007

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

 

“And then Yoongi turned invisible and punched them. They literally didn’t see what was coming!” Jimin spoke happily. Yoongi put his arm around Jimin. “This guy literally burnt all of their clothes except for their boxers so they had no choice but to run away in their underwear. It was a great sight.” Yoongi chuckled. Seokjin and Namjoon burst into laughter. “I can’t believe you did that!” Seokjin exclaimed as he clutched onto his stomach from laughing so hard.

 

“Did you cover Areum’s innocent eyes?” Namjoon asked Haneul teasingly who frowned. “Of course.” He puffed his chest out proudly. “I’m literally the same age as all of you.” Areum rolled her eyes. Jimin shushed her and teasingly pulled her head towards his chest as he hugged her. “Shh, my child.” Areum pinched Jimin on his forearm making him yelp. “Young lady, how dare you hit your daddy?” Seokjin asked. Yoongi cackled as Haneul face palmed.

 

Areum made a disgusted face. “I’m not into all that stuff like you Jinnie.” She stuck her tongue out. Jimin grabbed her by the shoulders with a serious face. “I am your daddy now.” Haneul stood up, “Nope, I can’t do this. You guys are crazy.” He said as he walked away. “Where do you think you’re going? Don’t turn your back on daddy!” Jimin yelled as he ran after him. The others watched them amusedly.

 

Areum glanced at Yoongi who was already staring at her with a small smile. “You should smile more.” He said quietly. Areum blushed. She cleared ; “I just wanted to thank you for what you did. My brother may be acting grumpy but I know he is just as happy.” Yoongi ruffled her hair lovingly. “Don’t thank me, thank Jimin. It’s all thanks to him.” He said humbly. “It’s thanks to both of you.”

 

“Nonsense. We were just doing what’s friends should do.” Jimin interrupted while clutching onto the back of Haneul’s shirt. Areum stood up and hugged him, resting her head on his chest. Haneul stared at his sister, he felt grateful too, because finally they felt- “protected after so long.” Haneul whispered as he hugged Jimin from behind, his arms circling around his waist as he rested his head at the back of Jimin’s shoulder, his cheeks dusted a faint light pink.

 

Jimin froze before he let out a heartwarming chuckle as he hugged them back. “I- no we will always be here for you. This fight… you won’t have to face it alone anymore.” Jimin whispered the last part, referring to their bullying. He ruffled both of their hair, the twins smiled back looking at him with a new gaze. A gaze full of respect and love. A tall figure with vibrant blonde hear walked past unnoticed, only noticed by Jimin since he could recognize that figure anywhere. Jimin caught Taehyung speed walking out of the cafeteria, his hands full of snacks, a packet of sweets captured with his teeth. “Tae-“ Jimin murmured, as he watched his best friend walk out, his best friend who he hasn’t seen for a whole day.

 

Jimin excused himself and ran after Taehyung, he found Taehyung at the end of the hallway making a sharp left. Jimin immediately followed after, “Tae!” he called after him. “Where is he going?” Jimin frowned in confusion. He caught up to Taehyung who was now a couple of steps away from him, he was about to call his name when Jimin saw the person with Taehyung. Jungkook was smiling sweetly as he accepted the snacks Taehyung offered him. Jimin was beyond confused, since when where them two close? Jimin could have sworn that Taehyung deeply disliked Jungkook… but then why was he hanging out with him?

“Taehyung.” Jimin spoke softly. Taehyung who was giggling, turned around to face Jimin, the smile on his face immediately vanished. “Jiminnie.” He said nervously, as if Jimin has caught him doing something bad. Jimin took slow steps towards them, his spared a glanced at Jungkook who returned the gaze.

 

Jimin smiled slightly, “Where have you been yesterday? I was looking all over for you.” His eyes searched Taehyung’s, he didn’t know why but for the first time he felt a slight gap, a slight distance between them. “Oh, I had something to do.” Taehyung replied as he shared a look with Jungkook. Secrets. Jimin’s face darkened, he couldn’t help but feel a little jealous. Why does he feel like the one left out? Usually it’s him and Taehyung who have these secret shared looks that only they can understand. The smile left his face.

 

“Well what are you doing now? Want to hang out? We still have the drama to finish.” Jimin said hopefully. Taehyung winced, “Ah, sorry. I can’t right now Minnie. I have to help Jungkook with er… math?” His response came out more like a question. “Oh.” Jimin fake laughed. “It’s cool I guess, I’ll… see you later?” Taehyung nodded, “What about tomorrow? We’ll watch the drama tomorrow in my room. “ Jimin smiled one more time, as he walked off. Once his back was to them, he felt his smile disappearing. This was the first time Taehyung had rejected him, even if he made plans for tomorrow.  

 

-----

 

​Jimin didn’t see Taehyung the remaining of the day, the next day came way too early. Taehyung had texted him saying to meet up at noon. He didn’t show up. When Jimin went to him room, Taehyung wasn’t there. He stood outside the door for fifteen minutes as he patiently waited but gave up when he realized no one is on the other side of the door. The night Jimin received a late text from Taehyung who apologized and reasoned something came up. They set a plan to hang out the next day. 

 

Taehyung didn’t show up.

 

-----

 

It has been a week since Jimin last properly spoke to Taehyung. He mainly spent his week with the twins, Yoongi, and sometimes with Jackson and Mark. Hoseok has disappeared somewhere too. When Jimin asked around for where Taehyung is, he always heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter