014

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

 

 

The plaza was full with people, it was expected as it was a Saturday morning. Jimin was wrapped in a large coat and scarf that covered half of his face. He wore a grey beanie, covering his black hair, with strands of orange left. The weather was sunny but cold, he felt at peace. Jimin glanced at his phone, the map says the shop is somewhere around here. Jimin looked to his left and right, he squinted his eyes as he shielded them from the sun with his hand. The shop was right at the end of the street, with excited steps he walked towards the shop.

 

He stood outside the shop, taking in its appearance. It was a simple shop, with a few flowers behind the glass window. He pushed the door open, the bell tinkling, hanging from above. “Welcome!” A muffled voice came from the back of the store. Jimin looked around, there were flowers everywhere, so many scents. It was refreshing. A young brunette came out, she quickly tied the back of her navy apron. “Welcome!” She repeated with a smile. When her eyes met Jimin’s, she froze, the smile vanishing from her face.

 

“A-are you..” She stuttered in disbelief. Jimin smiled shyly, as he cutely tilted his head to the right. The young girl quickly looked downwards, showing her respect. “W-welcome, your highness.” She said innocently as she clasped her hands in front of her, giving a small bow. “No need to be so formal.” He said with a smooth voice as he patted her shoulder lightly. The girl glanced at his hand on her shoulder to his face, before letting out a smile.

 

“Is your grandmother around?” The girl nodded quickly.

 

“I’ll call her ou-“

 

“There will be no need for that.” A sweet voice cut her off. Jimin glanced at the elderly woman, who walked with light steps from the back room. Jimin smiled and bowed. “Jang-Mi.” Jimin stated. The said woman smiled sweetly and bowed lightly towards him. “I have been waiting to finally meet you, my King.” She beamed, her ages eyes disappearing as she chuckled wholeheartedly. Jimin smiled softly, he always had a soft spot for the elderly.

 

Jimin was about to open his mouth but Jang-Mi beat him to it. “I already know what you’re going to say, I know everything son. Just follow me.” She said and walked towards the back, Jimin following after her. The back room was not what Jimin expected; it looked like it was a hidden room right out of the academy. Marble floors, the ceiling so high up, with marble pillars surrounding the room. How is that even possible?

 

Jang-Mi chuckled at Jimin’s expression, a fond smile on her aging face. At the centre of the room sat a round table, made out of black marble, around the table was four of the same logo, with Latin words between it, an unfamiliar sight to Jimin. He the table, the feeling of the marble smooth under his fingertips. His fingers wandered on the writing, over each letter, and felt warmth under his fingertips. Jimin raised his hand, only to see the part of the words he had touched was shining brightly in gold.

 

Tueri, amare.

To protect is to love.

 

Jang-Mi stood beside him, staring at the table, before she let out a sound of satisfaction. “You truly are the rightful king.” She smiled sweetly, her eyes swimming in adoration and pride. Jimin smiled in return but had a confused look on his face and so she explained.

 

“The table,” she the smooth surface, “This table is an ancient table, having the touch of every royal family, right from the start of time. All of the past Kings were given the task to touch one of the sides of the table out of the four. Each sentence here has a special meaning that conveys what type of king they will be in the future.” Jimin concentrated, amazement swelling inside of him. He felt chills knowing this is where the past rulers stood.

 

She pointed to the north of the table.

 

“Arrepta hebdomadis, ad opes.

Taking advantage of the weak, to gain power.

 

Ut bene sit.

To lead is to prosper.

 

Electio sit tantum valere.

To be strong is the only choice.”

 

She turned around to Jimin, a knowing smile on her face. “And the last one. Tueri, amare, meaning-" 

 

"To protect is to love.” Jimin cut her off. She smiled, "That is correct."

 

“Now that we know of your destiny, shall we get you ready for your throne?” She said in a low tone.

 

“I’ve been waiting for this.” Jimin responded with a smirk.

 

 

 

 

Jimin opened the door to his hotel room carrying his exhausted body and flopped onto the bed, on his stomach. The whole 'preparing-to-become-king' session was tiring, thrilling but tiring. Jimin learnt about the Royal Family's origin, its history. It was pretty cliché but just as interesting. Everything felt like a dream. From a normal Gifted student to becoming the next king. (A/N: 0 to 100 real quick lmao.)

 

He thought back to what Jang-Mi said about awakening his royal blood. "You see our ancestors didn't want to make it simply, they wanted grief to trigger it. I don't know really, something about showing how you are truly part of the Royals." Jangi-Mi's voice echoed in his mind. Jimin sighed, how the hell was he supposed to do that? "Once it has awakened, you will need Mr.Wu to guide you. He is the best I know at helping one to control their strength, their power. Tell him I said hi too." Jimin chuckled softly, it was obvious she had a little crush on Mr.Wu. With that he his back and closed his eyes, far too tired to change his clothes.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter