screen with tired eyes. He rubbed his eyes and scrolled through his notifications.

 

(23) missed calls from Taehyung

 

(60) messages from Taehyung

 

(20) missed calls from Hoseok

 

(56) messages from Hoseok

 

(2) messages from UNKNOWN

 

Jimin sighed in deeply; he didn’t want to make his friends worry. He read through Taehyung’s and Hoseok messages where they repeatedly asked where is he and whether he is okay or not. He tapped on the messages from the unknown number.

 

Hey Jimin, it’s me Jungkook.

 

Are you okay? You didn’t look well before.

 

Jimin stared at his screen in confusion. How did Jungkook get my number? He rolled his eyes Hoseok or Tae probably gave it to him. Jimin attempted to sit up but the pain on his back pushed him back down to his bed. Hot pain flared throughout his back leaving him breathless. After a few moments when the pain had calmed down, Jimin went on his phone and pressed the call button.

 

The phone rang as Jimin waited, when the person picked up Jimin didn’t waste any time. “I need your help.” He spoke and hanged up as he waited for the person to come. "I'll reply to the others later." 

 

-----

 

“Jimin?” A hand shook his shoulders. Jimin fluttered his eyes open, his vision blurry but he could make out a figure staring down at him. He blinked a couple of times until his vision was clear again. Yixing stood near his bed, concern written all over his face. Jimin gave a small smile and took his shirt off as he laid on his stomach for Yixing to see the wounds. Yixing gasped when his eyes set on the horrific and fresh wounds all over his pale back.

 

Jimin’s back was littered with deep cuts and dried blood. “It was him again, wasn’t it?” Yixing gritted. “Please heal me already, my back hurts a lot.” Jimin said, attempting to change the subject. Yixing sighed and hovered his hands above the wounds as a golden light erupted from his palms. Jimin’s body tingled as he felt the wounds closing; he closed his eyes at the sensation.

 

Yixing and Jimin have a close relationship. Jimin first met Yixing when he was nine-years-old, at that time Yixing was sixteen. Yixing studied at the academy and after he graduated he decided to work as a nurse who healed injured students. His power was indeed healing. He was aware with what goes on between Mr. Lee and Jimin but he is unable to do anything except heal Jimin after another beating, everyone is powerless when it comes to M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter