006

The Gifted Ones [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

 

Night has fallen in the academy as the moon glowed elegantly in the night sky with twinkling stars shining brightly in the turquoise sky. Despite the calmness and silence of the night, a figure looked upon with a heavy heart. Jimin would usually admire the beauty of the night but he couldn’t help but shudder, an ominous feeling rising inside him leaving him in goose bumps. The hairs on his body rose. Something didn’t feel right. He felt a shadow slowly surfacing from the dark corners. Jimin felt restless.

 

“Something is wrong.”

 

-----

 

Jimin walked with quiet steps in the hallway, he decided to go to the common room. This room was a rest area for students, to socialize, play etc. Jimin walked to the many vending machines as he decided he needed some comfort food. He looked along the machine at the many choices of snacks. He decided on some chocolate covered crackers. In simple words, animal crackers. He put some change in the slot and waited patiently to receive the crackers.

 

The second the crackers landed with a soft nudge Jimin wasted no time and swiftly grabbed it. He opened the plastic packet as he looked around the room for a spot to sit. There was a couple of students lazing around either watching TV, playing video games or just speaking with their friends. Jimin found a vacant seat at one of the couches, he lazily sat down as he munched on his snack. He brought his phone out of his pocket, mindlessly scrolling through his feeds.

 

“Hey.” A voice called out, Jimin averted his attention from his phone to the intruder. He identified the person as Jackson whom he had an incident with, Mark was silently standing beside him. Jimin nodded, acknowledging their presences, “Hi.” He muttered with a confused gaze.

 

“Mind if we sit here.” Jackson smirked. Why were they talking to him? Didn’t they hate him after what happened? With a dazed expression Jimin moved over giving them space to sit. Jackson’s smirk instantly vanished as he chuckled nervously, tapping his foot repeatedly. He looked at Jimin with a small smile on his face; “I just want to thank you…for helping me last time.” Jimin frowned, “You shouldn’t be thanking me. I hurt you in the first place. I’m really sorry about that by the way.” He said sincerely. He was a little shocked with Jackson thanking him, with his smirk no longer on his face.

 

Jimin saw a kind soul behind his façade. “Hey man, it’s fine. You didn’t have to help me afterwards but you did even though you got in trouble. That’s true sportsmanship right there. ” Jackson grabbed his shoulder in a brotherly way. Jimin felt his heart warm up as he gave a sweet smile. Jackson nudged Mark who was sitting quietly with an emotionless expression. Mark snapped his attention from Jimin to Jackson. The two shared a conversation with their gaze; it lasted for about a couple of second before Mark sighed out loud.

 

“I’m sorry too, for speaking rudely to you. Though it was your fault at first.” Mark muttered the last bit, which, resulted with Jackson’s elbow nudged painfully into his rib. He hissed as he glared at Jackson. Jimin chuckled at the scene, “I’m sorry too, I understand you were worried. It’s cool.” Jimin smiled. Mark stopped his death glares towards Jackson as he turned his attention to Jimin, a quick look of surprise, his lips ghosting a smile just as it’s gone. Maybe they weren’t as bad.

 

“So, how about a game of Call of Duty?” Jackson wiggled his eyebrows comically making Jimin laugh as he nodded. He can already see the start of their friendship blossoming.

 

-----

 

Jimin ended up hanging out with Mark and Jackson for about two hours. It was around dinnertime so he headed to the cafeteria. Taehyung and Hoseok where not in sight so Jimin decided to sit on his own. He was happily eating his warm chicken soup before he was rudely interrupted – “JIMIN!”

 

Shin Jimin came running excitedly to where the poor boy was sitting attempting to have his soup in peace. She hurriedly took a seat opposite of Jimin as she clasped onto his hands, her eyes twinkling. “Guess what?” She jumped giddily on her seat, trying to consume her excitement but was failing miserably. Jimin chuckled softly, “What?”

 

“There’s a new student in our school and her name is… JIMIN!” She shrieked, as she fully jumped up and down, no longer even trying to hide her excitement. Jimin rolled his eyes at his friend’s behavior but he was slightly interested in the new student. “We can finally start a band! I already thought of the name, ‘The Jimins,’” she said dramatically.

 

“Hmm, yeah I’m not feeling it.” Shin Jimin gasped in horror and offence, “Boy, did no one teach you manners?” Jimin chuckled and cheekily stuck his tongue out. “Anyways, we apparently have an assembly by the principal at 8pm.” Shin Jimin informed in a bored tone. Jimin frowned, “I didn’t hear anything about an assembly.”

 

Shin Jimin shrugged her shoulders. “Let’s go so we get the good seats.” She said happily as she linked her slim arm with Jimin’s, dragging him away. The two waited patiently in line at the entrance of the main hall where the assembly will be taking place. They quickly took their seats, chatting a little. The hall was loud with students speaking with each other but, the second Mr. Lee took his first step up the grand stage the main hall instantly became silent. All eyes on the one figure walking with authority and confidence.

 

Mr. Lee was a powerful man with an intimidating aura. He was around his late 30's but has inherited a youthful look. He was tall and lean, and frighteningly handsome, his eyes always cold, the same with his rich voice. He glanced at the students before him and slowly leaned towards the microphone. He ed his expensive navy suit and leaned on the wooden stand with both hands.

 

Mr. Lee’s gaze was different now. It was calculating as he scanned the crowd. His eyes landed on Jimin as his gaze hardened, as if he had secured his target. Jimin gulped under the cold gaze as he unknowingly shivered a little. Jimin feared Mr. Lee the most. He has seen and experienced many layers of Mr. Lee that is blind to the public. He felt nauseous. Shin Jimin placed her warm hand on Jimin’s, stopping his staring contest with Mr. Lee.

 

“You okay?” She whispered softly, her voice slightly concerned. Jimin nodded hastily and turned his attention back to the stage.

 

“Good evening all. I hope you are all working hard.” Mr. Lee’s deep voice echoed throughout the hall. “Well, I know you must be tired so I will cut to the chase.” He said sternly.

 

“Recently, I have heard about some events with students not keeping their power in control, and being disrespectful. So, to stop this ridiculous behavior from tomorrow onwards there will be security patrolling around the academy.” Mr. Lee stared at every individual as he spoke, his voice never faltering.

 

“I am warning you now, that if any sort of bad behavior is witnessed by the security… there will be punishments.” Mr. Lee said eerily, his cold gaze locking onto Jimin’s once again. This may have sound like a normal warning to the students around him, but Jimin heard the hidden threat behind his voice. Threating him. Telling him that if he messes up again, then he will be punished severely. A lot worse than usual.

 

Mr. Lee stood straight. “That is all.” He finished swiftly and elegantly walked off the stage. Jimin let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding in. He could never breathe under Mr. Lee’s gaze. Jimin was still seated as the students exited the hall one by one. Mr. Lee wasn’t always that cold. There was a time where he was intimidating but a little soft. That however was long gone. As Jimin grew up, Mr. Lee became very distant and incredibly cold. He sighed as he got up. Majority of the hall was empty, Shin Jimin has disappeared to who knows where.

 

Jimin glanced towards the exit and recognized two familiar figures walking together. “Taehyung and… Jungkook?” Jimin questioned to himself quietly. What where they doing together?

 

-----

 

Jimin tried to run after Taehyung and Jungkook but they had already disappeared, since he was bored hr decided to meet Yixing. He calmly walked along the almost empty hallways, his hands in his pockets. As he hummed a tune to himself, he heard someone sniffling quietly, almost unnoticed. Jimin stopped, as he looked around his surroundings trying to find who it is but none of the people around him were crying. His eyes landed on a girl with their back hunched, glued impossible close to the wall, their back towards him. As he walked closer, the sniffling were louder, more clearer. Jimin looked around him at the other students walking past, did none of them see the crying person? Maybe they just didn’t care, it wouldn’t be a surprise.

 

Jimin reached out and touched the person’s arm who immediately spun around. Their eyes wide open, completely white. Jimin immediately retreated, losing balance as he fell on the floor. His eyes just as wide. The girl’s eyes instantly chang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter